SupaTunaGT

• May 07, 2024, 02:14:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Linked Events

• TuTu GTI RM: January 29, 2013
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TuTu January 29 2013 - 2001 Golf GTI RM  (Read 2388 times)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
TuTu January 29 2013 - 2001 Golf GTI RM
« on: January 24, 2013, 04:16:22 PM »

Car: Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01

Setup: Perform RM. Oil Change. Paint/wheels encouraged. All other tuning and parts adding prohibited.

Restrictions
Power: 177hp
Weight: 980kg
Tires - Racing Hard (Fast Wear)
Tuning - Prohibited
Lounge: TuTuTuna
Opening Track: Spa

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
Re: TuTu January 29 2013 - 2001 Golf GTI RM
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 06:59:22 AM »

I had fun. Thanks guys. Full rooms are very encouraging!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 07:32:22 AM »

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 08:15:20 AM »

Good times too .... thanks for running something other than Nurb and DRC.  Deep Forest was great.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:14:47 AM »

it was fun but it sucks that it emptied out kind of early compared to other times i've joined...

also, people seem to be more pushy about gaining positions early on in races than I remember.  there seems to be less consideration for the fact that someone in front of you already has position to take a corner how they please, rather than putting one's nose where there is no room.   :-\

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 09:22:05 AM »

guilty ... but i never pushed anyone off the track.  If I do ... I wait for them all the way to the back if necessary ... which seem's to be a lost art.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 09:44:53 AM »

guilty ... but i never pushed anyone off the track.  If I do ... I wait for them all the way to the back if necessary ... which seem's to be a lost art.

:stoopid:

Sorry Ex, I know I bumped you once or twice.

But both of you are right. If you knock someone off track, you should pull over and wait. I saw someone run someone else over last night... pushing him way off course and he kept going saying "Sorry it was an accident." (this is a weekly occurrence). Yeah, but he still needs to learn to pull over and wait. No one rams anyone else on purpose (unless it's Cip). Accidents happen and "rubbing is racing" but if you bonk someone into the kitty litter, you really should pull out of harms way and let them catch up to you. Yes, it ruins your race, but you just ruined someone else's. /screed

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 09:49:30 AM »

Accidents happen and "rubbing is racing" but if you bonk someone into the kitty litter, you really should pull out of harms way and let them catch up to you. Yes, it ruins your race, but you just ruined someone else's. /screed

I can't agree with this enough +1+1+1+1+1+1

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 10:05:02 AM »

it was fun but it sucks that it emptied out kind of early compared to other times i've joined...

also, people seem to be more pushy about gaining positions early on in races than I remember.  there seems to be less consideration for the fact that someone in front of you already has position to take a corner how they please, rather than putting one's nose where there is no room.   :-\

This might be referencing me, and I apologize if it is.  Approaching the first turn at Deep Forest, I was fighting with someone to my right.  I had a better line heading into the turn and all my attention was focused to my right.  I made a sharp left and I'm pretty sure I hit a couple cars, though I'm not positive because I was still rubbing with the car to my right.  It took a few seconds before I got a chance to look back and I know Box was one of the cars behind me that I may have cut off. I should have said something after the race, but I was dealing with putting a 9-year old to bed.

Sorry if this was aimed at me.  I'm still getting used to other cars on the track as I come out of semi-retirement.

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 10:50:31 AM »

Since I've had, unusually, alot to say this morning, I'd like to clarify something ....

I love bumping and rubbing with other racers. Having someone on my left and/or right rubbing fenders is the pinnacle of racing to me. If I 'notice' put someone off, or get them outta shape enough that they drop way back .... I'll ALWAYS drop off my pace. Whats going on in the mirrors is just as important as the windshield. Its never my intent to bully anyone ... I'm simply trying to race you hard and keep both of us on the track. When I make a mistake, I'm my own worst critic on how I could have done that better.

I'm saying this, because I dont want a sign above my car that says dont breath on me, or touch me.  Please race me ... I really enjoy the cozy closeness and the battle of it all. But when an accident happens ... make the adjustment.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 11:18:49 AM »

I pitched off the inside curb on the last corner a bit more than I expected in one Deep Forest race and bounced into Cip, pushing him out a bit wide onto the grass.  I stayed to the left and slowed down to make sure he was ok but was looking to the right not ahead and ran into the end of the pit wall, not sure it qualified as "pulling out of harms way" but Cip survived relatively unscathed and I did laugh at myself after :D.

It might have been me you were side by side with Rick, I remember rubbing doors a few times with different people around Deep Forest but if I was overly aggressive then I do apologise and hope I didn't cause anyone any issues.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »

Ugh, you guys did do other tracks?  I hopped in and while the room was quite full, I had no interest in Sarthe (which was track at the time).  Saw a lot of new (to me) names as well, and was wondering how clean and fun everyone would be.  From the prior posts it sounds like it got a little dirty, but still fun.  I'm a little sad I passed now finding out that Sarthe doesn't appear to have been run much longer than when I left.  I jumped in hoping for some spa, but watching 10 cars next to each other bouncing rev-limiters didn't look that interesting so I rolled out :P  I guess by now I should know better!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 11:39:47 AM »

Since I've had, unusually, alot to say this morning, I'd like to clarify something ....

I love bumping and rubbing with other racers. Having someone on my left and/or right rubbing fenders is the pinnacle of racing to me. If I 'notice' put someone off, or get them outta shape enough that they drop way back .... I'll ALWAYS drop off my pace. Whats going on in the mirrors is just as important as the windshield. Its never my intent to bully anyone ... I'm simply trying to race you hard and keep both of us on the track. When I make a mistake, I'm my own worst critic on how I could have done that better.

I'm saying this, because I dont want a sign above my car that says dont breath on me, or touch me.  Please race me ... I really enjoy the cozy closeness and the battle of it all. But when an accident happens ... make the adjustment.

Well said Agent.

I don't think any of the racing was "dirty" last night. The cars equated to a tight pack, which in turn will cause some contact. It's what you do after said contact that makes the difference. I try to race everybody clean, but do get a little excited sometimes, and drive in over my head, but I hope you all know by now, I don't mean any harm. There are a few guys I will race a little extra hard, just for fun. I think they know who they are.  :D
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 11:46:04 AM »

I pitched off the inside curb on the last corner a bit more than I expected in one Deep Forest race and bounced into Cip, pushing him out a bit wide onto the grass.  I stayed to the left and slowed down to make sure he was ok but was looking to the right not ahead and ran into the end of the pit wall, not sure it qualified as "pulling out of harms way" but Cip survived relatively unscathed and I did laugh at myself after :D.

It might have been me you were side by side with Rick, I remember rubbing doors a few times with different people around Deep Forest but if I was overly aggressive then I do apologise and hope I didn't cause anyone any issues.

There was one time I banged into that damned wall on the last turn at Deep Forest, got into someone and finished the last lap sliding through the pit.  Pretty good wreck if you ask me.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 11:49:29 AM »

In my experience, people who think rubbing is racing are often the same people who think that destabilizing a car so you can get and advantage is racing and sticking your nose where it doesn't belong is racing.  Incidental contact will occur when people are racing hard but it is not the goal of close racing.  If you gain an advantage from contact that you initiated, you should give it up.  If you crash someone from contact, you need to wait.  I haven't raced with you guys in a while so this isn't directed at anyone in particular.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up