SupaTunaGT

• May 05, 2024, 12:59:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148362 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2013, 11:52:18 AM »

Jordan just post this gameplay video.

Gran Turismo 6 Gameplay Video: KTM X-Bow R at Silverstone International Circuit

I had to laugh when I seen SFR in the options menu, and it's on.

ASSIST:

Skid Recovery Force  (Chrome is correct this was on and it still looked a bit slick on sport hard tires)

To have SRF on it didn't seem as bad as the GT5 version, but the one obvious sign I thought that it was on was just after Jordan spun out at that corner.  It looked like he was trying to spin the wheels and flick the car around but it seemed to me that SRF prevented the manoeuver and so the only option was to just make a wide / slow turn to get back around.

Also I'm now starting to wonder about the standard cars, I had really hoped the general number of cars would have been reduced with a much higher proportion being premium cars and all the unnecessary alternate models removed.  There's just no need for a Premium R33 Skyline and 15 Standard variations, the same goes for Mazdas, Hondas and so on.  

Sure it's only one car right now but what's the point of including a premium '68 Alpine 1600S when we already have the '73 as a standard car, I had originally thought they'd just upgraded it to a premium car but they're billing it as a "new to GT" car.  Then there's the Lambo Countach LP400, it seems to have been upgraded to premium so can we assume the standard version will be removed?  

What about the rest of the standard cars in the game, are they going to be the same standard car 3D models from GT5 or since they've changed the game engine does this mean we're going to get better quality standard cars that are remodeled for the new engine and not just low quality imports from the previous game?

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2013, 12:20:59 PM »

I hate to be a cynic, but I suspect much of what you're asking for will be in the PS4 version of the game. If I'm in their shoes and I'm scanning a bunch of cars, I do it for the next gen graphics engine. That way, when you roll out GT7 on the PS4, there is new and exciting eye candy for everyone to "ohh" and "ahh" about. Just my suspicion.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2013, 12:24:13 PM »

Yep! just a polished GT5 as far as I can tell so far.  :-\ Not impressed one bit.  Like has already been said. I will purchase only because its GT. And that will be the PS4 version. Wow! look! Leaves. That's new. And the screen comparisons are different sky conditions. More clouds on the 5 shots with less clouds and brighter screen with the GT6 ones. Just haven't seen anything to make me go this is going to be great! :-\ I must be missing something.

Yeah, same here. But I'll definitely buy just to have more control of the online races. And I think it will be cool to have a STGT club/team/whatever. We could challenge the four letter kids across the street to a rumble.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2013, 12:29:14 PM »

I like a lot of what I've read, though I've certainly not read everything you guys have. Of course I'd like more tracks. Hopefully the new track creator is better than Five's. I also question the cars. 1200 sounds like the ~1050 we have now plus some additional premiums...do we still get the ~800 standards?  Basically, what Feldynn said.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2013, 01:03:11 PM »

I'm curious about the car count.  Right now, GT5 has 1,141 cars, which includes all DLC, Academy cars, etc.  So does this mean we're only getting ~60 new ones?

Or are they going by what GT5 started out with (which was 1,088), which means there's ~110 new cars?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »

That's sort of what got me thinking MX5, if the engine is going to have the "flexible expandability" I'm hoping it is then it might even be like a "prologue" version of the PS4 engine so things they do with it on a relatively simple level for the PS3 can be converted easily to the PS4 and jacked up to 11.

I don't mean so much that they might have gone out and scanned all 800+ standard cars to premium, rather that for the new engine they might have produced a better quality of "standard car" because they had to make new 3D meshes with better quality textures instread of simply importing the crappy ones from GT4.  Then come time for the PS4 version those better quality standard cars would be much more easily jacked up to 11 with new PS4 technology for carpet pile, carbonfiber weave, metallic flake paint and even shaped better by plugging in manufacturer specs / dimensions for size and shape.

If I were to make a real world analogy it might be like trim levels of cars:

Old Standard Cars = base model
New Standard Cars = sport package
Premium Cars = special edition / in-house tuned version

But I could just be talking the world's most impressive bullshit and we'll probably end up with the same crappy standard cars we've already got :D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2013, 01:42:32 PM »

Seems that Bathurst is confirmed for GT6...
http://uk.playstation.com/gt6news/

"The UK's Silverstone Circuit and legendary Australian circuit Mount Panorama, Bathurst are among the seven new locations from a total of 33 available to speed through, with 71 different layouts and more to be added via PlayStation Store at a later date."
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2013, 01:49:13 PM »

I've heard some rumblings about Hockenheim & Brands Hatch as well.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2013, 02:03:39 PM »

I'll take all the real world tracks they can put in.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2013, 02:16:59 PM »

Had a feeling MT. Panorama would be a new track, as it was scanned a couple of years ago.  I finally have something to be excited about.  I freaking love that track!

But, am I alone in thinking that I excepted more than 7 new tracks?  What of older tracks we had in previous games that are still missing (Seattle anyone)?

From the screen shots I see they kept the same flat featured people in the stands.  I'm with REK on this one.  Not blown away, YET.

With the demo being released in July and E3 around the corner, we'll have a better idea of how this game has progressed and what it's features are.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2013, 02:56:17 PM »

Sounds like the new physics will be used for this years GT Academy as well.  Looking forward to that! :)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2013, 03:00:23 PM »

Any chance they'll let us transfer our GT5 cars over?    ;)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2013, 03:10:46 PM »

For anyone complaining already heres a question are you wanting them to start over with a clean sheet of paper each time? Think of the time and money issues this mode of action would take. For me i have said for a long time that I am ok with 5 but the details need refined. There are issues with 5 dont get me wrong but focus on getting the details right. Years of sticking with the same approach but constantly improving the details with each version works. Dont believe me look at the Porsche 911 they continued refining a concept for a sports car that most in the begining thought was ridiculous and potentially dangerous. Greatness is in the details.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »

Any chance they'll let us transfer our GT5 cars over?    ;)

So long as they have something like the seasonal races (large pay out small amount of time) we have now I'd be happy to purchase again. With new physics they will need a new tune anyway.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2013, 03:21:57 PM »

Its been one day barley 24 hours the complaining seems pretty heavy for having just been announced there are approximately 222 days til xmas. The release will be, guessing here, 210 days dont know if I can take it or if we will have to declare another war on negativity.

Edit: don't wnt anyone taking my words the wrong way. Everyone here is free and encouraged to speak your mind. But I will likely take an opposing point of view or will start avoiding the negativity altogether.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:12:10 PM by BakedTuna »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 159   Go Up