SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 02:14:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh please god no...  (Read 6134 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Oh please god no...
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 09:49:43 AM »

I'm not going to say it's just a game. It's a hobby that people put a lot of time and money into. There are some things we have little to no control over though, so maybe we should be happy with what we have. There's no such thing as a perfect game. I think that paint job is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen, but I'm pretty sure it's a good car. On the other hand, sometimes people need to let out some steam and express displeasure. PD/Sony does weird shit, and it pisses people off.

:pill

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 09:53:06 AM »

Also, NASCAR is a joke having teams/manufacturers call their cars by associated model names. As a curiosity, what series actually have race cars with chasis and engine closely resembling production cars? (This is a serious question - I'm a bit ignorant in that technical aspect)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 10:03:09 AM »

Also, NASCAR is a joke having teams/manufacturers call their cars by associated model names. As a curiosity, what series actually have race cars with chasis and engine closely resembling production cars? (This is a serious question - I'm a bit ignorant in that technical aspect)

Nascar is a joke, I've been saying for years, they should go back to running production cars with roll cages. I'd definitely watch that, and I'm sure a ton of other people would too.

As far as other racing having close to production cars, just about any of the road course stuff that gets televised. ALMS, Rolex Sports Car Series, Continental tire series. I'm sure there's a bunch of others.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:36 AM »

I couldn't say for sure nowadays, but I always thought the cars in the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) used to have cars that were much closer to their production car brothers and sisters (back in the 80s / 90s when I used to watch it).  I couldn't say for sure how much they were altered (obviously they were converted to race cars so there was definitely some amount of modification) but I always thought the concept of the series was to use modified production cars rather than all identical prototype chassis / engine / body / etc.

Where as with the current Nascar or DTM (German Touring Car) cars that seem to be basically identical prototype chassis, body, engine and other mechanics with little more than decals and livery to identify the manufacturers, the BTCC cars used to be much more like the production cars.  Perhaps more like Nascar used to be in the 60s and 70s when the cars at least looked like their non-race counterparts, unlike today.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »

Nascar is a joke, I've been saying for years, they should go back to running production cars with roll cages. I'd definitely watch that, and I'm sure a ton of other people would too.

As far as other racing having close to production cars, just about any of the road course stuff that gets televised. ALMS, Rolex Sports Car Series, Continental tire series. I'm sure there's a bunch of others.

I concur with Continental tire series. Someone at the planet has spec'd a bunch of cars for it too.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5848123#post5848123

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »

I wouldn't say NASCAR is a joke, in itself, but the "National Association of Stock Auto Racing" is nothing about "stock" cars, so it's a farce of itself.

A new sport would have to be created to go back to stock now. Too much speed, too many chances to get hurt, too much money mean NASCAR won't change. I like what PD is doing supporting racing a stock car at the 24 hour race, but that is different.

As far as PD goes, they really need to add about 400 American and European player-wanted older cars in GT6, so that most of these complaints go away. And I don't say that lightly. They really do have some catching up to do, not with other sims, just with themselves. Sometimes I think they get in their own way.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:15:53 AM by MasterGT »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 02:43:46 PM »

I just remembered an interview I seen with a crew chief for a Corvette team that runs in the ALMS saying, the race cars have the same engine as the street cars, but had to be de-tuned by 100hp to make them more even with the rest of their class.  :o

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 02:46:27 PM »

Also
http://www.grand-am.com/News/GARR101/EvolutionoftheGrandTouringCategory.aspx

That and the Continental tire series is some of the best racing you'll ever see. They are not scared to put a fender on somebody, but are mostly pretty clean, just race hard.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 03:31:12 PM »

The Continental Tire Series is one of my faves right now.

And Turbo you're right PD does goofy shit. I started out trying to understand why someone would be bitching about adding anyy good drivers car with significance in history especially one we don't have in the game yet no matter how it was painted. Then my curiosity was extended to trying to understand wanting more of the same cars we already have with different paint over new cars. I wasn't getting angry and hopefully it did not appear I was angry in any way.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:32:44 PM by BakedTuna »

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 04:03:04 PM »

Baked... don't fret, it's the home team here man. We understand that what may be construed as anger is only righteous indignation.... let it flow
I want an M1 it looks,drives and sounds awesome
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 11:09:50 AM »

Wow, sounds like a Croonah "Bitch post" was deleted and the conversation continued on,

Seriously, PD hasn't done much for the game lately (o.k, except for the 4 Motegi tracks and the FR-S). 

