SupaTunaGT

• May 18, 2024, 01:31:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Class Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 4038 times)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Class Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 12:47:59 PM »

How about a "Flea Circus class" for ultra low-powered vehicles...

"Krunk/Chronic Class"- "roll your own" at 420pp...

:hhjj

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 01:13:44 PM »

Hah interesting ideas Charlie, if I remember some previous discussions we had you're thinking of cars like the Subaru 360, Mazda Carol Deluxe and old Fiat 500 type cars right?  That could be interesting!

I never did understand what the 420 refers to but the rest I get :), maybe there's some quirky little rules we could put in too to make it classy.  Like switching between FF and FR every race or run comfort medium tires.. nothing's more classy than having your car go "up in smoke" hehe.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 06:48:37 PM »

i think that comfort tires may work with these cars my suggestion would be to have rolling starts 50-70mph track depending(but i think all races should start with a ROLL-ON). 8)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 09:16:10 PM »

@ Feldynn...  

Supposedly, it was a bunch of 70s era Cali high school students that use to burn one together when school let out...

:joint

Me?  Well, I prefer to think of it as getting a head start on my beer drinkin' counterparts; i.e. a buzz on just before beer thirty...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:17:47 PM by CharlieTuna »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 08:02:03 AM »

i heard that it was a police code for "drug use in progress"... but always thought the school kids idea sounded more probable.

and then you'll hear someone say, "well it's 4:20" somewhere.  Um... no only if it's 20 after dumb@ss!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 09:48:03 AM »

Some thoughts on last night's "Modern Muscle" racing.  It was great racing!  But I'm wondering if perhaps 560PP might be a bit over reaching for the cars / tires, it might have just been the track or the changes with 2.08 that I haven't properly adjusted to yet but I felt perhaps some of the cars were a touch awkward to control so I had a couple of thoughts:

Better tires:  might help, it could be the new tire model but it did seem to me that some cars felt a bit too "slippery" on Racing: Hards at that PP so maybe Mediums or Softs would be better?

Lower PP: I was also thinking perhaps instead of better tires maybe dropping the PP down a little to say 540 or 545 might work better for those cars on Racing: Hard tires?  It would have the side effect of probably excluding the Ford GT and Saleen S7 (Ronin suggested a Super Car class and those would fit perfectly there!) and including the Buick GNX which was a bit too far below the PP to compete (mine topped out at 549PP without wing and just didn't have the power to keep up).

Any thoughts?

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »

the GNX can make over 560pp with a engine rebuild stage 3 mod and all bolt-ons. pretty all the other cars on the list are nearly maxed @ 560pp exception being the C5 & C6 vettes the ford GT's and the vipers and personally i think all 3 of these cars would fall into the super car class(capable of over 600pp). as for the tires i found them comfortable but i think they have lost grip since the update. this has just been my opinion others will proably disagree with some or all i have just stated so  :P

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 12:01:52 PM »

i heard that it was a police code for "drug use in progress"... but always thought the school kids idea sounded more probable.

and then you'll hear someone say, "well it's 4:20" somewhere.  Um... no only if it's 20 after dumb@ss!

it's my watch and I'll set the time however i want too. :P

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »

I'll have to check my GNX again today, pretty sure I looked at it last night and I had already done an engine rebuild (said I could do one but with no power / PP change) so the only way to get that extra 10-15PP was to throw a wing on it which I kinda don't like doing if it's the only way to make the PP up (it does have 28k miles on it though, if that may make a difference?).. I mean if I was adding the wing for handling purposes and dropping the power to a little compensate for the aero PP increase that's different :).

Also you're right about the Vettes and Vipers, that's sort of why I was also thinking of knocking the PP down a bit on the Muscle class.  Would still be leaving the less powerful Vettes and Vipers in there but putting the top spec ones into a proper Supercar class, like the ZR1 Vette and the ACR Viper (along with the Ford GT, Saleen S7 and other marques), where they can really have room to unwind.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »

this is sort of separate from the discussion at hand as far as which classes are which, but the tire question might be more of an issue now that many of us are spending more time away from GT in general, and then coming in for these open racing nights.

perhaps using a little more grip would help folks popping in out of the blue to control the cars a little easier?  Making things too easy isn't the tuna way, so I understand that too.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 01:47:57 PM »

That's actually a really good point Ex and in part why I was thinking of reducing the PP a touch for that class, my thinking was maybe the PP is a bit high given they are already high-torque cars so it could be too much for the tires to handle on those cars but now I'm curious about other compounds.

Earlier this week I was testing some convertibles at 555PP on Sports: Soft tires, particular to this discussion I had out the Shelby Series 1 and the Dodge Viper SRT (the standard one), given the similar PP I actually don't recall having any trouble with them grip wise.  Even though Sports is a lesser compound generally speaking I wonder if the Softs might be better grip wise than the Racing: Hards were last night.

Glad you brought it up Ex thankyou :), I'm going to add that to my list of stuff to test.. 560PP on Sports: Soft and maybe 550PP on Racing: Hards for the Modern Muscle.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »

it's my watch and I'll set the time however i want too. :P

well it was 4:20 3 minutes ago where I live... hope you were celebrating :D

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 02:40:19 PM »

well it was 4:20 3 minutes ago where I live... hope you were celebrating :D

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 09:47:53 AM »

There's a couple of new classes up today:

Luxury Sedans
Basically the idea is those big luxury / executive sedans, all the ones I tested had full weight reduction that brought them down to about 1350kg-1480kg and while they do still feel a bit like boats they are pretty fun.  I think I did list all the luxury sedans but if I missed any please let me know.

I did purposely leave out the '91 Lexus GS 300 because it's a bit of a stretch getting it to the PP and doesn't quite perform well enough at that spec (but should fit in somewhere else), I'm also in two minds about the Lotus Carlton Holden Commodore because they did fit in weight / power wise but they're really more "tuner" than "luxury".

Mid-Range Convertibles
We see them pop up in various other races but never really against each other so I figured why not group as many together as possible for some fun with our tops down!  The basic thinking was mid price or power roadster types (either cloth or folding metal roof), the most obvious and popular ones being the Honda S2000 and Mazda Roadster / MX-5 so I started looking for similar spec cars.  I only tested the new / premium models for Honda and Mazda but I think all the standard ones should work well enough too.

There is one major anomaly in the car list which is the inclusion of the Tesla Roadster, it's really a targa top more than a true convertible like the rest but it does fit in nicely with the power / weight range I was looking at and the poor thing has no power upgrades so it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else so I felt a bit sorry for it and included it :).

Also with that in mind I had thought about including a few of the other Targas like the Lotus Elise and Vauxhall VX220 Turbo, while the VX220 Turbo did seem comparable performance wise in the testing I did (and may make the 460PP list) the Elise was WAY faster so I may try to shoehorn them into the higher class.  Same goes for the RUF 3400S, it's too fast compared to the other 460PP cars but will definitely fit into the higher PP convertible class I have planned. 

Also I know there are a number of tuner models both soft / hard top which I deliberately left off the list since I want to keep to the mainstreak prodcution models as much as possible, if there are any other cars I missed that you guys think would fit please let me know!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 01:02:44 PM »

cool.  sounds promising!  thanks for all the hard work
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up