SupaTunaGT

• May 12, 2024, 01:48:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Linked Events

• Oval Series Round 1: November 07, 2012
  • Group C Round 2: December 05, 2012
  • Group C round 3: January 09, 2013
  • Group C Oval Round 4: February 06, 2013
  • Group C Oval Final: February 13, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Oval Series: Round 4 Date: 2-6  (Read 10195 times)

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
Re: Oval Series: Round 3 Date: 1-9
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2013, 02:59:24 PM »

I'm hoping to be home and trying to make it tonight.  If I do, awesome, look out, if not, don't wait for me.  I'm just happy to be back in the online world of GT!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »

The problem with continuing to update the OP .... is that a person cant find specifics from the last 2 races.

Heres my dilemma I'm trying to figure out.  I havent touched my Jag since the last race and its at 764hp. The updated OP for this race shows the Jag at 744hp. Its broke in with over 900miles on it ... so it didnt creep.

Was there a change I dont recall?? This car barely keeps up to begin with.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2013, 08:44:50 AM »

I am really bummed out. I get to race with my family's blessing and support once a month and what happens? I try to log on at 8:30 to get ready to race and lo and behold no internet. I try again and again with the same result. I then try to log on here to see if the race is going to be delayed and can't get on here either. I then try to get on here with my cell phone and no go there either.

I call our provider and find out that our entire area is down. We had quite the wind storm last night but if they can't handle a little (a lot really) wind what is the use. I should move this over to the bitch thread but I`m really here to apologize for not being there last night.

It`s not very often that I`m leading a series (never actually) and of all nights to lose the internet they choose last night. The people at Rogers were probably spending too much time answering questions as to why they fired Brian Burke yesterday as GM of the Leafs. Don`t get me started there  .

Anyway I`m sorry that I missed the race and I hope everyone had a good time.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2013, 08:57:55 AM »

I am really bummed out. I get to race with my family's blessing and support once a month and what happens? I try to log on at 8:30 to get ready to race and lo and behold no internet. I try again and again with the same result. I then try to log on here to see if the race is going to be delayed and can't get on here either. I then try to get on here with my cell phone and no go there either.

I call our provider and find out that our entire area is down. We had quite the wind storm last night but if they can't handle a little (a lot really) wind what is the use. I should move this over to the bitch thread but I`m really here to apologize for not being there last night.

It`s not very often that I`m leading a series (never actually) and of all nights to lose the internet they choose last night. The people at Rogers were probably spending too much time answering questions as to why they fired Brian Burke yesterday as GM of the Leafs. Don`t get me started there  .

Anyway I`m sorry that I missed the race and I hope everyone had a good time.

I hear Burkie got fired because he wouldn't trade for Luongo.  Hopefully this means you'll be taking him off our hands soon.  He is a good goalie and will take you to the playoffs but he has a tendency to self-destruct at the most inopportune moments.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2013, 09:37:09 AM »

I don`t mind taking him but not at the cost of Jake Gardner.

I would just as soon leave Luongo there for the situation to fester a bit more and then get him cheaper.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2013, 11:17:51 AM »

What happened last night  ???

The suspense is killing me.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2013, 11:31:09 AM »

Grill and I fought it out for dlrws6's draft. I edged it across the finish line first by a hair. Wolfpack's pit crew was too busy sniffing gas to put it in his car and he ran out of gas again. AgentWD40 taught us how to draft gooder :)

Very Good Times.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2013, 11:32:18 AM »

Also, there was talk of uncorking these things and running them at X again.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2013, 12:40:50 PM »

Also, there was talk of uncorking these things and running them at X again.

What Dude said, the entire race went a lot better than I expected. We were not really all bunched up in a traffic jam like at Daytona. We were in a pack but the track was wide enough for four wide racing and with the cars tuned the way they were, we could fall back from each other a little bit and get a huge draft and pass with ease.  With weak draft I think the highest speed noted was 278mph which was accomplished by sort of leap frogging from draft to draft of 4 cars.

We did a two lap race with the limiters off to see what would happen.  With all of us in the 900 to 1000hp range it was a little more tense than the full race but still not as bad as what usually happens at Daytona. The finishing result of the test race was Gilled in 1st followed by me .001 seconds behind and Agent .002 seconds behind Grilled.

I may post up something for next Wednesday. Using these cars and Route X without the limiters and running either 2 or 3 laps per race.  It could be something along the lines of the "Sorta Retro Race" I did a few weeks ago. Perhaps this could be like the old "Like the Wind" race from prior GT games. I may even permit the other LMP cars but I'll have to test a few first or even make it run what ya brung minus the Redbull X cars.  8)

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2013, 03:12:17 PM »

The finishing result of the test race was Gilled in 1st followed by me .001 seconds behind and Agent .002 seconds behind Grilled.

My test race results screen showed me in 1st, followed by drls .001, and Grilled at .002  

Our attempt at the first test was really foobared ... remember the phantom car that we ran into?  Maybe the irregularities continued to the 2nd.  Whatever, it was fun at full horsepower and not ill handling in the slightest.

By the way, congrats Dude for winning the event race.  You've broke our tie with a great win ... I'll be interested in seeing the standings soon.  And I had the high speed for the race @ 278 .... thats when we really got our leap frogging down to a science and we were cookin' the track.

Good times for being on the Route X track for the first time with other drivers.  It almost felt like PD had given us a new track.  Fun being on different pavement for a change.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2013, 07:48:43 AM »

I'd like to take credit for forcing you guys to perfect your leapfrogging draft technique in order to catch up to me after the pit stop.  It was a shame I miscalculated my fuel load by around 5 liters (and then crashed into a wall while texting on my phone  ) but at the least I made things interesting for the last 3 laps.

I'm definitely in favor of running the Group C's uncorked at Route X again.  Pretty nuts running flat out bumping into the fuel cut off at 298 mph  8)

PSN ID = dawson864

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2013, 03:01:18 PM »

i like circle tracks ill be there if i am available.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Oval Series: Round 4 Date: 2-6
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2013, 02:57:18 PM »

The front post has been updated with points and Round 4 info.  After the simplicity of the last race and how well Tuna Cup Indy qualifying worked, I'm done with draftless qualifying and trying to make heavy damage and cautions work. So to keep in simple I'm switching to light damage, no cautions and going back to a traditional qualifying session. Draft all you want during qualifying just no bump drafting. 

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2013, 08:33:36 PM »

... and reminder next week Round 4 Indy  2-6  :)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #194 on: February 06, 2013, 12:17:04 PM »

One more reminder. Tonight is the night. The last points paying round of the oval series.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up