So any mention of a completely NEW car for the game is Welcome!  I mean, haven't we had enough "GT ACADEMY" side dor sticker 370Z's and GT-R's in the game already.  I don't know about you guys, but two of each was enough BEFORE the GT Academy challenge came out. 

O.K., so some people don't like the paint job on the M1 - tough - live with it if it comes out.  Those who will bitch about the paint job will probably be the first ones to drive it in the game ;)

Livery editors, while nice, ARE just Dress up.  Most of us don't really give a shit about them. How about more wheel packages and some better aero kits and wings - like the wing on the Ferrari Enzo or the Lamborghini Aventador aero parts.    Additionally, a better rated "downforce" for he bolt on wings and how about some downforce values on the front air dams and canards too, PD?

Getting excited over what hasn't even been talked about as a definite is speculation and rumor.  Let's get the TWO SEMA Award winners in the game, then talk about the other carrots that PD has yet to commit to saying will even be in the game or a future generation of the game.

Lot of good info. came out of this discussion - Damn, I'm glad to be a TUNA!

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 01:05:13 PM »

The Continental Tire Series is one of my faves right now.

And Turbo you're right PD does goofy shit. I started out trying to understand why someone would be bitching about adding anyy good drivers car with significance in history especially one we don't have in the game yet no matter how it was painted. Then my curiosity was extended to trying to understand wanting more of the same cars we already have with different paint over new cars. I wasn't getting angry and hopefully it did not appear I was angry in any way.

I did get upset. I can not understand why people are not only willing to, but fighting in favor of PD embarking on yet another new addition when the last additions are not even here yet and making us wait with little if anything to hold us over when there some albeit lazy things they can do quickly in the mean time.

The point I was trying to make:

1. PD needs to finish one project before starting another one or they need to manage their resources better and find more efficient ways to keep us the players happier for shorter periods of time more frequently wile they embark on their bigger multi-element projects.

I followed that with things they could be doing differently, quick and easy things they could do in just a couple few months for some temporary satisfaction along those lines.

2. Don't get your hopes up anticipating normal street version and the Pro version of the car.

I followed that up with some of PD's history.

If it is not a Japanese car, the chances of getting more models of the car be it alternate race versions or street versions are less than one in ten. Which yall blew completely out of context with this Nascar is a joke and not an appropriate example of my point shit. In fact the Nascar ones are the perfect example, they are no different than the Japanese Grand touring cars in the element they share with nothing more than general shape with their street counterparts. But yet, with the exception of the Diablo each and every JGTC car has it's street variant in the game be it good or bad. NSX, GT-R, SC-430, Supra, Garaiya, RX-7, MR-S, 3#0-Z, Impreza, Altezza/IS...they are all there.

Yes, we got tracks last week and one car. Sorry, but those tracks and that one car are not going to hold us over long enough for PD to finish the two SEMA cars let alone develop that car. That track is a lot like Laguna Seca in that wile people respect it, they hate it and are reluctant to drive it. I anticipate seeing this track a bit over the next couple weeks then it'll thin out and we'll see it about as much as we see Laguna Seca. Spa was a good decision to add, but we see how long the initial sparkle lasted. I do not believe Motegi will hold it's luster nearly as long despite four variations of the raceway. Then there is the car, We've already had it for several months, it just says Toyota on it.

Now, if they can do this with production cars, Why can they not do this with race cars? I don't give a damn how much significance the cars driver played in the world of racing. I want to see something different and that is my problem, I want to see something different three months from now, not eight, ten or twelve months from now. I am tired of seeing the same things over and over again.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 01:37:18 PM »

Honestly, Ronin, I look for opportunities to bash NASCAR. That's all I have to say about that.

Wait...one more thing...

:pill

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 01:49:45 PM »

Seriously, PD hasn't done much for the game lately (o.k, except for the 4 Motegi tracks and the FR-S). 

I really wouldn't call what you mentioned here 'much'. A track from GT4 and a rebadged car.

Attention everyone...Party in Tallstar's lounge when they Give us the Subaru BRZ and charge us $3.00 for two configurations of Infineon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up