• May 07, 2024, 08:13:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 05/30/11 Monday Tuna Touring Challenge - HSR Reverse (276hp/1300kg/450PP)  (Read 7463 times)

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna
  • Steering: DFGT Voice: Turtlebeach Wireless

I know RM'd cars are not allowed but what if we don't do the RM and just do the regular upgrades to an RMable car?

Sure, go for it. All non-RM mods are allowed. Throw that racing suspension on there. Do as many engine mods as you like. Drop dual turbos and a supercharger and some nitros. It's all good. But at the end of the day, it's gotta meet the 276hp / 1300kg / 450pp restrictions. The weight is a minimum. The hp and PP are maximums.

:)

Oh, and have fun.  :D

MS

okay she's freaking hot!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

I know RM'd cars are not allowed but what if we don't do the RM and just do the regular upgrades to an RMable car?

Sure, go for it. All non-RM mods are allowed. Throw that racing suspension on there. Do as many engine mods as you like. Drop dual turbos and a supercharger and some nitros. It's all good. But at the end of the day, it's gotta meet the 276hp / 1300kg / 450pp restrictions. The weight is a minimum. The hp and PP are maximums.

:)

Oh, and have fun.  :D

MS

As an example I've got a Nissan Silva Spec R (the one you can RM, but without that mod) set up for this event that can run in high 1'11.xxx on a good lap, of course me getting many good laps is another story but it definitely works well :D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

Just to clarify since I spent all fucking night in bimmer haven  8), the M3 GTR is a V8.  Now I got 4 cars chosen, one's not a bimmer.  What's a fast time?  From what I've read, the average is 1' 11."  Any 1' 09"s/1' 10"s out there?

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

did we decide what to do with the BMW Tii prize car? Is it in or out.

I have to break 1:12 I just have to, I'm tired of turning mid 1:12's and 1:13's... >:(
i need something with more grunt coming out of the corners, a little discipline wouldn't hurt either..... slow in fast out.... c'mon say it again.

I think we tested it and didn't see a major speed advantage. I'll try again tonight. But I think technically it's a concept car, right?

It IS a concept car.  Totally up to you.  It was made in rememberence of the 2002tii, both cars being on BMWs smallest chasis during their times. "tii" used to designate a BMW with fuel injection back when most cars were carbuerated.  On the 1-series concept, it is only used as an iconic badge.  History lesson over.   ^-^

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

Just to clarify since I spent all fucking night in bimmer haven  8), the M3 GTR is a V8.  Now I got 4 cars chosen, one's not a bimmer.  What's a fast time?  From what I've read, the average is 1' 11."  Any 1' 09"s/1' 10"s out there?

I've managed to just break the 1'10.xxx barrier with a few of the cars I've tested on a "perfect lap" and I found one Hyundai (I forget the exact model but it's a newer one) that pulled a high 1'09.xxx on a really good lap but it was eating tires like a Hungry Hippo so it didn't stay that fast for any length of time.  I think the cars I've narrowed my sights on are all running low 1'11.xxx times fairly consistently, but that's on a clean track though.. no telling how much worse I'll be when there's a crowd of cars jostling for position :D.

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

If anyone else is enjoying a 4-day weekend, Ill be in my lounge tuning (Currently 830 edt).  Send a message before friend request so I can make space.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

I have to break 1:12 I just have to, I'm tired of turning mid 1:12's and 1:13's... >:(
i need something with more grunt coming out of the corners, a little discipline wouldn't hurt either..... slow in fast out.... c'mon say it again.

I think we tested it and didn't see a major speed advantage. I'll try again tonight. But I think technically it's a concept car, right?

It IS a concept car.  Totally up to you.  It was made in rememberence of the 2002tii, both cars being on BMWs smallest chasis during their times. "tii" used to designate a BMW with fuel injection back when most cars were carbuerated.  On the 1-series concept, it is only used as an iconic badge.  History lesson over.   ^-^

I thought about it some more and if we allow this concept car, we should allow all of them. I vote no. It just opens a can of worms.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna

:D

[attachment deleted during "purge" by admin]

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

Quick, take the next left...

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Revengel

• Southern Bluefin Tuna
  • Desire equals Power.

"MY" RUF is infamous.

Puff Daddy got a Ruf?

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna
  • Steering: DFGT Voice: Turtlebeach Wireless

I thought the same thing. You know me I play inside the rules.... most of the time anyway.  8)

I thought about it some more and if we allow this concept car, we should allow all of them. I vote no. It just opens a can of worms.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna

"MY" RUF is infamous.
Puff Daddy got a Ruf?

Diddy now??  You don't say...    :copz:

:tr
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:41:57 PM by CharlieTuna »

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna

Amateur Tuning Tip/Story

I dropped into Rated-M3's lounge and he was driving (drum roll......) an M3 '04, set up to Monday's specs. He commented that it was uncontrollable in turn one (HSR-Reverse). So I get in mine, and there it is. The back end is all over the place, just like a MR car. Apparently when BMW says 'perfect balance', they're not talking about banked corners. I tried to fix this problem with MR cars in another lounge and failed. This time, I followed the pointers posted from Gar in some other thread. One idea was 'To fix mid corner oversteer, lower rear spring rate' So I did. Result: It was bad. Even worse than stock. So I went the other way. Stock was 9.1, I raised it to 12.2 - a big adjustment, but this is how I operate. It worked! I was quite surprised. It still owned the esses too. With 250hp (to get down to 450PP), it's not the fastest on the straight. Still, Rated and I ended up taking 1.5 seconds off of the lap times, making it competitive with my other cars (except the RX8 ;D)

Dude Summary: Raising the rear spring rate on BMW M3 '04 made the car stable in a fast banked corner. This Might work for MR cars....needs testing!)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up