SupaTunaGT

• May 09, 2024, 05:43:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: The *Officail* "Hey Kaz, we want this in GT5" Thread  (Read 19788 times)

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: The *Officail* "Hey Kaz, we want this in GT5" Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2012, 03:32:44 PM »

Dear Kaz

This request has to do with DLC. I would like the ability to buy DLC for any person on my friends list if i want!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:36:43 PM by GTP_FLASH48 »

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2012, 11:09:09 PM »

Dear Kaz

This request has to do with DLC. I would like the ability to buy DLC for any person on my friends list if i want!

Buy a PSN card and send them the store code?

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »

Because that won't work for everyone. Foreign currency exchange rate bullshit.  But if I pay for it I should be able to give it to a friend, even if they are in Brazil or Canada...  . YMMV.

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2012, 02:15:48 PM »

Because that won't work for everyone. Foreign currency exchange rate bullshit.  But if I pay for it I should be able to give it to a friend, even if they are in Brazil or Canada...  . YMMV.

forgot about that....truth! hmmmmmmmm....lol

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:37:45 PM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2012, 08:02:58 PM »

Somethin to take on the Veyron?

Ugh, I've seen this thing elsewhere. I love the CTS-V (sedan). But for them to call it a Veyron challenger is just plain dumb.

The Veyron is one of the most over-engineered cars ever built. They didn't take some V-Dub and strap some turbos on it.

If these two cars lined up side by side for a 5-mile drag race or whatever, at the drop of the green flag, the Bugatti owner would have to get out, check his tire pressures and then turn the key that allows for top speed. The car would hunker down and take off.

And after about 1 mile, he would roar past this Cadillac, which is sitting on the side of the road smoking with pieces of its splintered transmission, rear end, and driveshaft littering the road.

Cool novelty car to impress your friends. Not a Veyron challenger. And I bet more of them end up broken than working.

/rant.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2012, 05:54:20 AM »

Somethin to take on the Veyron?

Ugh, I've seen this thing elsewhere. I love the CTS-V (sedan). But for them to call it a Veyron challenger is just plain dumb.

The Veyron is one of the most over-engineered cars ever built. They didn't take some V-Dub and strap some turbos on it.

If these two cars lined up side by side for a 5-mile drag race or whatever, at the drop of the green flag, the Bugatti owner would have to get out, check his tire pressures and then turn the key that allows for top speed. The car would hunker down and take off.

And after about 1 mile, he would roar past this Cadillac, which is sitting on the side of the road smoking with pieces of its splintered transmission, rear end, and driveshaft littering the road.

Cool novelty car to impress your friends. Not a Veyron challenger. And I bet more of them end up broken than working.

/rant.

That may be....But there is still only the two 1000+ HP capable cars in the game that have little to nothing to do. The Bugatti and the TVR are not racecars and lack handling characteristics to be able to compete with race cars. At the same time they sure as hell are not fair to pit against other production cars, Why not add another car to the list of ridiculous beasts? Give us a reason or at least a more valid excuse to take them out and play with them?

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »

I know I've posted an idea like this before but I think this is a more refined and polished version that hopefully makes more sense, so I figure I'd post it again here first before I make myself look like a massive idiot when I post it over at the Deathstar 2.0 :).

GT Amateur Touring Car Race Modification Creator

Basically the idea is, rather than PD creating many RMs in-house, they give us a tool to create and customise our own basic RMs for GT5 cars without needing any new 3D modeling, i.e. using existing visual bodykit parts with a custom skin and some unseen mechanical modifications.  It could work on an Import / Export basis for creating the new RMs that are then "installed" into the game itself like DLC content.

How It Works

• Choose a car (only normal production cars should be eligible, no concepts or race cars).

• Apply basic Race Modification

This could include:
        a complete chassis and engine restore to original 0 mile specs
        a 4th stage of weight reduction beyond the 3 normally available
        basic adjustable Front and Rear downforce (e.g. 0-10 front, 5-20 rear)
        fully adjustable transmission and drivetrain parts
        height-adjuistable suspension and other semi-racing parts
        basic gloss white paint respray

• Select visual accessories 

For Standard cars you have the usual 3 spoilers and wheels currently available, Premium cars have whatever wheels / bodykit accessories would normally be available including carbon / coloured hoods.

NOTE: You will still have the basic Front / Rear downforce upgrade even if you choose no extra aero parts.

• Create custom livery

There will be some required decals such as:
        Gran Turismo windshield decal (front / rear)
        3 PD number decals (one on each side and one on the hood or roof)*
        Gran Turismo Logo side skirt stripe

*NOTE: Standard cars must use "exact number" decals, Premium cars have the dynamic decal so the number can be changed in game.

So the basic livery should be something like the Stealth model cars or current RMs, other decals to use could be as simple or complex as PD will allow (from simple racing stripes to complex patterns) and colours for the base car and decals should be adjustable at this stage too using simple paint tools and generic colours with Matte / Gloss / Metallic type finishes.

