SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 11:37:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70911 times)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2012, 03:07:03 PM »

it said you had to complete them in order...  i.e. without doing 1 and 2 you can't get to three...

So far a Nissan Leaf and a Nissan Silvia.   How about some cool Nissan cars or concepts?   Maybe a Nissan Esflow Concept or a Nissan Edge Concept.  The Nissan Bevel Concept looks cool - if not squarish and slow...  If we get a Leaf - the Leaf Nismo Race Car Concept is a much cooler genus of the species.

If we want to step back in time...  1987's Nissan Mid-4 concept is pretty rad -- looks like it has some Ferrari DNA in it...  And for that nostalgic feel there is 1989's Nissan Figaro Concept.  Or for something COMPLETELY different, how about the Nissan Land Glider Concept or the Nissan Pivo Concept...

I think we have every Nissan Z and most, if not all, of the Skylines/GTRs already.  How about something new for a change??

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »

i concur sir rated.

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »

I see Hey on the leader boards. WTG Hey!  :)

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2012/event/round1/

Also, also, STVM_InfiniTuna. Very nice sir.  :)

thanks dude, the only one i really cared about was 2-4. that one was a real bitch. i've only been on that track 1 time in the game. it is a track in gt5 isn't it. anyway, my first run was so far off pace i almost cried, and did swear, ALOT!! so i sat there for like 5 hrs. or so getting more frustrated, and swearing louder with much more feeling with every mess up. then all of a sudden i ran a really nice lap, again i wanted to cry, and i did swear, but they was joyous. shortly after i ran the time thats posted, again shortly after that i ran one a tenth quicker, but the FUCKING game locked up before it was recognized. at least it can be improved upon again.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »

Oh jeez I'm a :dunce

So yeah, bronze times need to get tougher or there will be shitloads of people in the last few rounds.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2012, 06:17:23 PM »

Are there new ones?  It told me I had to wait until 5/13 for the next level to open...

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »

Just levels 1 and 2 are open now Charlie.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2012, 08:10:10 PM »

The more I watch the replays the more pissed off I get.  What a joke.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2012, 09:10:46 PM »

The more I watch the replays the more pissed off I get.  What a joke.

:stoopid:

Do I stoop to that level to get those times or do I race proper and never make it through? (not like I have a prayer but it would be nice to know I did it right)   When did grass become more adhesive than asphalt?

Congrats to Hey for being on the top of everyone of my leader board tests.  I'm gunning for your spot on the high speed bank turn test though.  That's going to be the only one though.  Yoo's to damn fast!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:13:34 PM by Boston77Bruins »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »

The more I watch the replays the more pissed off I get.  What a joke.

:stoopid:

Do I stoop to that level to get those times or do I race proper and never make it through? (not like I have a prayer but it would be nice to know I did it right)   When did grass become more adhesive than asphalt?

Congrats to Hey for being on the top of everyone of my leader board tests.  I'm gunning for your spot on the high speed bank turn test though.  That's going to be the only one though.  Yoo's to damn fast!!!

You'll have to beat me first on that one.  I'm ranked 239th in the entire world at going around a high speed bank turn.  Damn I'm awesome.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2012, 10:44:15 PM »

I asked about the off-track excursions, speed boosts and car contact issues and was told that they are "watching things" in this non-contest part. I don't know exactly what that means for them, but they were not aware of some issues, so if you have evidence, especially of speed boosts, please post them for me.

I asked if this means we had a free hand to do whatever we want and was told "not really", whatever that means.

I think what it all means is don't get your panties in a bunch, at least until the more serious part, or after they see just how abusive of the demo people can be and what PD needs to do to fix things.

I had to wait for my bandwidth month to end, last night, so that I could download the demo (it should be done soon). Now I should be able to confirm for myself some issues that you find.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2012, 06:32:00 AM »

I haven't even had a chance to check this out yet.  :( At least  I think I have it downloaded.  :-\
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2012, 06:37:25 AM »

I don't understand why they can't just put a row of cones about a half a car width off the road/curbing.  Seems like that would solve most problems.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2012, 06:39:10 AM »

I don't understand why they can't just put a row of cones concrete blocks about a half a car width off the road/curbing.  Seems like that would solve most problems.

Fix'd

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2012, 07:42:32 AM »

I like the cones on 2-4, the problem is some of them are in the wrong place and make you take a funny line.  ???

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2012, 07:57:23 AM »

what are these speed boosts?

as far as running these tests,  run how you want. at least the tires have to be on the track now. remember as long as you get the message saying you move to the next round your fine. after sacrificing 1 night of sleep while i'm sick, only to experience a work day full of nausea, cold sweats and a constant feeling of need to pass out, i've decided to run them till i get gold, till best time actually counts.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 58   Go Up