SupaTunaGT

• May 09, 2024, 02:19:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: The *Officail* "Hey Kaz, we want this in GT5" Thread  (Read 19773 times)

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
Re: The *Officail* "Hey Kaz, we want this in GT5" Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2012, 06:38:18 PM »

Farging Bastages!!!

Isn't that LIBERACE?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2012, 11:11:50 PM »

Farging Bastages!!!

Isn't that LIBERACE?

Don't be an icehole thats farging Roman farging Maroni.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2012, 07:42:10 AM »

Oh.... ::) :-[ :laugh :D

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2012, 08:51:11 PM »

Dear Kaz,

please, please, please could you add "successful loading" into your game?  I'd gladly be willing to give up full console lockups if you want to replace those with successful loading.

It'd be great to actually load into an online lounge on every try and not keep having to quit to the XMB and reload the game

It'd be great for the game to actually finish loading out of a Seasonal or offline A-Spec race, change screens in an online lounge (say from Garage to main menu to Tuning) without the game periodically freezing, not loading or generally locking up the entire console requiring a hard reset.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2012, 09:58:29 PM »

Dear Kaz,

please, please, please could you add "successful loading" into your game?  I'd gladly be willing to give up full console lockups if you want to replace those with successful loading.

It'd be great to actually load into an online lounge on every try and not keep having to quit to the XMB and reload the game

It'd be great for the game to actually finish loading out of a Seasonal or offline A-Spec race, change screens in an online lounge (say from Garage to main menu to Tuning) without the game periodically freezing, not loading or generally locking up the entire console requiring a hard reset.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2012, 08:43:22 AM »

Dear Kaz,

:stoopid:   &  :stoopid:

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2012, 09:15:28 AM »

Feldynn.....I think they LIKE you....REALLY LIKE YOU! 

I'm witcha bud.....exhalted!

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »

Kaz,
If you can't give us a "Jiffy Lube" in lounges/lobbies...  Can you at least give us better grade oil in the existing one? 

I hear that MOBIL 1 Synthetic is guaranteed to last 15,000 miles between oil changes.  The crap you currently use won't even last 150 miles... 

Are you really sure it is oil?  Did you smell it?  Did you taste it?  I think that molasses, Hershey's chocolate syrup, and even my dogs' shit (after eating something it shouldn't) are all roughly the same color - if not consistency...

Sincerely,
A concerned GT5 evnet hoster

Dog Shit

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »

Dear Kaz,

please, please, please could you give us a way to minimise or disable the Auto-slave function?!  I mean it really does seem to save the game an an excessive and unnecessary rate a lot of the time, as a working example of what I mean let's take a look at the "Items" inventory that we have where we can store parts for cars (either extra purchased ones or gifts from friends). 

I'd love to actually use those parts but to be honest I just can't be bothered because of the excessive autoslaving every time I install just one part on a car, it's really not necessary to save when I install Racing: Medium tires then save AGAIN wen I install Racing: Hard tires and so on.  It would be much easier if at the very least the autoslave could be minimised to when you exit the Items screen, so we can install all the parts we want then do one save afterwards instead of up to 10 saves or more after each individual item.

Here's some ideas I have for how to improve Auto-slave to streamline the player experience:

Set it on a timer, if the game isn't saved manually for say 15 minutes then pop up a message at the next available moment (say returning to GT Life view or something) prompting us to save the game.

Reduce the number of times Auto-slave kicks off, perhaps via the medium of a checklist we can cherry pick from in the Options menu.  So if I just want to have my game save every time I get in a new car and no other times I can just check that, or perhaps just prompt to do a save before joining an online lobby.

I seem to remember other previous incarnations of GT giving us the ability to better manage when our game would be saved, rather than forcing us into autoslavery as GT5 seems to.  I mean we even have a "Save" button next to the all the GT Life buttons, seems kind of redundant given how much the game tries to save itself :).

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2012, 09:45:46 AM »

How about being able to buy multiple cars at one time instead of having to see them "drive into the garage" with each purchase.

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2012, 10:19:23 AM »

How about being able to buy multiple cars at one time instead of having to see them "drive into the garage" with each purchase.

:stoopid:

This has pissed me off from the start.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »

Here's a novel idea Kaz and crew.  How about you quit rendering another FUCKING Skyline and give a proper online environment.

Kaz and Co, fix the Goddamn servers and the online stability.  Ever other company seems to have figured this out.  Why is it so FUCKING hard for these fuckers?

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2012, 06:01:50 PM »

Here's a novel idea Kaz and crew.  How about you quit rendering another FUCKING Skyline and give a proper online environment.

Kaz and Co, fix the Goddamn servers and the online stability.  Ever other company seems to have figured this out.  Why is it so FUCKING hard for these fuckers?
Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2012, 11:59:06 PM »

The GT5 Generic Race Car Modifier

A separate programme that works off the GT5 savegame / game installation files, converts cars owned into generic race cars by:

• Reducing weight and increasing power beyond the standard weight reduction and engine stages (perhaps by a percentage amount of the car's nominal weight / power after stages are applied).

• Also gives the car default front / rear downforce perhaps with the option of using some generic visual spoilers or any existing spoilers the car may come with.

• It could also have other minor visual changes such as increasing tire width where appropriate (example: muscle cars would have wider rear tires, just as the '69 Camaro RM does) and fitting generic racing wheels.

• Car is also converted to a default colour / race livery, something simple like a matte white with default number decals that can then be modified.

The next stage is then for the user to modify the paint and livery of the car, perhaps starting with the base colour for the car with options for decals (basic manufacturer, shape, text / number and such) that can be placed, moved, resized, recoloured, etc as necessary within certain limits.  Paint / decal schemes could be saved within the Generic Race Car Modifier programme to be reused on different cars or shared / gifted to friends to use on their cars.

PD could give us the option to make as simple or complicated designs as they see fit by limiting what and how many decals we can apply, they could also give us some generic designs to use (or even limit us to only using certain generic presets).  They obviously have some way of creating / editing liveries at least for premium cars as we see with the few premium RMs we have as well as the Academy cars (albeit just a windshield strip and square decal on the door), Stealth models, Touring Car DLC and such so there must be some way they could put together something for us to use?

From a business perspective there is also the potential for profit!  How many of us would be willing to pay for some kind of livery editor?  I know I would even if it was just to make our own race cars schemes rather than a generic editor to make tuner style liveries (and especially if there was a way to use it on standard cars).  Also it opens up another avenue for DLC sales , PD could offer us special "real world" livery packages for certain race teams / drivers both current and historic as well as their own original / themed ones (possibly meaning sponsorship / advertising income for PD?).

There is potential there, a lot of it, if they're willing to take the chance.  And a similar model could be used for creating a track creator, separate programme with proper track creation and editing tools and scenery placement with potential for DLC track / scenery builder packs.

It's a sure-fire way for PD to make money :D.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2012, 06:17:46 AM »

How many of us would be willing to pay for some kind of livery editor? 

I would!

A livery editor is my 2st most wanted thing in this game.  New tracks being the 1nd.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Up