SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 06:48:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Race Wars  (Read 1484 times)

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
Race Wars
« on: December 14, 2011, 06:58:44 AM »

Checking for interest in a ten race points series I'm looking at holding on Friday December 30th.

--Event--
       - 10 Race Points Series
       - One night stand (ten consecutive races held on one day/night)
       - False start - Off (New)
       - Qualifying -Reverse grid Auto assign (New)
       - Cautions - No
       - Penalties - Off
       - Visible damage - Off
       - Mechanical Damage - Light
       - Traction control - Permitted
       - ABS - Permitted
       - Active steering - OFF
       - Skid recovery - OFF
       - Driving line - Permitted
       - Slipstream - Weak
       - Drop-ins welcome

--Car Selection--
       - Amuse  S2000 R1 '04
       - Blitz  DUNLOP ER34 SKYLINE '07
       - Blitz  ER34 D1 SPEC '04
       - HKS  CT230R '08
       - HKS  GENKI HYPER SILVIA RS2 '04
       - Mazda  BP FALKEN RX-7 '03
       - Mine's  BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R V•spec N1 base '00
       - Mine's  BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06
       - Mine's  LANCER EVOLUTION VI '00
       - Nismo  Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03
       - Nismo  Skyline GT-R R-tune (R34) '99
       - Nissan  GRAN TURISMO SKYLINE GT-R '01
       - RE Amemiya  Amemiya FD3S RX-7
       - Trial  Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03

--Car Restrictions--
       - Performance points - 550 PP
       - Tuning/Parts - Unrestricted
       - Tires - Racing Hard

--Race Schedule--
       - Rome - 5 laps
       - London - 5laps
       - Circuito de Madrid reverse - 7 laps
       - Tokyo R246 reverse - 7 laps
       - Rome Reverse - 7 laps
       - Circuito de Madrid - 10 laps
       - Côte d'Azur - 10 laps
       - Special Stage Route 5 - 10 laps
       - Tokyo R246 - 10 laps
       - Top Gear Test Track - 15 laps

--Scoring--

- Points System-
          1 - 50
          2 - 46
          3 - 43
          4 - 40
          5 - 37
          6 - 34
          7 - 31
          8 - 28
          9 - 26
          10 - 24
          11 - 22
          12 - 20
          13 - 18
          14 - 17
          15 - 16
          16 - 15

--Miscellaneous--
       - Once a car is chosen a driver may not change his car.
       - Disconnects during a race will be treated as a mechanical failure.  
       - You will be awarded the last running order points. (14 participants, you get 14th place points)
       - If more than one disconnect occurs, points will be given in the order of disconnect.
       - Disconnect victims may resume racing with the following race.
       - No points are provided for missed races.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:50:56 PM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Race Wars
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:47:39 AM »

At this point in time I'd say I'm 70% certain I'd be interested and could participate in this.  I've got the 30th off from work for New Years so some great GT5 races could be just the ticket ^-^

PSN ID = dawson864

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 05:14:27 PM »

If I'm understanding correctly it's 10 races mostly back to back on the 30th?  Right now I'd be interested, subject to any unexpected "holiday" plans coming up, though I may have to be a drop-in or a "step away for a race here and there" if that'd be ok? :)

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »

If I'm understanding correctly it's 10 races mostly back to back on the 30th?  Right now I'd be interested, subject to any unexpected "holiday" plans coming up, though I may have to be a drop-in or a "step away for a race here and there" if that'd be ok? :)

Yes, you are understanding it correctly. As for the drop-in/drop-out that is fine as well, infact that is why I mentioned it. I was discussing with a couple others a couple of weeks ago about the difficulties involved in running race series and the reasons for such low turn out. One of the biggest factors is the tendency among us as a group to prefer arrive and drive events, events like the sho-sho and tu-tu are formatted. Many people are finding it difficult to commit to an hour/hour and a half for single race on a weekly basis. My entire concept of the one night stand series is meant to accommodate people who just want to show up and participate for a little wile and leave wile also fulfilling the wants and needs of drivers like my self and a few others I am aware of who want long term attrition racing.

I can change the date if the date is too difficult, the reason I chose this date was solely due to it being the week following the conclusion of Brindles current season.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 07:04:43 PM »

Yeah I'm in the same boat as Feldynn.  I'm interested and will probably show up but I don't think I'll race in all ten races.  If my quick math is somewhat correct, that's at least a 4 hour session, depending on how long of a break between each race.  That might be too much for me.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 07:07:26 PM »

I may be able to participate.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »

I'll probably be able to show too. I probably won't stay for the full 2 and a half or more hours...but I can try. Nice teo see the tuners get some attention. Either way, right now I'm a 'maybe'.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 08:57:39 PM »

Yeah I'm in the same boat as Feldynn.  I'm interested and will probably show up but I don't think I'll race in all ten races.  If my quick math is somewhat correct, that's at least a 4 hour session, depending on how long of a break between each race.  That might be too much for me.

