• May 07, 2024, 07:03:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Linked Events

• TuTu Shuffle: December 11, 2012
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: TuTu December 11 2012 - The $4 Billion Shuffle  (Read 3088 times)

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
Re: TuTu December 11 2012 - The $4 Billion Shuffle
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 08:49:58 AM »

Big turnout was big. Thanks everyone.

I got disco'd at Tsukba and couldn't get back in so I called it a night. Goos times.

No dots.  I thought you guys raced late.
Sometimes yes, sometimes not, we do all have real lives too, right?  right??

I planned to get on earlier but the wife couldn't fall asleep.  Hopped on at 11EST hoping to get some shufflin' in, but it looked like all the garage doors were closed.
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 09:41:20 AM »

Sometimes to refresh dots I go to Open Lobby. It seems to refresh everything just enter and exit.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 10:13:27 AM »

I think we ended a little after 10pm ET last night...

Sorry we missed you, Rick. A new tshirt would have been a welcome Christmas present...

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »

I think we ended a little after 10pm ET last night...

Sorry we missed you, Rick. A new tshirt would have been a welcome Christmas present...

Usually I show up and everyone leaves. LOL Last night was cool you guys stuck around for quite a few races.

Good Times!

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 01:00:13 PM »

Usually I show up and everyone leaves.
Thought that was my job!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 01:41:01 PM »

Hey, last night, I heard someone on the mics complaining about "brake checking." I asked if it was me and nobody answered. I just wanted to say that I tend to brake a little early and on at least one occasion, someone really drilled me from behind hard. I try to drive pretty clean (don't always succeed, lol) so if my driving bothered someone, please let me know so I can adjust. Sorry if I caused any contact out there. Had a blast. One of those races ... well I had to save the replay because it was one of the best races I've ever run. I started in the back of the pack and just using slow in fast out, I moved through the pack and into second place in 4 laps. Seems like folks were drifting wide on a lot of those turns, so going in a little slower really helped me pull to the inside and make a pass.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:48:39 PM by MX5_Racer_69 »
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »

Hey, last night, I heard someone on the mics complaining about "brake checking." I asked if it was me and nobody answered. I just wanted to say that I tend to brake a little early and on at least one occasion, someone really drilled me from behind hard. I try to drive pretty clean (don't always succeed, lol) so if my driving bothered someone, please let me know so I can adjust. Sorry if I caused any contact out there. Had a blast. One of those races ... well I had to save the replay because it was one of the best races I've ever run. I started in the back of the pack and just using slow in fast out, I moved through the pack and into second place in 4 laps. Seems like folks were drifting wide on a lot of those turns, so going in a little slower really helped me pull to the inside and make a pass.

They may have been talking about Grill, idk... his brake pedal sticks and he's not brake checking anyone on purpose. At one point at Cape Ring I came up on him really fast and there were about 5 cars right behind him and he was barely moving... just clogging up the corner... it was really bizarre and I couldn't stop laughing about how dumb it must've looked if you were watching

That might have been the race that was just pure chaos... there were cars spinning everywhere, hitting everything... I slid wide on the last corner and hit Dude (who was also off course)... the only obstacle in sight. It shot me back on track (and no one was coming at the time) and I spun down the straight leaving a ton of smoke... I notice two cars coming onto the straight so I just sit still instead of weaving into their paths... then Charlie comes barreling through the smoke and hits me head on...  I think, of the 11 cars in that race, all but 2 had some sort of accident

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 02:44:09 PM »

I was side by side with Charlie when that happened. He hit you, I went between you and the other car.    :angel:

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »

I don't think it was happening yesterday, but today i'm seeing some phantom braking from my pedals.. also, i slowed down unnecessarily more than once, i have some trouble finding braking points in traffic.. if i did so in front of anyone, i promise it wasn't intentional

Hey, last night, I heard someone on the mics complaining about "brake checking." I asked if it was me and nobody answered. I just wanted to say that I tend to brake a little early and on at least one occasion, someone really drilled me from behind hard. I try to drive pretty clean (don't always succeed, lol) so if my driving bothered someone, please let me know so I can adjust. Sorry if I caused any contact out there. Had a blast.

^ I'd like to second that, i tend to let traffic by me, and sometimes i'm bad about mirror-driving - i'm trying to learn to be aggressive enough to compete and stay focused out the 'windscreen', without being a total ass, so please let me know if i do anything particularly annoying & i'll try not to repeat it.  you won't hurt my feelings.

not unlikely that i punted you, mx5, very sorry if so

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 03:15:42 PM »

The harder the tire the more challenging it is for me to find the correct braking points. I tend to either slow way too early or way too late.  :)

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »

:stoopid:
:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 04:50:56 PM »

MX5 i was bitching at myself for brake checking. just want to give everyone a heads up if they we tailgating me  that i could stop unexpected to myself and cause a pile up. N/A       you may want to remove your pedal covering and vacuum the pedals that usually gets rid of phantom braking, i should do mine also... ::)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 04:52:02 PM »

I found with bad tires, the penalty for breaking late was far worse than the penalty for breaking too early.   :)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 08:13:57 PM »

I think we can all agree that we never intend to ruin each others races and that is why we all stick around. I never take offence when I am bumped etc. It usually ends in a good laugh anyway.  ;D Fun racing last night. I wish I could stay around longer. Love the shuffle!
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up