Once complete the livery and Race Mod can be saved individually and shared with friends for download and use with this programme, the livery can be reused on other cars (though decals may need rearranging to fit different size / shaped cars).  To use the complete RM / livery in the actual game it must be exported and then installed in GT5 as other DLC is.  RMs could either be exported as individual items or multiples as a single pack.

Once installed in the game the player would then apply the RM to the appropriate car at a price as they do with the existing 17 RMs we have.  Standard cars would likely be unpaintable as with most existing Standard race cars but Premium cars could allow a repaint if we have dynamic decals that change with the colour (light stripes on dark car and vice versa).

Future Developement and Profit

Perhaps something like this should have been included in the game from the beginning, but if it means we can get something like this added then I'd be willing to pay a nominal fee to help cover production costs.

This also opens up an avenue for special DLC packs to be released down the line containing new decal designs, licensed manufacturer / product decals or even official race / team liveries too, maybe even new bodykit parts and wheels specifically for these custom RMs, new paint and colour options too.  If done properly it could even be a bridge product for GT6, so liveries created in this programme for GT5 could be imported for use in GT6 assuming it comes with some sort of livery editor.

I agree feldynn,

this sort of technique would alleviate my gripes about "Race modding cars is just a gimmick" and give people more "RM's"

Remember folks, an RM is just a race version of a car and a completely different model.  When you click RM, you replace a car with another car.  But with feldynn's idea, you could take a car and get it to the level we currentliy label as "RM" but incrementally, AND this could be done outside of the modding arc that is considered "street".  it could be a separate arc.

but with this option, we could take any car and fit fatter tires, give it a race chasis, wider wheel wells, aero contours for the body that arent' on the street version etc.  just have the game decide what sort of width modifier each car can have or if it's even feasible for the car.

then let us build the RM's, rather than having to develop new car models one by one for the RM's.

then i'de be satisfied that "the RM's are no longer a gimmick" and those who say they want ALL cars to be RM'able, would also have the equivilent.

kudos!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »

Functional windshield wipers for cockpit view on Standard cars, it's raining and I'd like to see the :fucking track please!  I'm not a Pinball Wizard, I can't drive by sense of smell.

Smoke that doesn't make cars look like they're made out of LEGO bricks, thus ruining what would otherwise have been a :fucking awesome picture!  Yes I can adequately fix it in Photoshop but I shouldn't have to.

A better Performance Points system that takes into account things that ACTUALLY affect the performance of a car, you know things like tires and transmissions and suspension and wotnot.  Comfort: Hard tires tend to perform differently to Racing: Soft last time I checked, and oh look this 500hp muscle car tops out at 115mph due to crappy stock gearing but giving it a custom transmission that's geared better couldn't possibly make it perform better..

What else, oh yes back to rain.. it's raining in the race, there's rain falling that I can see yet somehow it's never caught on camera.  What is this vampire rain or something.. doesn't have a reflection, can't be photographed, if I throw a steak out the window during a race will it suddenly stop raining?

Oh yes, speaking of photos, I think I've brought this up before but I'll bring it up again because having an "Export to USB" function would be awfully useful since it would mean old folk like me wouldn't export them to the XMB and forget to put them on the USB.  My memory isn't as good as it.. err memory isn't what it, err, wait I'll get it.. umm.  Hey you, kid, get off my lawn!

Also Autosave still needs addressing.  Yes it's nice I got 5-10 new paint chips because I logged in but you already saved after you loaded before I got to go to GT Life mode, I don't care if I lose 5-10 paint chips because you didn't save AGAIN.  What's that, I've received a gift car in the mail that's nice of you to save the game when I accept the gift car.  Of course when I then cash in the ticket I really DON'T need you to save the game AGAIN right after you JUST saved, really I don't..

Oh now I've switched cars and you want to save again, that's nice and all but it'd be really helpful if you'd actually save my game when I needed it.  You know like when I've spent an hour tweaking my favourite car's tune or been practicing for an evnet getting a car set up right, I'd really like you to save then.. instead you disconnect / crash, don't save and lose all my adjustments, but that's ok because when I reload the game you'll have to :fucking save like 3 times just because I went and got in a different car and checked to see if it needed an oil change.

Wait a sec, I think I might have posted this in the wrong thread.. oh well :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »

A better Performance Points system that takes into account things that ACTUALLY affect the performance of a car, you know things like tires and transmissions and suspension and wotnot.  Comfort: Hard tires tend to perform differently to Racing: Soft last time I checked, and oh look this 500hp muscle car tops out at 115mph due to crappy stock gearing but giving it a custom transmission that's geared better couldn't possibly make it perform better..

You bring up some good points but I disagree with much of this paragraph.

