• May 04, 2024, 06:57:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A suggestion from Spec via Rick.  (Read 8487 times)

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
Re: A suggestion from Spec via Rick.
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »

I didn't get in on the Time Trials when they were run in GT5P, but I would interested in getting in on the action. I like the idea of the bench racing too. It would be a useful guide as to what cars match up and what don't.

Also, my lawn is all rock.  8)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2011, 04:38:10 PM »

I have rock lawn envy.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »

My lawn is half dead.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

UCanTuna

• Mr. Man
  • The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Say whaaaaat?
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2011, 06:31:47 AM »

I'm thinking bench thread now, time trials in the future. Run anything you own on one of the dozen or so tracks listed in the OP.

Post hp/wt/PP/tires along with your car and lap time. Other drivers can match those specs and see how their times compare. Maybe include a comment to describe anything special you did to improve the car. (Stage 3 engine mod. Supercharger added. Whatever.)

I'm trying to determine if there is a consistent formula we can use to determine lap time improvement based on tire choice. ie. If I run a 2 minute lap on S2's what kind of time can I expect on R2's? So far the formula has eluded me.

I suspect if we find a particular car/track combo that becomes popular a time trial will ensue. :)
Did you just say "Djibouti"?

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2011, 06:43:04 AM »

Will this stuff expire? I probably wouldn't get much time in, at least for now.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2011, 07:14:57 AM »

I'm trying to determine if there is a consistent formula we can use to determine lap time improvement based on tire choice. ie. If I run a 2 minute lap on S2's what kind of time can I expect on R2's? So far the formula has eluded me.

I don't know about a formula, but I ran my high horse Audi wagon at HSR some last night, just trying to workout the push it has. Started out on S3's and got it doing pretty good, noted my best time was 1'07.456. Then put on R3's and ran a few more laps. Got that down to 1'03.659 fairly quick. These were run in offline practice, so traction is a little better than online.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2011, 07:42:16 AM »

Offline practice  :nnaughty

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2011, 09:10:11 AM »

I'm thinking bench thread now, time trials in the future. Run anything you own on one of the dozen or so tracks listed in the OP.

Post hp/wt/PP/tires along with your car and lap time. Other drivers can match those specs and see how their times compare. Maybe include a comment to describe anything special you did to improve the car. (Stage 3 engine mod. Supercharger added. Whatever.)

I suspect if we find a particular car/track combo that becomes popular a time trial will ensue. :)

Cool, I agree with this.  I hope you understand that this list could get huge, without restrictions of any kind.
The one good thing in GT5P was that you had a track and a setup... in other words a set PP... set tires etc...
That made clack's job a bit easier.  Still he had some pretty long lists... this could get giahumungously huge...
depends on how many run them and how many different cars, PP and tracks we all use...
Still I like it...  ;)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »

Offline practice 

Haha, I was just messing around last night, not an official run.  :)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2011, 09:16:56 AM »

Unfortunately, I agree with Infiniti.  (God, that hurt).

Clacks isn't doing a bench thread any time soon due to the sheer size with every single adjustment that can be made.  I'm currently pushing for everyone to buy a new car for the time trial he's doing, but I don't see it happening.  Buy a new car, get in.  Head to My Lounge, don't stop at the oil change place and don't collect $200 for passing 'go.'  Run laps til they're clean and not getting any lower, submit time.

The last thing we need is 16 different entries for a 2004 Corvette Z06 run at HSR.  

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »

Now now Rick... the pain subsides after a few hours... You'll be fine.

Here's how a few hot laps at the dreaded HSR .. in an FTO Super Touring car went...
Remember... This is just one entry after 4 laps.  I chose this car because I have never used it here...

R3's - 485hp - 600pp - 980kg - Stage 3 Turbo - Full Aero 60/35  Lap time 1:03.518

One entry one car one track at one HP/PP/tires/weight/aero
Probably leave out the weight, but it can be changed, so I included it here for demonstration purposes..
Now multiply this by how many??

... forgot the time
Plus... This was done on-line in my lounge...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:42:47 AM by InfiniTuna »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2011, 09:45:18 AM »

I actually think the offline practice would be more consistent across the board. Everyone's online lounge delivers varying times.

Is is possible to use recommended cars in the offline practice? (I don't remember ucan)

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2011, 10:01:19 AM »

I actually think the offline practice would be more consistent across the board. Everyone's online lounge delivers varying times.

Is is possible to use recommended cars in the offline practice? (I don't remember ucan)

See, I thought it was suppose to be practice for on-line too... Really getting to learn a car/track combo.
Offline should be more consistent, but it plays different than on-line...

at ourselves... something that should be easy is complicated because PD didn't give us a proper way to do these.  GT5P had it pretty much right... GT5 ... not so much.   :(

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2011, 10:05:08 AM »

Is it possible the fast lounges have had ASM turned on or some other nanny turned on whereas maybe another lounge didn't?

@Infiniti--You just listed two mods and it took a whole line.  You're right..."now multiply this by how many?"  Mods are great for racing, but I don't think they should factor into a bench thread.  I think the cars should all be stock.

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »

Is it possible the fast lounges have had ASM turned on or some other nanny turned on whereas maybe another lounge didn't?

@Infiniti--You just listed two mods and it took a whole line.  You're right..."now multiply this by how many?"  Mods are great for racing, but I don't think they should factor into a bench thread.  I think the cars should all be stock.

I was showing Ucan how it might look under what he said...
I agree with you... Hmmm... not too painful, I'm sure a couple of Advil will take care of it.  ;)
No bolt ons runs as is, how about tires... was always left to driver where possible in GT5P...
Made for some outrageous tire combo's.  A lot of us ran things like R2's/S1 at Daytuna, while I preferred R1's/S2's
Problem being, I won't buy a car for this or at least not many and some, especially the earlier cars have the non-removables
already built in.   

That's why I was hoping for a set PP/tire/track ... run then for week or two...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up