• May 03, 2024, 12:00:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: GT Academy  (Read 70911 times)

slowmantuna

• Albacore Tuna
Re: GT Academy
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2012, 08:07:27 AM »

The more I watch the replays the more pissed off I get.  What a joke.

yo rick, don't pull a hey. last year i got all up in arms about it and opted out. as a result i missed a very good chance in getting to meet spec, gar, jpe, el z, zo6, and my new friend choate. this year i'll give a good honest try, but 5 of those 6 guys can't compete this time. so i'll prolly never meet them. i know it sucks that PD can't set a boundry worth a damn, but don't let it deter you from these kind of opportunities.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2012, 08:07:58 AM »

what are these speed boosts?

as far as running these tests,  run how you want. at least the tires have to be on the track now. remember as long as you get the message saying you move to the next round your fine. after sacrificing 1 night of sleep while i'm sick, only to experience a work day full of nausea, cold sweats and a constant feeling of need to pass out, i've decided to run them till i get gold, till best time actually counts.

Without the sickness, lack of sleep or the queasies I came to same solution get the gold for now as that is all that matters. But then pride intejected and I wanted respectable times amongst my fellow fish. But i spent about 10-15 mins on each one.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:09:36 AM by BakedTuna »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2012, 08:16:37 AM »

been away from the ps3 since this was released.  I'll be trying to hang with this school of fish as long as I can, though I don't have asperations of making it very far in this...

if the water's nice, count me in for now.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2012, 09:12:05 AM »

The more I watch the replays the more pissed off I get.  What a joke.

yo rick, don't pull a hey. last year i got all up in arms about it and opted out. as a result i missed a very good chance in getting to meet spec, gar, jpe, el z, zo6, and my new friend choate. this year i'll give a good honest try, but 5 of those 6 guys can't compete this time. so i'll prolly never meet them. i know it sucks that PD can't set a boundry worth a damn, but don't let it deter you from these kind of opportunities.

I've met two of the guys you mention, and let me tell you, you're not missing a thing.   :laugh  Actually, if you spent more time on Racebook, you'd feel like you'd already met them. 

By the way, I love slowman's confidence (Slowman is not cocky, just confident).  I was talking with another guy about it just the other day...I wish I had half as much on the track as he does. 

I'm not going to pull a Hey.  I'm not hellbent on winning; in addition to simply not being fast enough I don't have aspirations of a racing career.  However, I would like to get my mojo back and seeing my name among the top five or ten of my friends is my target.  I've sucked since 5 was released and I'm eager to show up in a lobby and have guys think "shit, here comes a fast guy."  Probably won't happen, but that's what I'm shooting for.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »

I'm using the academy as a way to relearn how to drive. I've lost considerable pace and consistency over the last while. I'm hoping that focussing on a few corners at a time will let me figure out where I'm losing my time. It was kind of cool being in the top 100 of 2-1 even if it was only for a few hours.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »

I'm using the academy as a way to relearn how to drive. I've lost considerable pace and consistency over the last while. I'm hoping that focussing on a few corners at a time will let me figure out where I'm losing my time. It was kind of cool being in the top 100 of 2-1 even if it was only for a few hours.

:stoopid:

And this is why I appreciate license tests. It never ceases to amaze me how much time can be gained or lost in just a corner or two.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2012, 01:03:07 PM »

I was pleased with some of round 2. Much more interesting than round 1. I am trying to get in the top 10 of the my friends rankings.

I'm with you on the cones idea. Seems like a great way to enforce limits. I know the boundaries at the Ring are flawed  ::) I think they are at Route X also.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2012, 01:59:07 PM »

thing is, programmers need to be the cheaters/cutters in order to clean things up for the rest of us before the events are released.  they need to get in and beta-test each and every thing they do, but they must be too honorable to cheat and hope that the dishonor is passed to some dumb american down the road.

I know there are some cultural things going on with PD/Sony that are inherently Japanese, and this seems to be one of them.

PD needs to hire some of these cheaters to be beta testers and then DQ them as participants based on their status as testers

BRILLIANT!!!!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2012, 02:29:35 PM »

I was pleased with some of round 2. Much more interesting than round 1. I am trying to get in the top 10 of the my friends rankings.

:stoopid:

About the only stage in round 1 that is somewhat interesting to me is the one at Eiger.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2012, 02:38:51 PM »

I'm amazed that Takeuchi is going to probably break 26 seconds at the Silvia Tokyo stage.  That's :fucking ridiculous.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »

Yep. Eiger was definitely the only good part of round 1, though it's still a turd of a car.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »

It probably has to do with how PD set up the differential when cars get tires onto something slippery, such as grass. At least that is how it is being described to me.

If PD uses a stiff diff, so to speak, then when the tires on the grass start spinning faster, so do the tires on tarmac. This has been an old complaint, and one that I think I had passed on to PD, however it seems they have ignored it until now. I sent in another report of it, yesterday, and so did someone in Europe, so maybe they will pay attention, this time.

When I mentioned that four-wheels off track aren't always penalised, there was a bit of surprise (which makes me think that they are trying harder), but I gave them an example of at least one location that it can happen

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »

It probably has to do with how PD set up the differential when cars get tires onto something slippery, such as grass. At least that is how it is being described to me.

If PD uses a stiff diff, so to speak, then when the tires on the grass start spinning faster, so do the tires on tarmac. This has been an old complaint, and one that I think I had passed on to PD, however it seems they have ignored it until now. I sent in another report of it, yesterday, and so did someone in Europe, so maybe they will pay attention, this time.

When I mentioned that four-wheels off track aren't always penalised, there was a bit of surprise (which makes me think that they are trying harder), but I gave them an example of at least one location that it can happen

Thank you MGT.  I appreciate that someone is letting the right people know whats going on.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2012, 10:40:58 PM »

Are these guys fucking idiots or what?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2012, 11:58:07 PM »

Thanks MGT.    :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 58   Go Up