SupaTunaGT

• May 18, 2024, 12:53:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Linked Events

• ToC: GT500 @ Suzi / Fuji: October 25, 2012
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/25/12 ToC: Super GT (GT500) @ Suzuka / Fuji  (Read 834 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
10/25/12 ToC: Super GT (GT500) @ Suzuka / Fuji
« on: October 22, 2012, 12:17:43 PM »

================
Class in Session
================

=======
Track: Suzuka / Fuji F
=======

When: Thursday, October 25nth
Official Running Time: 4-11:00pm EDT
Lounge:  HostTuna
Lounge PP Limit:  600
Car Setup: Open
Tires:  Racing Medium
Grid:  Reverse grid based on previous results
Start Times:  Auto clock set to 6 mins
Lap Count: 6ish

Wrinkles:  None! Race clean, race hard, have fun!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: 10/25/12 ToC: Super GT (GT500) @ Suzuka / Fuji
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 12:17:49 PM »

had a greaet time last night!  Grilled and I ended up haveing two or three really nice close finishes at Fuji, but I think he nabbed all of them   >:(

cip, sorry for taking you out in that first race at Suzuka.  I want to be sure you all know I wasn't trying to do a divebomb pass, but trying to avoid you after not braking soon enough.  I know the rule is to go to the outside, but that surely would have hit you in this circumstance.  By goin inside, I very nearly missed you but did create some contact that you were not able to recover from.  I then tried to see if I could push your nose back around but you had already pulled off.

turbo, I'm not sure if you were upset with my driving??  I know that for all of you I seem like someone who is very jittery on the brake coming up to a turn when someone is behind me, but I don't mean to be.  For one, I just get nervous when someone, especially someone faster, is right behind me.  I have a hard time making sure I stick to my braking points etc. and then it causes you to have to change yours.  Second, I have been intentionally trying to brake earlier most of the time anyways, as I'm noticing that even some of the great racers I race alongside actually brake too late for optimum speed out of a corner.  I did an enduro a-spec event on Nurb this week where i learned a lot.  So while it seemed like I was getting on your bumper going into corners, it was more a case of me braking soon and then accelerating through the middle and exit of the corner and getting onto your bumper after the fact. Couldn't tell if you were upset by your comment, but wanted to clarify I wasn't trying to be more aggressive and less considerate than you were being.  Thank you for doing a great job of not bumping me ;)  I know it's hard sometimes.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: 10/25/12 ToC: Super GT (GT500) @ Suzuka / Fuji
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 01:28:19 PM »

No man it's good. You were driving your line, and I was driving mine. It was hard and a bit frustrating during the race though, partly because when that happens it feels like you're being slowed down. Then I get by you with a slightly cheeky pass, and you stay on my bumper through the section where I was gaining the most before passing. - the first sector - It was a weird race and I was tired. I felt like I was fighting the whole time's going faster than those ahead of me, and unable to pass at all. Yes there were times I could have pulled side by side, but it just didn't seem like the best idea.

I don't think anyone did anything wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up