SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 11:05:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/22/12 ToC - RM 515 @ Indy Road  (Read 1199 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
3/22/12 ToC - RM 515 @ Indy Road
« on: March 20, 2012, 10:08:56 AM »

================
Class in Session
================

=======
Track
=======

When: Thursday, March 22st
Official Running Time: 4-11:00pm EDT
Lounge:  HostTuna
Lounge PP Limit:  515
Car Setup: Open
Tires:  Racing Hard
Grid:  Reverse grid based on previous results
Start Times:  Auto clock set to 6 mins
Lap Count: 7

Wrinkles:  None! Race clean, race hard, have fun!

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
Re: 3/22/12 ToC - RM 515 @ Indy Road
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 07:29:36 AM »

Fun racing at Indy last night. I only tried the 3 mid engine cars...predictable. I found the '96 Elise quite slow, but Fried had it set up for light speed. I had similar times in the 111R and NSX. I had good races with everyone out there.

So I must ask...a light car is an advantage, but at a PP level, you sacrifice power. What amount of weight represents a significant advantage (when matching PP)? What power sacrifice represents a significant disadvantage? These may be wasteful questions to bother answering, as the answer may be 'it depends on other factors', but they are interesting questions to consider when setting up a car.

Observed at Indy: straight line, a '96 Elise at 845kg has better straight line than a 111R at 750kg, even when the 111R has the draft, but the 111R has better braking and cornering at those numbers.

blah blah blah

Brindle

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:14:46 PM »

Fun racing at Indy last night. I only tried the 3 mid engine cars...predictable. I found the '96 Elise quite slow, but Fried had it set up for light speed. I had similar times in the 111R and NSX. I had good races with everyone out there.

So I must ask...a light car is an advantage, but at a PP level, you sacrifice power. What amount of weight represents a significant advantage (when matching PP)? What power sacrifice represents a significant disadvantage? These may be wasteful questions to bother answering, as the answer may be 'it depends on other factors', but they are interesting questions to consider when setting up a car.

Observed at Indy: straight line, a '96 Elise at 845kg has better straight line than a 111R at 750kg, even when the 111R has the draft, but the 111R has better braking and cornering at those numbers.

blah blah blah

It did, but I think it was more the 96 vs, 111r.  For me (only 2 races) both 111r (first race) and 96 (second race) were at full weight (+200kg).  I was easily 2 seconds faster in the 111r over the 96. (1'35's vs. 1'37's) In my eyes, a light car at a given PP will obviously have less hp, but should of course handle much better than a heavy car.  Judging by the group of cars available last night, or any other race, it was a no brainer to add weight in the car to gain some ponies.  Track selection is also a huge factor, with IRC having a need for some ponies.

P.S.  That was a hell of a race Turbo!  I knew my only shot was too be near you on the last turn exiting the final straight.  I had plenty of get up and go.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up