• May 02, 2024, 02:37:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top Gear Hangover  (Read 685 times)

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
Top Gear Hangover
« on: January 30, 2012, 04:30:39 PM »

Hey guys,

For whatever reason I've been having issues with my main account today so I hopped over onto my Alt ID to goof around a bit... Anyways, I took a break to watch the new episode of Top Gear and I've gotta say that it was a good one. It was a road trip across Italy in 3 Supercars - Lamborghini Aventador, Mclaren MP4-12C and the Noble M600... Any of those cars is an amazing piece of hardware in it's own right... In one segment they go up against the Stig's "Italian Cousin" in a hot lap shootout with him driving a Ferrari 458 Italia at Imola circuit with the presenters given most of a day to learn the track with their laps to be done the following day. It was really awesome to watch.

So I got to thinking.... Since I'm on my Alt account I don't have much for cars on here I'll just grab the three that are available and run them for fun in pure stock form and see if they perform similar to the ones on the show... That's right, TOTALLY STOCK - Sports hard tires, traction control at 5, the works.... It's actually alot of fun, believe it or not, and they're closer than you might expect despite their PP ratings.

Anyways.........

I've raided GtAllstar's lounge and I'm set up in there if anyone wants to join me, it won't show anyone in the room until you click to join but I'm in there... Here's the rundown -

Cars - Ferrari Italia 458, Lambroghini Aventador, Mclaren MP4-12C

Tuning - NONE, not even turning off the traction control, an oil change, non factory wheels or paint! LOL

Track - Grand Valley Speedway & parts unknown... (Grand Valley seems to produce simlar times to the ones they were logging on the show)

Hope some of you spot this post and decide to jump in, this is definitely a challenge but pick your favorite and MAKE it represent the way it should...           8)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Top Gear Hangover
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:53:16 PM »

Need to run an errand for the :nagnag lovely wife but I will look for you when I return...

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
Re: Top Gear Hangover
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »

Damn, wife passed out before 8 last night and I thought of hopping on but stayed in bed and passed out myself.  Wish I had seen this earlier.
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!
Pages: [1]   Go Up