• May 18, 2024, 01:07:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Class Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 4035 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Class Discussion and Suggestions
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:59:48 AM »

Over the coming weeks I plan to do some minor housekeeping with the existing Classes, just the odd vehicle here and there that might not make the PP or would do better in another class so nothing too terribly major.  I also plan on introducing some new an exciting (or not depending on your point of view ) classes, though the following ideas are all subject to testing, car performance / competitiveness and overall funness!  

New Classes this Fall!

So please bear in mind these ideas are still in their formative stages, I haven't done any proper testing yet so I'm mostly working from past experience with vehicles and such, but here's some of what I've got so far.

Luxury Sedans
Overall credit for this should go to JayZ, it was something a few of us were messing around with in his lounge one weekend a whlie ago but sadly nothing every came of it back then but maybe we can make it work here.  Basically it's big, heavy luxury sedans like the BMW M5, Lexus GS300, Jaguar S-Type R, Mercedes C63 AMG and similar, I'm expecting to see good results around the 550-580PP range.  Complete car list / spec TBA.

Convertibles
I'm thinking of making this a 3 class set..

1rd - for the older "Classic Convertibles" (Lotus Elan, Alfa Spider Duetto, Datsun Fairlady 2000 and such) though this really depends on how the cars perform and it'll be in the 350-390PP range.  

2nth
- "Mid-price / Modern Convertibles" featuring the Mazda MX-5 Roadster Miatas, Honda S2000s and other mid-price type convertibles.  Probably going to be in the 450-490PP range.

3st - "Top Shelf Topless" featuring high end, expensive and FAST convertibles like the Ferrari California, Mercedes SL 55 AMG and a few more.  I'm expecting these to do well in the 540+ PP range.

Tunafied Touring Cars
This is going to be a bit different than the regular ToC classes insofar as I'm working on a spec based on horsepower and weight rather than PP.  The class will be made up of a selection of existing race cars and some RMs (possibly one of two of the dlc TCs also) that may tend to get overlooked, cars like the Lexus IS-300 Touring Car, BMW 320i Touring Car, Mazda 6 / Atenza Touring car, VW Golf RM and others.  I haven't yet done any testing for this so it's all based on theory right now and very much a Work In Progress though I'm looking at something around 290hp / 1150kg for now.  There may also be some unique restrictions like leaving the ballast at the default central position if it doesn't unbalance the lighter cars too much.

Also there is a small chance this might spawn an offshoot "Privateer Touring Car" class using a similar hp / weight spec but using non-race cars with those obnoxious bolt-on wings from GT Auto, but that's a bit further down the road if at all.

Caterham Challenge
Again with the hp / weight spec but this one is very much subject to me testing the car for viability and enjoyment, what I'm thinking is maybe two classes, one at 200hp / 500kg and the other at 320hp / 500kg.  Yes this will involve adding about 150kg ballast to the car but probably keeping it at the central point or something other fixed point so the hp and weight numbers may well change or the class may not make it all, we'll just have to see how it pans out :).

I'm sure there are more I have in mind but can't find my notes for, or thought up and forgot just as fast or something else, but there are a few of the ideas I'm having right now.  If you see me online in my lounge feel free to drop in and see what's up, also if anyone has any more ideas or suggestions for current or brand new classes by all means post something here or send me a PM.

Let the discussions begin!!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Class Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »

:stoopid:

Nice work Feldynn!

I just wish I had the time to try these things out. :lookdown
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 11:34:34 AM »

I really like the ideas you have Feldynn.

The Caterham challenge looks awfully enticing.

GTP_Rylvir

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Longtail Tuna
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 01:29:57 PM »

I really like the ideas you have Feldynn.

The Caterham challenge looks awfully enticing.

8)

Great ideas - Very interested in a Caterham Challenge let me know if you are doing any testing

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 02:12:04 PM »

one question.

how much is tuition?

:laugh

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 03:39:27 PM »

8)

Great ideas - Very interested in a Caterham Challenge let me know if you are doing any testing

I'm currently gathering info for all the impending classes to prep as many cars as possible before hitting the test tracks, so it'll probably be couple of days before I get my garage organised enough to make testing stuff relatively painless in terms of finding cars (time to clean out my Favourites list!).

But if I see you on and I'm going to do some testing I can shoot you a PM and we can run the Caterhams around some, or if I'm in my lounge just feel free to drop in because the great thing about testing is we can switch cars / classes on a whim :).

