SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 02:46:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Godzilla versus America @ Suzuka! 3/22 @ PM EST - UPDATED  (Read 8398 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Godzilla versus America @ Suzuka!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 09:38:14 AM »

If both cars have not achieved brake in that will make a difference.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »

If both cars have not achieved brake in that will make a difference.

Both cars are broken in and ready for action.  Except for the Corvette...it's broken in, but ready for pasture. 

I ran 15 laps in the Corvette last night.  It was starting to get hairy and I'm not sure I had enough fuel for a 16th lap.  The car starts to fall off at a pretty good clip after 8 laps.  What was weird is that I could take Degner almost as fast on shitty, worn tires as I could on fresh tires.  The sweepers didn't prove much of a problem on worn tires, but the sharper turns and braking were a real problem.  Actually, the more I think about it, in the two sweepers that come to mind, I took the turns under no throttle...in other sweepers with WOT, the car pushed and sometimes I had to lift.

Not working today so I'll run a full tank in the Nissan and see what happens.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 11:12:24 AM »

The racing hard tires, they do nothing. Neither one of the cars felt like they were on racing tires to me.

I'm curious if harder tires would help the balance of the cars or make them even worse.?

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 12:11:26 PM »

More notes.

I just ran 14.5 laps in the Nissan before running out of gas.  The Corvette takes 6.33 liters of fuel for each lap, the Nissan takes about 6.9...I haven't put pen to paper so I'm not sure that matters.

After taking out the Nissan for a longer run, I'm still not sure which car to favor.  The Nissan is infinitely faster, almost everywhere on the track, except the longer straights where the Corvette can stretch her legs.  The Nissan also likes to eat through rubber (particularly with my driving style), the fronts especially.  However, you can still run good laps with the fronts wearing.  My lap times started to fall off at the 7rd or 8nd lap in each car, but the Corvette lost more time on each lap after that.

The Nissan is easier to drive 99% of the time, but beware that 1% because it'll fuck you if you so much as look at the grass.  And when the Nissan goes on off-track excursions it's an hour before you get the damned thing back on the track.  I played in the sand twice in the first two laps and then again on lap 12 or 13.  I might have gone off track once in the Corvette.

With the tires starting to show threads, I felt more concerned about a big spin coming out of nowhere in the Corvette than the Nissan.  If you can keep calm, it probably won't be an issue, but I don't always keep calm during a race.  Calmness will also affect the tires.  I took the fronts down really, really far in both cars but I have a feeling during a race I'll burn through them even faster as I tend to drive like my hair is on fire if I'm chasing or being chased. 

Technical track, twitchy cars.   

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 12:14:09 PM »

In seeing that this race is 48 laps, fuel consumption won't be an issue, and really, tires shouldn't be either since you have to fill up with fuel before the tires go bad and we're all going to have to stop 3 times. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 12:22:50 PM »

I remember a blade of grass that threw my Nissan off track a few times.    I had almost forgotten about that.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »

Rick, I appreciate your testing!  It would appear you've been more thorough than I 

I had honestly thought that the GTR would burn up it's front tires much faster (much like the R33/34's) than it does, and that it would start to understeer more.  But it really doesn't!  I guess Kaz really had a hard on for this car when programming the game  :D  It just doesn't seem right to me that the two cars more or less wear through tires at a similar rate, given the 400lb weight difference.

Perhaps the "regular" GTR would be a better match than the SpecV?  I'll do some testing of it this weekend but Rick, if you have time today by all means give it a shot.  It weighs an extra 80kg and should have less horsepower.  And I suppose that match up would make more sense anyway, as the SpecV is JDM only ;)

PSN ID = dawson864

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 02:53:33 PM »

Nissan GT-R '07?

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 03:05:25 PM »

Yup that's the one!

PSN ID = dawson864

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 03:09:22 PM »

I'm having Bob break in my car as I type this.  Will run some laps when he's done.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 03:16:20 PM »

Maybe we will be able to multitask in GT6. Bobs can drive and we can do something too. Maybe the PS4  will allow us to multitask. We can let our bobs drive in GT6 and I can still watch Netflix. That might actually give me a reason to buy a Vita. Just so I can check in on Bob.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 06:12:26 PM »

The regular GT-R tips the scales at 1740 KG and pulls 508 HP on the dyno.  It's got the same shitty sound as the Spec V car, but is a bit slower coming out of the twisties and at the end of the long runs. 

My best lap was between the faster GT-R and the Corvette. 

Spec V--8.4
Reg GT-R--9.2
Corvette--10.0

I got the same gas mileage, running out of gas after about 14.5 laps.  The fronts left me pretty quick but the wear slowed down after they were 25% gone.  Ultimately, I ran out of gas again before losing tires, but that last lap and a half was pretty ugly.  I blew through my turns because the car wouldn't stop and the push into turns was far more pronounced.  Like before, this doesn't matter because we'll be pitting after 12 laps. 

The car handled exactly like the Spec V only with more weight.  I still think the Corvette is a turd compared to both these.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 02:01:33 PM »

dammit.  lol

Might have to go back to the drawing board here...

Or we could limit the GTR to 485 hp, which is what I believe the 2007 GTR was rated for in real life.

PSN ID = dawson864

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 03:07:33 PM »

There's pretty big disparity in PP between the ZR1 and the Spec V, but the times may be similar.  Might try that later.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 03:28:18 PM »

Good deal.  I'm occupied today but should have plenty of time tomorrow to spend on this.

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up