SupaTunaGT

• May 08, 2024, 01:16:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Linked Events

• DAYTUNA 500: February 17, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DAYTUNA 500  (Read 9228 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: DAYTUNA 500
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »

You know what Rick things don't always go smoothly in real life. Think back to all the delays in the 2012 Daytona 500. Your driver, Montoya, hit a jet dryer under yellow causing an hour or more delay. Goofy shit happens both in real and cyber lifves. Bailing is your choice and shitting all over it is your choice too. But in the end I will pay attention to those opinions coming from those who rode it out more so than I will yours.

Well said, Baked.

No problem.

Don't know if thats sarcasm or not but I will take it positively, thanks.

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2013, 01:54:16 PM »

id like to run in  a tuna cup series with these cars and rules tracks mixed ovals and road courses like DRC and HSR or maybe grand valley tracks that have smooth lines so 2 wide is possible on most of the track. ???

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2013, 03:06:09 PM »

id like to run in  a tuna cup series with these cars and rules tracks mixed ovals and road courses like DRC and HSR or maybe grand valley tracks that have smooth lines so 2 wide is possible on most of the track. ???

See you tomorrow night. :)
http://www.supatunagt.com/smf/index.php?topic=2296.msg56509#new

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2013, 08:50:59 AM »

Does anyone know the finishing order? It would be nice to know who/what we are up against on Sunday. 

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2013, 11:21:39 PM »

pWgiObGJLxc4a1UvFh_0 by BakedTuna7, on Flickr

And across the line! Lap 200 from the Daytuna 500 what a blast.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:23:40 PM by BakedTuna »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2013, 03:41:46 PM »

Damn Agent with a perfect score of 2 had a great Speedweeks congrats sir.

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »

Thanks!  :)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »

Damn Agent with a perfect score of 2 had a great Speedweeks congrats sir.

this^

also,

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2013, 04:47:23 PM »

I think it's safe to say, that as long as we continue to run the Daytuna 500 we will never have another double winner. Way to go Agent!  :)

Nicely done Baked, Leaf and badboots with your excellent team picks.  :) I should have taken Juan myself Rick. LOL.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:52:36 PM by DudeTuna »

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »

I think it's safe to say, that as long as we continue to run the Daytuna 500 we will never have another double winner. Way to go Agent!  :)

Nicely done Baked, Leaf and badboots with your excellent team picks.  :) I should have taken Juan myself Rick. LOL.

Was just happy John Paul didn't hit a truck this year.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2013, 12:04:34 PM »

lol, I saw this and ASSumed that it was on this past Sunday, and that some of you joined the GT Sats race for a bit of practice... as it turns out some of you may have been looking for a bit of a do-over, but sadly ours was plagued with similar procedural problems etc.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2013, 12:15:49 PM »

lol, I saw this and ASSumed that it was on this past Sunday, and that some of you joined the GT Sats race for a bit of practice... as it turns out some of you may have been looking for a bit of a do-over, but sadly ours was plagued with similar procedural problems etc.

Cautions seem to cause nothing but problems as far as I'm concerned.

Ha you replied while I was modifying my message. LOL
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:33:18 PM by DudeTuna »

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2013, 12:30:45 PM »

Cautions seem to cause nothing but problems as far as I'm concerned.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way.  In racing literally hundreds and hundreds of laps over the past couple weeks at Daytona in too many races to count, I agree that going three-wide into a corner is exhilarating.  However, I don't see that many guys that are capable of doing it consistently.  As a matter of fact, more times than not, I've been involved in wrecks because guys weren't capable of going two-wide into the turns (sometimes, myself included). 

In that first Daytuna 500 thing I was in, there was seemingly no penalty for causing or being involved in a wreck.  As much as people shoot for realism, that's hardly it.  Cautions are made for driver safety, not so guys can wreck and not suffer consequences.  Since virtual races eliminates the need for driver safety, I'd like to see caution laps abolished. 

In the recent enduros I've raced in at DRC, there were no cautions and the racing was fine. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »

We will have to plan for a Let the chips fall where they may 500. Having one standard tire might settle things down a bit too.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2013, 01:05:53 PM »

We will have to plan for a Let the chips fall where they may 500. Having one standard tire might settle things down a bit too.

I've noticed a variety of things over the past weeks.  First, some guys (not necessarily from these waters) simply refuse to use the brake.  Second, some guys (not necessarily from these waters) think you can win the race on the first lap.  Third, some guys (not necessarily from these waters) think they're real life racers and do what the big guys do...bump drafting the whole way around the track.  Sure, it works sometimes.  However, other times, not so much.  Last night there was one race in particular where I was in a Maserati Gran Turismo and Boston was in the Alfa Romeo 8C.  Those cars did not like to run together.  Finally, some guys (not necessarily from these waters, though there are a handful, me included) just aren't capable of running close to other cars. 

I agree that if you wreck and there's no caution the rest of the race is going to suck for you.  Maybe what we can do is have an enduro broken into smaller races.  Five 40 lap races or ten 20 lap races, something like that so if you fuck up, you're not bored for the next two hours.  Take the sum of all the races, best time wins the overall event.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up