• May 07, 2024, 03:47:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Linked Events

• TuTu GTI RM: January 29, 2013
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: TuTu January 29 2013 - 2001 Golf GTI RM  (Read 2387 times)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
Re: TuTu January 29 2013 - 2001 Golf GTI RM
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 01:15:55 PM »

Since I've had, unusually, alot to say this morning, I'd like to clarify something ....

I love bumping and rubbing with other racers. Having someone on my left and/or right rubbing fenders is the pinnacle of racing to me. If I 'notice' put someone off, or get them outta shape enough that they drop way back .... I'll ALWAYS drop off my pace. Whats going on in the mirrors is just as important as the windshield. Its never my intent to bully anyone ... I'm simply trying to race you hard and keep both of us on the track. When I make a mistake, I'm my own worst critic on how I could have done that better.

I'm saying this, because I dont want a sign above my car that says dont breath on me, or touch me.  Please race me ... I really enjoy the cozy closeness and the battle of it all. But when an accident happens ... make the adjustment.

Well said Agent.

I don't think any of the racing was "dirty" last night. The cars equated to a tight pack, which in turn will cause some contact. It's what you do after said contact that makes the difference. I try to race everybody clean, but do get a little excited sometimes, and drive in over my head, but I hope you all know by now, I don't mean any harm. There are a few guys I will race a little extra hard, just for fun. I think they know who they are.  :D

You're right: last night wasn't particularly "dirty." The hurt feelings just get amplified when we have a bigger crowd and tighter packs of cars.

It seems we have this conversation every few months or so.

I wasn't singling anyone out in my earlier post (well, I was, but you know. Sorry, I'll deal with him directly). So nobody fret. It was a lot of fun and I hope you all enjoyed it enough to come back and keep the room full week after week.

And Feldynn, you using the end of pit lane as an e-brake was pretty funny.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 02:05:48 PM »

hey guys, I wasn't thinking of anyone in particular really.

there were so many tiny little cars in a pack that who could tell who bumped who anyways!

bumps are fine, but here is the situation I really get annoyed by, and it is not THIS group per se, just in general:

1. I am in front of another guy/gal coming into a corner where we all know it's fastest to start out wide and cut in.  (I understand that racing is looking for openings and you gotta take risks sometimes)

2. I start out wide and begin cutting in and you assume I will not cut in even though I am well ahead and you know that if I want to avoid a collision, I'll let you slide by.  That's not very honorable and when i'm behind you I'll do everything I can to tap brakes, change lines etc. to make sure I am not the perpetrator of the collision.

3. when this occurs people behind those two colliding cars tend to just push through rather than tap their brakes and let the racing resume.

If/when I gain a position over someone I respect as a racer, I want to know I did it in a way that did not cause the other car to have to do something drastic to avoid me hitting them.

That turn #1 on Deep Forest is probably a good exception to the rule.  If you start out to wide there, you are inviting someone to pass on the inside.

It's sometimes very difficult to tell whether you are just taking the right line or leaving someone an opening and inviting them to stick their square peg into a round hole.

So I in general just forgive and forget and try to place as high in that race as I can considering whatever happened.

Goos times still y'all!

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 02:15:21 PM »

Thank you Stepper!

Last night was a lot of fun.  Good crowd, good racing, good folks.

I have to admit, when I see a certain person near me as we approach a corner, I try to get the hell out of the way or risk being run over/bounced off track by said person.

I think a PM is in order.  Winning should be secondary to respectful racing.

Brindle

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 02:30:14 PM »

In my experience, people who think rubbing is racing are often the same people who think that destabilizing a car so you can get and advantage is racing and sticking your nose where it doesn't belong is racing.  Incidental contact will occur when people are racing hard but it is not the goal of close racing.  If you gain an advantage from contact that you initiated, you should give it up.  If you crash someone from contact, you need to wait.  I haven't raced with you guys in a while so this isn't directed at anyone in particular.

:stoopid:  Perfectly put!

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »

Good to know where people stand on being contacted.  Mental notes made to be more careful.  :angel:

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 04:02:02 PM »

After we get all comfortable racing smooth, tight and clean. We'll throw a Get Rick bash together and ruin all that progress in one fell swoop.

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 05:18:43 PM »

Last night was a first for GT5 in quite some time for me. Im sure some of the incidents may have come as a reaction from my driving. Shifting and braking is soooo much different then I am accustomed too.   I also havent raced in a pack like that outside of oval racing in quite some time. I kept down shifting to find out I was just sitting in the red on my tach which I know prolly bottlenecked the whole field. Good times though.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 08:30:31 PM »

After we get all comfortable racing smooth, tight and clean. We'll throw a Get Rick bash together and ruin all that progress in one fell swoop.

Those events typically set racing back quite a bit.   :laugh
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up