The break in between races, I was figuring on just long enough to get the results documented and the track changed (That reminds me of something I forgot in the OP). For the overall duration, I had originally conceived a six race series. However trying to work with the tracks I wanted made for more redundancy than I liked, so I added four races so I could flipflop around with a little more freedom and not have the same track twice in a row or one race later. As for lap counts, I did not go out and do any time trials to calculate individual race times, I set the laps specifically to start out with the more familiar sprint races and and worked up to the lower medium length races based solely on lap count. This series is an exploratory event, my long term goal is eventually get to a point where every now and again run short (Three to five race) series composed of medium length (15 to 20 lap) races. 

I'll probably be able to show too. I probably won't stay for the full 2 and a half or more hours...but I can try. Nice teo see the tuners get some attention. Either way, right now I'm a 'maybe'.

Yeah, I have to admit the car and track selection is done on a rudimentary illegal street racing theme. All of the decal embossed cars with no sanctioning body numbers on street courses working up to the grand finale on an abandoned airport runway....made sense to me at least....

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 09:11:09 PM »

The break in between races, I was figuring on just long enough to get the results documented and the track changed

I'd agree, keeping a fairly quick pace is the way to go.  The only thing you may want to do is every 3rd race or so, have a little longer break so people can go take a dump or a smoke break or whatever else they need to do.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 09:15:54 PM »

Couple more questions from Curious George over here :)..

1:  Do you want us to pick 1 car ahead of time to for the day?
2:  Regarding a couple of Tuna cars not in the lineup, specifically Opera 350z / S2000 and the Nismo 400R / 270R, were they deliberate omissions for performance / esthetic / list size / etc reasons?

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 09:49:58 PM »

Couple more questions from Curious George over here :)..

1:  Do you want us to pick 1 car ahead of time to for the day?

Have not decided yet
2:  Regarding a couple of Tuna cars not in the lineup, specifically Opera 350z / S2000 and the Nismo 400R / 270R, were they deliberate omissions for performance / esthetic / list size / etc reasons?

I was specifically choosing cars with notable and ample decals and no numbers. I will admit some of the cars listed are a little thin in the decal department but they are there.

That said...those four among others where deliberate omissions, Just to name a few:
Opera 350z, Nismo  Fairlady Z S-tune (Z33) '02, Spoon S2000 - lacks decals element, pretty much sleepers
Opera S2000, AEM S2000 - has a number on it
Nismo 400R, Nismo 270R - Just a single stripe on the side

Although, wile double checking everything I did find one I missed.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 10:01:09 AM »

One more car question, sorry :) .. what about the HPA Stage II R32 Golf?  I noticed it in my garage just now while looking at Mine's standard cars.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 10:38:58 PM »

One more car question, sorry :) .. what about the HPA Stage II R32 Golf?  I noticed it in my garage just now while looking at Mine's standard cars.

Both HPA cars had been dropped because all they have decal wise is the "HPA", I felt it was a little short.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 08:50:55 AM »

The break in between races, I was figuring on just long enough to get the results documented and the track changed (That reminds me of something I forgot in the OP). For the overall duration, I had originally conceived a six race series. However trying to work with the tracks I wanted made for more redundancy than I liked, so I added four races so I could flipflop around with a little more freedom and not have the same track twice in a row or one race later. As for lap counts, I did not go out and do any time trials to calculate individual race times, I set the laps specifically to start out with the more familiar sprint races and and worked up to the lower medium length races based solely on lap count. This series is an exploratory event, my long term goal is eventually get to a point where every now and again run short (Three to five race) series composed of medium length (15 to 20 lap) races. 

Yeah, I have to admit the car and track selection is done on a rudimentary illegal street racing theme. All of the decal embossed cars with no sanctioning body numbers on street courses working up to the grand finale on an abandoned airport runway....made sense to me at least....

love the format and theme Ronin.

PSN ID = dawson864

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 09:26:37 AM »

The break in between races, I was figuring on just long enough to get the results documented and the track changed

I'd agree, keeping a fairly quick pace is the way to go.  The only thing you may want to do is every 3rd race or so, have a little longer break so people can go take a dump or a smoke break or whatever else they need to do.

Nice. 
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up