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 10:16:55 PM »

One small hiccup has already arisen in my master plan regarding the Caterhams, while wandering through my garage and noting down cars / possible spec numbers and stuff I figured I'd check on the Caterham's stats.  Sadly it tops out around 250hp or so (I have a 0 miles one with all the power modes that is 248), I could have sworn it was more apparently not so I'm thinking of adjust the specs to be maybe 170hp and 240hp for the two classes (still at the same weight) which is basically stock + exhaust for 170hp and all the bolt-ons (supercharger, not turbo) for 240hp.

Hoping they will still be fun to drive and race even at those reduced specs though!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 07:28:32 AM »

were you going to run those two classes of caterhams together or separate?  personally I think it would be weird to have the same car in two forms racing together, but that's just me.  I've been in races where the same car qualifies for two  classes, and you don't know which spec'd car is coming up behind you...  was weird.

i more like multi-class races where there is a very obvious difference in car type.

I'm sure you can find a good balanced out spec for the caters, as they are fun and just look awesome going around the tr ack... AND we have that nifty dashboard view now!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 08:08:07 AM »

Oh yeah I'm planning for them be two completely separate and independant classes, so one week we might run Caterham Challenge 170 and a few weeks later we'd run the 240 class :)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 10:18:19 PM »

Looks like "Classic Convertibles" is a bust, I'd done some offline testing last night during maintenance that I got finished up today and I found that once I'd sorted the wheat from the chaff I had more chaff than wheat (and the chaff wasn't really competitive with itself either LOL) which was a shame but the car list was a bit too short to begin with and I had a feeling it might happen knowing how some of those possible cars run.

Not to worry though, the faster ones may still show up in some sort "60s / 70s non-American Muscle" type class though, there are some good classic cars out there I'd love to get running on track together if I can :).

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 08:27:46 AM »

I know you just mentioned NON-american muscle... but

FWIW, remember when Dan_Zitions was helping with that FOGY AMerican Muscle series?  I think that's were I met you actually, before either of us was "tunafied" (let Disturbed song "stupify" come into your head for a moment)

Lately we've run some American muscle in Oz's Sunday room with the following spec, and it has been very interesting and allows MANY cars to run together.

Any 69 to 72 (I'd have to check the years) car (including Interceptor)
1450kg
500hp
no surperchargers
no vettes and nothing with "shelby" in the name.

it makes the camaro not the obvious choice, but still works well.  It makes the mercury cougar a viable option, and pretty much allows any of the bunch to possibly win.  A few "sleepers" too.

Worth looking into IMO

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 08:59:05 AM »

Looks good Ex. Honestly, you could probably get away with having a higher weight for this bunch of pigs...keep true to what they became...though there are a few that might need some added.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »

That's an interesting thought Ex, thankyou!  And a great example of what I was hoping for from this thread :).

I know we do have a generic "Vintange Muscle" class right now but I'm certainly open to the idea of adjusting it or making a new slightly more "spec" class, anything that can encourage closer racing and a better balanced field of cars is definitely a good thing in my book!

I do remember the FOGY series and I really enjoyed the testing for it with Dan and all you guys that I met along the way there, it's a shame it never took off (at least I assume it didn't) as it was a pretty balanced spec too.  I also like the sounds of the spec Oz has been running, again if it can balance out the cars somewhat I'm interested :).

I'm definitely going to put this on my "Things to test" list for sure!  And though I do understand why the Vettes / Shelbys were excluded from something like FOGY (and probably for similar reasons from Oz's races) I hope I can find a weight / power type balance that might allow them to participate.  At least the Vettes and maybe the AC Cars version of the Cobra since it's a heavier car (I always thought the Shelby felt a bit like a hot rod / tuner version in this game compared to the AC) so long as they don't stomp the rest of the field :).

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »

cool feld,

if you want more perspective I suggest asking Dan himself about why it's set at the limits we are using (actually using again this sunday).

the shelby and vette are exlucded because they ahve a significant aero advantage, I hear.  I don't think anyone found a way to handicap them without making special rules for them, which of course are impossible to enforce with race lounge settings.

also if you want to attract more people to these races who are not already tunafied, this could certainly accomplish some of that.  I know we always welcome newcomers, and this could possibly be a spec that if nothing else, would bring people out whenever you do run it.

EDIT: also also, you're riht the fogy never got past the planning stages.  It would have turned into a league but the fact that the principle owner of the idea did not want to put forth any effort into actually making it happen, killed it.  That's why we just run it at Oz's occasionally.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:40:19 PM by Ex-Xboxfan »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up