SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 02:06:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The Future Of Gran Turismo  (Read 16983 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Future Of Gran Turismo
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2012, 12:43:37 PM »

Oh, and I just had another idea. One of my biggest gripes is the hoops we have to jump through to get a decent online racing experience. The biggest problem is that it only takes one person to ruin a race. And we all know that the internet is full of idiots who like to be that one guy.

To combat this, we've formed several online communities to allow series sim racing fans to organize and race in hidden, private lounges (like HostTuna and TuTuTuna). Basically, we've found a workaround for the biggest flaw in the game ... online play.

We shouldn't have to jump through these hoops to setup a room that is open to the public but we are able to control. I've mentioned the "Only Friends" option for the public lounges. Another way to combat the problems online would be ... Racer Ratings. What if we could view people we've raced with recently and give them a rating for a: Driving Clean b: Being Courteous c: Skill. Then, what if you could also set room requirements for these attributes to filter out the reckless, f-bomb dropping pole huggers? That'd be a nice feature. Just an idea.

PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »

Oh, and I just had another idea. One of my biggest gripes is the hoops we have to jump through to get a decent online racing experience. The biggest problem is that it only takes one person to ruin a race. And we all know that the internet is full of idiots who like to be that one guy.

To combat this, we've formed several online communities to allow series sim racing fans to organize and race in hidden, private lounges (like HostTuna and TuTuTuna). Basically, we've found a workaround for the biggest flaw in the game ... online play.

We shouldn't have to jump through these hoops to setup a room that is open to the public but we are able to control. I've mentioned the "Only Friends" option for the public lounges. Another way to combat the problems online would be ... Racer Ratings. What if we could view people we've raced with recently and give them a rating for a: Driving Clean b: Being Courteous c: Skill. Then, what if you could also set room requirements for these attributes to filter out the reckless, f-bomb dropping pole huggers? That'd be a nice feature. Just an idea.

Try the orange dots with friends. Use the mute button on jibber jabberers. Even just a couple of friends joining an open online room together can make for some great clean racing.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2012, 01:09:31 PM »

PD has given us the tools to make us better racers. The goal is to be more competitive online. With rabbit AI racers we are forced to run better and better lap times while still making passes.

I disagree.  Passing AI cars is like passing lapped traffic in a real race.  Unfortunately, I'm not passing lapped traffic too often online.  Rabbit races are a way that PD can make challenging events with subpar AI.  Fun at times but when it's your sole way of racing offline, it gets boring quickly.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »

PD has given us the tools to make us better racers. The goal is to be more competitive online. With rabbit AI racers we are forced to run better and better lap times while still making passes.

I disagree.  Passing AI cars is like passing lapped traffic in a real race.  Unfortunately, I'm not passing lapped traffic too often online.  Rabbit races are a way that PD can make challenging events with subpar AI.  Fun at times but when it's your sole way of racing offline, it gets boring quickly.

It seems to me the AI are on the racing line and going at a pace that is decent for the cars they are in. Most of time the AI are in stock cars with stock tires, while we usually have the advantage of tuning and tire upgrades.

I'm just not sure better AI is such a simple fix. Then we still have a world of GT players, whose lap times can be 10 or more seconds different to each other.  
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:48:23 PM by DudeTuna »

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2012, 02:15:28 PM »

Try the orange dots with friends. Use the mute button on jibber jabberers. Even just a couple of friends joining an open online room together can make for some great clean racing.

Good point. I guess you could boil all of this down to an even more simple request: keep pace with the PC sims. See what they are doing to attract racers and keep them. People pay to play those games. Why? What is it about them that is better than what we have here? If you can nail that down, you can make a great game, imho.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2012, 01:40:45 AM »

I would like to finish this poll set off by New Year's, if possible.

#4 and #8 were updated, and the maximum number of lines are now filled.

What does GT5 need to maintain your interest throughout 2013?

1: more tracks (real-world, fantasy or from previous releases)
2: more variation & excitement in Seasonals (including surprise 15-minute-warning time trials, pro-driver challenges)
3: a more stable on-line environment
4: a more versatile custom track editor, including allowing new point-to-point layouts
5: new cars targeting important missing cars (quality over quantity)
6: full access to our garages, settings, GT Auto, and upgrades while on-line
7: a more complete set of on-line host controls and options
8: better AI & real races against the AI, not always just "chasing the rabbit"
9: discard the maximum trading limitation (it has served its purpose)
10: improve rally playability by making dust/snow clouds more transparent

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2012, 06:18:59 AM »

Looks like a winner MGT.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2012, 06:29:53 AM »

:stoopid:

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2012, 09:37:10 AM »

this^

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »

OK.

I will check the wording of a couple of the ideas to improve the intent of what is suggested, then create the poll.

Happy New Year!  :-*

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »

May be a little late but streamlining buying everything. Let me check off what to buy then give me a bill at the end.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »

May be a little late but streamlining buying everything. Let me check off what to buy then give me a bill at the end.

Ah yes, refilling a garage could take days. Literally.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2012, 12:05:54 PM »

The poll has been created. Find it in the right-side column, plus there is a discussion thread.

Thank you for your ideas and thoughts. Now, let's see what everyone thinks is important to them.

Oh, it seems that they have made it possible to use more than 10 lines, now, too. Having more would distribute votes over more items, however, so I thought it was best to limit it to what you already had. Still no multiple selections, though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:09:55 PM by MasterGT »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »

I was just over there and voted all over your poll, MastrGT, thanks for taking the time to put that all together :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2012, 12:23:18 PM »

10-4, will vote as soon as I find my IDs and passwords.  ^-^
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up