SupaTunaGT

• May 07, 2024, 11:48:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Linked Events

• DAYTUNA 500: February 17, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DAYTUNA 500  (Read 9217 times)

waverider*tuna

• Albacore Tuna
Re: DAYTUNA 500
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2013, 11:15:32 AM »

Partner ? I'll take any Chevy driver that's left 8)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »

That was an hour and 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.  Complete fail.  Race three laps at full speed, then run three laps at caution speed.  Over and over and over.  6 cautions by the time the race was 25% over and then we had cautions inside of cautions.  Totally fucking boring.

waverider*tuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2013, 02:27:31 PM »

I watch a lot of commercials during Nascar races, that is how They deal with boring caution periods, most have Hot Chicks, maybe We can find some way to fill in the time too. Wait.. thats what I was doing during the cautions, and drinking some fine brew. Fun race and it's what I expected it would be.
Sorry bout the Lagging issue. My connection must have went bad. I tried to test My connection and The speed test site wouldn't load, then like 1 min later it loaded right up and She was back up to full speed. Go Daytuna Racers Go.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »

A sketchy first part of the race was true but then everyone settled down and got on the same page for procedures and there was two and thre wide racing. With the finish having five guys within about. 4 of a second of the winner. Congrats to Agent good win. Patience was rewarded in this case. The teething issues of trying to implement cautions wont be resolved without trying. Today made great strides towarda getting everyone to understnad whats up. I remember convincing Ucan that we could grid up in prologue it took some work but I knew we were all able to get it. And we did as we will with cautions but not without practice.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2013, 05:34:29 PM »

Congrats Agent.  (Though my screen said Fried won)

Goos Times!

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2013, 07:06:39 PM »

That was the best race I have had in years. :) yes the first 1/3 was with it's problems but later with some green flag pit stops and close action, ( I'm so glad that I was right in the mix, with time out front. started 4th finished 5th) Congrats Agent,great racing with you and all the rest who put in the time.

:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2013, 07:27:50 PM »

Thank you everybody for the Congrats.  A little lady luck on my side at the end ..... 3-4 laps to go and being in 1st really isnt the place to be.  That spot is always a sitting duck for the racers in the draft coming out of turn 4.

Yeah, the first 1/3 of the race was alittle chaotic but none of it detrimentally hurt anyone.  We called cautions and made sure everyone was on the lead lap and bunched together for the restarts. We had some amazing runs and I think I got to run with everyone. Even Charlie ... which I think he had to change his shorts on a pit stop. LOL!  But we were motoring and catching the lead pack when I was bumping him .... sorry if I wasnt gentle with you, but thats how we's be fastest and we certainly were.  Tri, Boots and Grill ... I was fastest with  you and always had my eye out for you to hook up. You guys matched my lines the best.

It was good to get out there and do some close racing again, without the fear of ticking someone off for racing to close and hard.  It felt good and its my style to get into it like that.

Thank you Brindle for everything.  I started prepping last sunday for this and I really enjoyed the week long format culminating into a 3h26m race today. Excellent job and kudos for all the work.

See ya'all next time.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:37:28 PM by AgentWD40_FL »

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »

good race everyone. i enjoy racing with everyone but i hate to say it but bladders are rather strained on 3.5 hours plus of racing the cautions  were getting smoother by the end. we need to run more races like this maybe 50 or 100 lappers would be more humane...but i love the classic rolling tuna restarts ;D

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2013, 03:16:17 AM »

You know what Rick things don't always go smoothly in real life. Think back to all the delays in the 2012 Daytona 500. Your driver, Montoya, hit a jet dryer under yellow causing an hour or more delay. Goofy shit happens both in real and cyber lifves. Bailing is your choice and shitting all over it is your choice too. But in the end I will pay attention to those opinions coming from those who rode it out more so than I will yours.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:22:38 AM by BakedTuna »

Brindle

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2013, 06:46:59 AM »

I have to thank every single driver for the

It could not have turned out better and I believe, even with all the cautions, a 3hr, 26m race was about spot on to a real race.  Things were a little rough in the beginning, but by lap 50-60, things really started falling into place.

One good thing from this is that the next "real race" we do will be the Firecracker 400.  We will definitely not be novices for that one.   ;)

Thanks again everyone!  As I've said many times before...  It takes you guys to make the racing what it is.

Swim Strong my friends.   :)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2013, 09:56:25 AM »

You know what Rick things don't always go smoothly in real life. Think back to all the delays in the 2012 Daytona 500. Your driver, Montoya, hit a jet dryer under yellow causing an hour or more delay. Goofy shit happens both in real and cyber lifves. Bailing is your choice and shitting all over it is your choice too. But in the end I will pay attention to those opinions coming from those who rode it out more so than I will yours.

Well said, Baked.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2013, 09:58:45 AM »

Well said Baked and nice move by the way. I think it was you who slipped through to grab 3st. I thought I had that opening closed up enough but apparently not. Going into turn 3 I went to the high side but didn't have enough momentum to get by and then Baked slipped through.

I thought Agent was a sitting duck as well and to have 5 cars within .4 of the lead was awesome. Congrats on the win Agent, well deserved. I think I was in the lead group all the way and was just drafting in behind to save fuel. I got the hang of the cautions as well and just knew that when one was called to watch out for Dude on cruise control  .

I think it may be an idea to have a 1/2 way bathroom/smoke break to stretch out a little. I think there was only one pit stop for fuel which I would have preferred a few more to see what strategy was going to play out.

What a finish and would definitely go for it again.

Go Denny!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2013, 10:59:01 AM »

Charlie is looking good with Danica on pole.

Danica on pole has an interesting ring to it. LOL

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2013, 11:14:15 AM »

Charlie is looking good with Danica on pole.

Danica on pole has an interesting ring to it. LOL

Ready for bump drafting...
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2013, 03:28:10 AM »

Well said, Baked.

Don't know if thats sarcasm or not but I will take it positively, thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up