SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 07:49:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh please god no...  (Read 6136 times)

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
Re: Oh please god no...
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:08 PM »

I guess instead of being mad that we are getting a car with a paint job I won't see when driving it in a driving game. I am looking at it and saying I would love to get serious seat time in a real M1 but at least this really good driving game is going to let me have a crack at it.

I am not some tree huggin' peace love cosmic karma kinda guy despite what my long hair might make you think at first. But in this case we are getting a BMW M1 a great drivers car and significant in the world of sports minded machinery. Why focus on the paint why not the car underneath the paint? The negativity just isn't worth it in my eyes when I see what we are getting.

On top of that is this speculation? Or if it is real how "soon"?

And I am I understanding this right you would rather have cars we already have in the game with different liveries than to bring in a totally new car and in this case a rather consenquential one in sports cars. From the drivers seat in a driving game  the livery means nothing. In a game focused on showing vehicles my viewpoint might be different. But then again I probably would not be having this conversation as I would not buy that game I don't think.

It's one car. I think you are misunderstanding me here. It's not the M1, the paint job on it or new cars all together I am complaining about, It's PD incessant tenancy to give us a couple few new cars and making us wait for prolonged periods of time for them. Like Chrome mentioned, they are already behind on the development of two of the SEMA winners. If this car is developed I can imagine that we'll get it the same time we get those two pushing those two back further yet.

I understand the point of taking ones time getting it right but in the mean time peoples interest in the game is waning. I just fail to understand this tickle our anticipation for something that is months if not years away when they can give us a decent handful of temporary holdovers every so often wile we wait. I mean simple livery alteration could equate a handful of cars that has all the hard work done all ready, wile the dev team is doing all that hard work for the new stuff like this. It's just enough to get players to say Ohh, something new and/or different to play with.

There is also my complaint of PD's one offedness....Ok say we do get this. Do you believe this is going to bring in it's wake the street M1, I don't. Looking back on that note I have to ask where are these cars?

Just to name a few. Three of those five are road going versions of post release downloaded premium race cars, The other two are road going versions of standard race cars passed over in the past and subsequently again during development of GT5 in favor of more Skylines and Miatas. I suppose getting the street M1 is possible but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Then again, it is PD we're dealing with. When asking them for things the old adage applies, put one hand out in front of you and the other under your ass and wait to see which one fills up first. Maybe I should say to hell with the whole god damn thing, Maybe I can get my cameras back out or something. Several thousand dollars of gear and potential income collecting dust wile I have been spending time with GT-5.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13:18 PM »

for me new cars (if they are new and not another recycled Skyline or Miata) are kool. The livery editor to me is just like suits and skid lids......... another form of playing dress up.
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 05:06:37 PM »

I'd kill for an M1. The Pro Car is the sexiest car of all time; it's been one of my favorite cars for years.

Check out this hotness and tell me you don't want to pilot it at the Ring.

Soundcheck BMW M1 auf der Nordschleife

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »

for me new cars (if they are new and not another recycled Skyline or Miata) are kool. The livery editor to me is just like suits and skid lids......... another form of playing dress up.

If it were just a livery editor then yes it wouldn't be much more than playing dress up, an idea I've had knocking around in my head for a while that I think I posted an early version of in the "Hey Kaz" thread would be to take it a step further in a way that I think would be more than a simple "dress up" concept.  

Basically it's a "Create your own Race Mod" programme, take any car and convert it into an Amateur Touring / Cup Car by means of mechanics that are already in the game (e.g. front / rear downforce, better than Stage 3 weight reduction, etc) with a livery editor part to create our own basic race car liveries.

I guess it's still not much more than a "dress the street car up as a proper race car" idea but it could have mileage :), I also have a great idea for a track designer too.  I really need to polish both of those ideas and post them somewhere lol.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 05:17:04 PM »

Wow in all that I am still failing to see what the precise problem is and it looks like new points are being brought in.

I would still be OK with the Warhol Group 4 M1 even if it wouldn't lead to other versions of the M1. And the thought that somehow different liveries are going to keep me satisfied is way off base for me personally. I bought the game for the driving give me a wider choice of actual cars that are drivers cars and I wouldn't give a shit if they are Mary Kay pink and not repaintable. BMW e90M3, Porsche 911 rsAmerica, Ferrari 250GTO or 288GTO or Daytona. The
Ist could go on and on but different liveries why bother?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 05:17:32 PM »

I'd kill for an M1. The Pro Car is the sexiest car of all time; it's been one of my favorite cars for years.

Sounds great and it's a lot faster than old volvos.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 05:18:58 PM »

I think you get what I am saying :-)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »

I would drive the ever living shit out of a pink M1.

In fact, one of my favorite race cars is the old Porsche Pink Pig. As fugly as it was, it was remarkably beautiful.  8)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »

Ronin are you saying you want the taurus, impalla and a camry added?  :-\

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 05:24:36 PM »

I would drive the ever living shit out of a pink M1.

In fact, one of my favorite race cars is the old Porsche Pink Pig. As fugly as it was, it was remarkably beautiful.  8)

Doesnt matter if we get just one livery of each significant drivers cars down through the ages. But give us the worthy cars. You hear me brothers can I get an amen!

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 06:00:32 PM »

Sounds great and it's a lot faster than old volvos.

I'm not sure I like your tone.

Some of us might like old Volvos. Some of us might really really really want a Volvo 262 or 242 GT.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 07:01:21 PM »

I once owned a Volvo 242... not the GT mind you. It had very comfy seats, perhaps the best car seat I ever warmed. I have nothing else positive to say about the '76 Volvo 242
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 10:31:54 PM »

I don't think that NASCAR cars and their respective road cars are a good example.  They have basically no similarities and both would have to be completely modelled separately with no overlap.

The biggest (of an awful lot) of problems that PD has this generation is the length of time that it takes them to model cars and tracks.  This is a large reason for the standard cars and the length of time that PD took to make GT5.  Turn 10 is producing lot after lot of DLC cars for Forza while PD is putting out small numbers of cars, many of which are race modded versions of cars already in the game.  Part of the reason that PD takes so long is that they do all the modelling themselves and part is that they are very meticulous with how they do the modelling.  Sure in the showroom, PDs cars look better than Forzas.  Many of Forzas cars just don't look quite right.  But on the track, I don't notice.  People then get angry because work on one car means that their favourite car is probably going to be a ways away.

Personally, I'm not a huge car guy so I don't really care that certain cars are missing.  What I do like about GT is that there is a large variety of types of cars that you can drive anything from karts, to rally cars, to normal cars to supercars, to touring cars to openwheel cars.  Even funny cars like boats with wheels.  I'm happy that PD is putting the effort in to release more tracks.  ANY cars they see fit to add are welcome too.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 04:27:35 AM »

If the NASCAR comparison won't fly then trying to tie the Panoz race car we have in the game to their street car is no good either I don't believe they share much more than a name.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 06:05:29 AM »

If the NASCAR comparison won't fly then trying to tie the Panoz race car we have in the game to their street car is no good either I don't believe they share much more than a name.

You're right. The normal Esperante has ZERO in common with the GTR-1 other than the name. However, there are two Esperante GTR-1 Road Cars out there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up