• May 09, 2024, 03:59:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: The *Officail* "Hey Kaz, we want this in GT5" Thread  (Read 19777 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: The *Officail* "Hey Kaz, we want this in GT5" Thread
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2012, 08:35:50 AM »

Give us the Twin Ring Motegi track as DLC as soon as possible. That track is sweet.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2012, 06:11:24 PM »

I know I've posted an idea like this before but I think this is a more refined and polished version that hopefully makes more sense, so I figure I'd post it again here first before I make myself look like a massive idiot when I post it over at the Deathstar 2.0 :).

GT Amateur Touring Car Race Modification Creator

Basically the idea is, rather than PD creating many RMs in-house, they give us a tool to create and customise our own basic RMs for GT5 cars without needing any new 3D modeling, i.e. using existing visual bodykit parts with a custom skin and some unseen mechanical modifications.  It could work on an Import / Export basis for creating the new RMs that are then "installed" into the game itself like DLC content.

How It Works

• Choose a car (only normal production cars should be eligible, no concepts or race cars).

• Apply basic Race Modification

This could include:
        a complete chassis and engine restore to original 0 mile specs
        a 4th stage of weight reduction beyond the 3 normally available
        basic adjustable Front and Rear downforce (e.g. 0-10 front, 5-20 rear)
        fully adjustable transmission and drivetrain parts
        height-adjuistable suspension and other semi-racing parts
        basic gloss white paint respray

• Select visual accessories 

For Standard cars you have the usual 3 spoilers and wheels currently available, Premium cars have whatever wheels / bodykit accessories would normally be available including carbon / coloured hoods.

NOTE: You will still have the basic Front / Rear downforce upgrade even if you choose no extra aero parts.

• Create custom livery

There will be some required decals such as:
        Gran Turismo windshield decal (front / rear)
        3 PD number decals (one on each side and one on the hood or roof)*
        Gran Turismo Logo side skirt stripe

*NOTE: Standard cars must use "exact number" decals, Premium cars have the dynamic decal so the number can be changed in game.

So the basic livery should be something like the Stealth model cars or current RMs, other decals to use could be as simple or complex as PD will allow (from simple racing stripes to complex patterns) and colours for the base car and decals should be adjustable at this stage too using simple paint tools and generic colours with Matte / Gloss / Metallic type finishes.

Once complete the livery and Race Mod can be saved individually and shared with friends for download and use with this programme, the livery can be reused on other cars (though decals may need rearranging to fit different size / shaped cars).  To use the complete RM / livery in the actual game it must be exported and then installed in GT5 as other DLC is.  RMs could either be exported as individual items or multiples as a single pack.

Once installed in the game the player would then apply the RM to the appropriate car at a price as they do with the existing 17 RMs we have.  Standard cars would likely be unpaintable as with most existing Standard race cars but Premium cars could allow a repaint if we have dynamic decals that change with the colour (light stripes on dark car and vice versa).

Future Developement and Profit

Perhaps something like this should have been included in the game from the beginning, but if it means we can get something like this added then I'd be willing to pay a nominal fee to help cover production costs.

This also opens up an avenue for special DLC packs to be released down the line containing new decal designs, licensed manufacturer / product decals or even official race / team liveries too, maybe even new bodykit parts and wheels specifically for these custom RMs, new paint and colour options too.  If done properly it could even be a bridge product for GT6, so liveries created in this programme for GT5 could be imported for use in GT6 assuming it comes with some sort of livery editor.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »

Exactly what I want to see feldynn

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2012, 07:56:35 PM »

I'd like a race setting that would allow me to limit the amount of fuel each driver has available to them and limit the number of tires available to them.  For example if I wanted for a 500 mile race I could limit each driver to only 3 sets of tires and 200 liters of fuel.  This would encourage tire conservation and fuel conservation strategies.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:56 PM »

I would just like a multiple filter option right now when selecting cars.  :-\
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2012, 08:27:53 PM »

I'd like a race setting that would allow me to limit the amount of fuel each driver has available to them and limit the number of tires available to them.  For example if I wanted for a 500 mile race I could limit each driver to only 3 sets of tires and 200 liters of fuel.  This would encourage tire conservation and fuel conservation strategies.

Can you conserve fuel in this game? I know you can conserve tires... but fuel... i've never tried.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »

Can you conserve fuel in this game? I know you can conserve tires... but fuel... i've never tried.

Oh yeah...  Good example.  Race cars at Le Sarthe 2005 with chicane.  If you push it you will use about a liter or more than if you drive smoothly.

