SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 05:53:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nominating/Voting on Cars to be Added to GT  (Read 2881 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Nominating/Voting on Cars to be Added to GT
« on: August 20, 2012, 09:09:34 AM »

MastrGT started a process to see if we can get Cars nominated and voted by the GT Community actually handed to SONY/PD so they can see which ones we feel are the most essential for our driving experience in GT.

I'm sure he can tell you more about how the 'passing along" of the list will be done, but the process is underway and I thought it would be a shame if this wasn't posted here for you all to at least see, if not participate in yourselves.

OzDaddy62 manages the process and the lists.  He's a great guy and a good friend of mine.  Doing a fine job assembling the lists and referreeing the process.

The Essential GT Car List

I suggest you read through the OP of that thread for the formal process of nominating cars and the format for doing so.  Posts such as "more mustangs" will not receive any attention, while those with detailed explanations for why the particular model is essential to GT and some stats and pics are great too.  But see the thread for detailed instructions.

Here are the threads for the votes themselves.

RESULTS FOR VOTE #1

VOTE # 2 The Essential GT Car List - open until Friday 8/24

RESULTS:

The ten cars that receive the most votes will be added to the Essential GT Car List Winners Circle.  It will be these cars along with the winners of all future votes that will promoted to Polyphony Digital as per the objective of the Essential GT Car List.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 09:14:26 AM by Ex-Xboxfan »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Nominating/Voting on Cars to be Added to GT
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:35:03 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Ex, I had a quick scan through the car list and I can definitely say there are a lot more interesting cars to choose from here than the first one to the point that even after just a quick glance it might be hard to pick "just 10" to vote for :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:19:25 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Ex, I had a quick scan through the car list and I can definitely say there are a lot more interesting cars to choose from here than the first one to the point that even after just a quick glance it might be hard to pick "just 10" to vote for :).

:stoopid:

Much better than the first list.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 10:38:30 AM »

I would like to see more Ford Race cars in that list! I will put to gather a list of cars i think should be there.

P.S. If you don't know by now I'm a Ford guy and proud of it!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 11:07:42 AM »

You can find them stickers for every car Chrome. :P

Jim Clark's 1965 Lotus-Ford  Indy winner.
 1967 Trans Am cars
 1969 Boss 429
 Parnelli Jone's 1970 Mustang Boss 302

I would go for any 1960's and 1970's Trans Am cars!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 12:15:20 PM »

meh, I'm not much of a ford fan, but I know that lots of people are, so that's fine.

if making submissions, try not to inundate the thread with dozens at once... probably 2 or 3 each month or so would keep it from being too saturated by one person's nominations.

besides, spreading it out means you have more representation in the monthly voting and your cars may have more visibility that way anyways.

and yes, this 2nd list is better than the first in that is built on a newly devised Essential Cars list rather than the old "legacy" thread that was used to do the first vote.  in other words, they were cleaning out the old thread for a new one, but didn't want to just abandon the cars on the first list.

it was really hard to narrow it down to just 10 this time around.

I copied each that I liked into Textpad and then deleted one by one until I had only 10.  It was hard.  I loved the idea of having the eagle i-Thrust in the game, for instance, but when it meant I had to leave out a "serious" nomination, I axed it from my vote.

Since this is for the whole GT community, it would be really good if this forum was represented as well.

For voting, you'd just need to log in and send a PM to the right inbox.  The Death Star's tractor beam will be disabled so you can quickly retreat back over here if you feel the need  8)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 12:22:44 PM »

I voted earlier. I'm probably in the minority, that I prefer street cars over race cars. I only had 2 race cars in my 10.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 12:26:01 PM »

This list did seem more interesting... but what is the deal with the 1963 Impala SS? I've seen that pop up more than once on people's wish lists... it would be terrible! Yeah, it's a classic and it's rare... but so is the Autozam AZ-1 and that thing isn't any fun either. The Impala is more [big american 50s sedan] and it is [any late 60s muscle car].

People seem to be all fussy about getting cars they they want in real life, but not cars that would be fun to race, you know, as it's a racing game and all. Like the Tank Car, yeah, it's mildly interesting in real life, but to put it on track against other cars is stupid.

In real life, I would love a coachbuilt Delahaye or Duesenberg or some giant pre-WWI touring car or even some 1950s/60s American boat (really? A Pontiac Grand Prix SJ is on that list? It's a barge not a sports car). But when it comes to racing video games, how about an F355 Challenge or some more F1 cars or some Trans Am cars or just some performance road cars (glad to see the CTS-V on this list). There's an idea, instead of PD giving us 3 cars from a 15 different race series', how about 15 cars from 3 different race series?

Aaand deep breath.

/rant.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:28:35 PM by TheHotstepper »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »

what is the deal with the 1963 Impala SS? I've seen that pop up more than once on people's wish lists... it would be terrible!

yea that one didn't get my vote.... shh

People seem to be all fussy about getting cars they they want in real life, but not cars that would be fun to race, you know, as it's a racing game and all. Like the Tank Car, yeah, it's mildly interesting in real life, but to put it on track against other cars is stupid.

yes that is part of the problem.  though, a tank car fully loaded with extra weight ballast is a great "punter" in demo derby, just for fun style races.  though, I doubt Kaz would approve.

At least we con't have to see Jay's big chin every time we look at the thing.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »

Damn, I don't see a Half-Track on that list.  I wanted to drag race the Kuble wagon or that boat thing with the shovel, against its American counter part.

I'm with Chrome, I'd rather have more street cars than racing cars.  This list is slightly better than the last one, but still having trouble picking 10 of them.  I'm not an "old car" guy, I like new technologies, so this list is harder to pick from due to the vast number of oldies.

Thanks for keeping us posted on the DeathStar doings!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »

*snipped*

There's an idea, instead of PD giving us 3 cars from a 15 different race series', how about 15 cars from 3 different race series?

Word.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »

*cropped for space*

There's an idea, instead of PD giving us 3 cars from a 15 different race series', how about 15 cars from 3 different race series?

:stoopid:

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 02:11:54 PM »

haha... reminds me of the quote...

"oh, i'm afraid this battle station will be quite operational when your friends arrive."

sounds like Oz has received a few tuna votes already.  awesome!

I wouldn't expect to see the same type of spread between old cars and new in future votes.  each list could be very different.

and if the newer cars are what gets you up, then voting for them certainly does send that message.  if the experience is "hmm, we all like these, but no one is voting for them." then older cars that are just nostalgic and not "essential" might not make it in the list for voting.  hard to say.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 02:13:59 PM »

*snipped*

Word.

word, indeed.  I think the intention is to send PD the message that we'd like a race car of a particular make/build, but then say "we also want same-class cars to race this against"

that's the idea as I understand it, but PD will do whatever they do.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up