• May 04, 2024, 02:27:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: The *Officail* "Hey Kaz, we want this in GT5" Thread  (Read 19747 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: The *Officail* "Hey Kaz, we want this in GT5" Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2011, 10:45:23 AM »

also have a car selector for each seasonal and other events in A-spec to narrow down choices....

It already works that way.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2011, 11:02:47 AM »

also have a car selector for each seasonal and other events in A-spec to narrow down choices....

It's not perfect though, there are at least two requirements I know of (probably more) that aren't filtered correctly when you go to the Garage through the "Restrictions" clipboard, those being "Length" and "Normal Car".

"Length" is most noticeable on the "World Compact Car" seasonal that requires cars of 4200mm or less, the restricted list shows any car that meets the other requirements but also shows cars that are over 4200mm so you can pick a car that it actually too long and subsequently be denied entry.

"Normal Cars" can be seen failing in multiple A-spec seasonals and the Time Trials too, it'll say "Normal Car" in the restrictions then when you move to the garage to see which cars are allowed it can still show up some RM'd, rally cars and other race cars (and concepts, which may be improperly tagged "normal car") so long as they meet the other requirements even though you actually can't use them.

But I don't want to go off into a full blown rant, so I'll stop while I'm behind ;D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 11:06:44 AM »

Kind of, you shouldn't have to "stumble" on it to find out though. For the longest time I would go directly back to my garage and not hit the clipboard or whatever. When you switch between S and P cars doesn't it get reset to the whole garage?
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2011, 11:24:27 AM »

It's not perfect though, there are at least two requirements I know of (probably more) that aren't filtered correctly when you go to the Garage through the "Restrictions" clipboard, those being "Length" and "Normal Car".

"Length" is most noticeable on the "World Compact Car" seasonal that requires cars of 4200mm or less, the restricted list shows any car that meets the other requirements but also shows cars that are over 4200mm so you can pick a car that it actually too long and subsequently be denied entry.

"Normal Cars" can be seen failing in multiple A-spec seasonals and the Time Trials too, it'll say "Normal Car" in the restrictions then when you move to the garage to see which cars are allowed it can still show up some RM'd, rally cars and other race cars (and concepts, which may be improperly tagged "normal car") so long as they meet the other requirements even though you actually can't use them.

But I don't want to go off into a full blown rant, so I'll stop while I'm behind ;D.

Also, depending on what your car is equipped with at the time it may get filtered out. (ie: Racing hard tires for event and you have a car in specs, but is equipped with Racing softs it will not show up) Then use the garage button on the bottom right for unfiltered garage list.

I believe cars in Favorites will always show up. (not 100% sure though)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2011, 11:29:04 AM »

I must say, despite all these things, while playing GT5 yesterday I had to stop and say, this game is really awesome.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2011, 12:25:03 AM »

I think Kaz should negotiate a deal with GT Auto to allow for a "jiffy GT lube" between races. A new ICON for the race, options, tune, replay, exit options at racetime...

Recently I have noticed my car losing hp rather rapidly before an evening of racing as finished - even though I got an oil change before starting the day. 

Leaving a lobby/lounge is a PITA just to change oil an return. 

I am not asking for a full featured GT Auto - though that would be totally awesome - just asking for an option to change oil between races without exiting to GT Life...

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 04:48:09 AM »

I think Kaz should negotiate a deal with GT Auto to allow for a "jiffy GT lube" between races. A new ICON for the race, options, tune, replay, exit options at racetime...

Recently I have noticed my car losing hp rather rapidly before an evening of racing as finished - even though I got an oil change before starting the day. 

Leaving a lobby/lounge is a PITA just to change oil an return. 

I am not asking for a full featured GT Auto - though that would be totally awesome - just asking for an option to change oil between races without exiting to GT Life...

I'm with ya on that Charlie.  The pit crew can bolt in a tranny or turbo but can't manage a gallon of oil and a filter? What's up with that?
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2011, 06:56:28 AM »

I'd like to have more control of the track creator, so I could make this...

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2011, 11:26:21 AM »

I'm wit 'cha on the oil change deal Charlie.  ;D   

Chrome.....I would think that doing that would put GT over the Edge and Beyond the Envelope of intelligence if they did that....I'm all for it too! (three) Wait, I 2rd that Idea! :D  But I don't think that PD will Grasp the importance of that Idea. :-X

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2011, 12:25:26 PM »

My guess is that the next version will have more fully developed new features, such as the track editor.
I just don't see them leaving it this way, and we all know things advance at PD speed, not our speed.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »

Not that I use practice mode all that much, but would it be nice to be able to change cars while still at the track.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »

Zandvoort please.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2011, 04:07:27 PM »

I just reviewed this topic and smiled at its history.

What I was looking for was comments about adding more (optional) split times to the display, especially for on-line. Is this about right?

1) how much difference to the leader: L1 +15.324 (won't display if you are the leader?)
2) how much difference to the car ahead of you: L2 +3.535
3) how much ahead of the car following you: F1 -10.656
4) maybe a second car behind you?: F2 -11.041

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »

I just reviewed this topic and smiled at its history.

What I was looking for was comments about adding more (optional) split times to the display, especially for on-line. Is this about right?

1) how much difference to the leader: L1 +15.324 (won't display if you are the leader?)
2) how much difference to the car ahead of you: L2 +3.535
3) how much ahead of the car following you: F1 -10.656
4) maybe a second car behind you?: F2 -11.041

There is the leaderboard at screen right. Why can't the splits just show up there? I mean, maybe the split between you and car directly ahead/behind showing up on screen (red and blue denote that easily enough, just put them side by side). But if you want the info of every car on track, can't it just flash between driver name and time ahead/behind? Like when you're sitting in the pit of a lounge and it bounces back and forth between car type and driver name, just do that but with time differences. I know the game can calculate them (they're all there in B-Spec).

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2011, 04:36:40 PM »

Zandvoort please.

This looks similar to the circuit that I ran on the F1 simulator.  where is it?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up