TEST:  Put on Racing Softs and set up a 15 lap race...  Drive Hard, pit when needed, remember fuel amount - Drive smooth, pit when needed, remember fuel amount.  They will differ.  15 laps (probably much less but I use this in case some aliens wish to try) will ensure two pits, especially if you drive hard until you have to pit the first time.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2012, 04:28:45 AM »

I won the first Undy 500 due to fuel mileage. I did enough drafting to need one less stop :-)

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #173 on: July 03, 2012, 10:29:33 AM »

I want lots more DLC so i can spend the 130 bucks or so that i have in my account! So Kaz bring on the DLC!!!!!

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2012, 11:45:44 AM »

I won the first Undy 500 due to fuel mileage. I did enough drafting to need one less stop :-)

That's funny I finished second in the first Undy 500 because some one made one less pit stop than I.    I also potentially lost the first Daytona 500 because my draft partner ran out of gas coming out of turn 4 on the last lap. The best I could do was finish 3rd and watch 1st and 2th drive by me like I was sitting still.

I never considered that fuel conservation we show up in GT5 and then it bit me in the butt twice.   :lolz

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #175 on: July 03, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »

I want lots more DLC so i can spend the 130 bucks or so that i have in my account! So Kaz bring on the DLC!!!!!

'Soon'

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-turismo-5-dlc-confirmed-by-kazunori-yamauchi/

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #176 on: July 03, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »

So this is the other idea I've been bouncing around for a while now, trying to come up with a fairly simple way to make tracks that gives us more control and options than we currently have but can be as simple as connecting straight bits to corner bits.

GT Slot Car / Scalextric Style Track Designer

The idea is to have a fairly simple programme separate from GT5 that can be used to better create our own custom race tracks, circuits and "point to point" road courses using a basic piece by piece track building tool similar to how we used to build the old slot car tracks.

How It Works

1:   Select scenery and track type

Much like those in the current Course Generator, you can choose a basic style like Toscana, Eifel or Mt Aso that sets the type of road surface, guard rails / fences / walls, generaly scenery and such.  You can also choose the type of track you want, either a circuit style or point to point road course.

2:   Create your track

Obviously there will be some required sections depending on the type of course you're making, if it's a regular circuit type then you will have to include the start / finish with pits section, for point to point road courses you'll need a start line and a finish line.

Much like with slot car tracks you have a "track parts" list, corners of differing set angles, required pieces like the start / finish lines (with or without pits depending on course type), special sections like bridges / elevated turns / crossovers and such, straight pieces and so on with a "custom" option in each subsection to set your own angles, lengths, etc where appropriate.  

As you place each track piece you can further adjust things like elevation (incline / decline), camber / banking, width and so on.  Sections can be individually adjusted after the course is created too so if you wanted to get the layout first then add in elevation and adjust corner banking afterwards you can.

3:   Test your track

Once you've created your track you can test it, first a quick debug test will make sure you have all the required sections and that everything connects properly and assuming it passes successfully you'll be able to drive some test laps in a car.

Since this is an external programme I wouldn't expect more than a couple of test cars, perhaps if it were sponsored by Nissan then we could get a handful of Premium Nissans to choose from.

If you're happy you can save / export the track to install into GT5 (perhaps like other DLC or through an integrated course management tool), share it with friends that also have the creator or return to the track editor.

As well as making individual one off tracks it could have the option of creating a large track and splitting it into multiple layouts much like Cape Ring, Suzuka or Montegi have different layouts marked out of sections of the main track.

Future Development

Firstly this could open another avenue for future DLC packs:

generic scenery packs:  mountain / cliff roads
                                 urban
                                 forest
                                 desert

real world scenery:  Grand Canyon
                           Mediterranean village
                           American coastal highways
                           Swiss mountains

special track pieces:  track bridge / tunnel sections
                             elevated corkscrew / loops (like at Cape Ring)
                             bigger bridges over scenery like rivers
                             tunnels through scenery like cliffs or hills

This programme could also be used as a bridge product for GT6, so any tracks we make now for GT5 could be imported into GT6 and reused.  It could even be a tool made specifically to create tracks usable in both games, instead of including it in GT6 they could offer it to us now at a nominal DLC type cost.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #177 on: July 03, 2012, 08:22:07 PM »

So like a Roller Coaster Tycoon version of a track builder? PERFECT IDEA!

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »

Hey Kaz, can we please get some better "710"?   ::)

:teehee

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2012, 11:46:39 AM »

You are funny Charlie!!!! :D ;D :)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Up