Tires should NOT be included in the pp system.  If it is then we end up with the same stupid system we had in GT5P where people would drop to lower class tires (often different front and back) so that they could increase power or decrease weight.  I don't know of a real world racing series that allows drivers to increase their power if they decide to run street tires instead of racing tires.  That's an artificial strategy that shouldn't be in the game.  The host should be able to decide exactly what tires racers are allowed to race with and then racers can pick tires based on tire wear and speed (of course that means pd needs to fix tire wear).

Suspension and transmission settings should NOT be included in the pp system.  Lets ignore that it would almost be impossible for GT to calculate pp based on transmission/suspension settings.  Racers shouldn't be penalized power if they are better at tuning a suspension or transmission.  Tuning the car is part of the skill of racing.  If you are good, you should get an advantage.  Hosts should be able to dictate whether suspension or transmission tuning is allowed and to what extent.  It should be then up to the racers skill to tune within the parameters that the host dictates.

What GT really needs is to allow hosts to determine exactly which cars are allowed, what racers are allowed to tune (including parts added), AND the ability to handicap certain cars (like the ballast system in iRacing).

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2012, 09:57:54 PM »

Mostly that was just me "going off on one", GT11, a sort of slightly comedic rant with a twinge or truth but not to be taken too seriously :).

For the sake of friendly debate though I would like to reply, clarify some stuff and explain myself a bit better.  While I never had Prologue I have heard some of the tire PP fiasco and I do agree in it's current state giving tires an arbitrary PP number would be a bad thing, also I completely agree that hosts need WAY more control of a room in terms of car tuning options (and other room controls too, but that's probably for another rant hehe).

I had this really unnecessary and overwordy post typed out but managed to lose it LOL.  Basically I think the whole system needs to be revamped, the PP number itself should include individual numbers for acceleration, something for handling (a fully adjustable suspension will improve a car Vs it's fixed original), other parts like transmission (adding the ability to adjust the gears should count somehow), tires should fit in somehow but not as an arbitrary number.

Maybe every car should have an initial performance / handling number then anything we add to it should count as "upgrade points" or something, I don't know exactly and can't articulate right now (my train of thought derailed hours ago lol).

Oh well, off to bed for me :).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:37:30 PM by Feldynn »

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2012, 07:00:01 AM »

I disagree.  customized transmissions or suspension should affect the PP.  But shouldn't affect the PP based on how well you tune.  Rather just a flat rate for selecting that option.  That seems reasonable to me, and very easy to do.

PSN ID = dawson864

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2012, 09:08:28 AM »

my opinion on pp...

tires no

trans no (a very good reason is that you can make yourself slower with the adj trans, not always faster.  how can the game knwo this?)

clutch yes
flywheel yes

giving someone the ability to adjust something doesn't make the car perform better, so adjustable things should never affect PP (except aero)

tires did effect PP when they first came back with PP in GT5.  Remember, prologue had it, then GT5 didn't, then GT5 did, and then GT5's PP got revamped.  Before it was revamped in GT5 it did include tires.  It created problems other than just allowing someone to swap tires in the pits and gain an advantage.  You also did not have a level playing field when browsing through cars for those that meet a PP requirement.

I strongly feel that keeping those two things independent of each other is best.  Rooms always specify tire choice anyways, so why does anyone really feel they need tires in PP calculations?

Though, I see the TPRA is starting to use a tire vs PP rating scheme to achieve some of this... but isnt' that overly comp;licated?  Why would one want to use a harder tire and get more power to put down to those inferior tires? Wouldn't they just heat up that much faster and negate the benefits of their use?

definitely wrong thread for that...

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »

I guess the way I look at it is like all the optional parts we can add are upgrades to the base car, if it improves the car in some way it ought to count (tires aside for now).  "Fixed setting" parts usually offer some degree of improvement but adjustable ones offer the most because you can tailor them to the situation, yes there's also the potential for making a car worse but that's down to the user's skill at tuning.

Muscle cars are a great example of why the adjustable trans should be counted towards the overall performance of a car, the majority of them run out of gear before they run out of power (usually 110-120mph).  Take two identical PP ones, run one with the stock trans and one with an adjustable one, the one with the adjustable trans should out perform the other because it has much better gearing options (if the user sets the top speed too low that's their own fault).

Suspension is basically the same though handling is much more of a subtle tuning element than basic things like power and top speed.  Each optional suspension upgrade improves upon the basic suspension's stats, they increase spring stiffness, dampers, lower base ride height and such until you get to the fully adjustable one that not only lowers / stiffens the baseline but also allows you to adjust everything to suit driver / track.

I'm not sure how many people have noticed but if you view a car in your GT Life garage with the stock suspension on, then go to the Tuning sheet and fit the Fully Adjustable one then go back to the view screen you can see that most cars have a noticably lower ride height (even at the default setting, i.e. 0).  Upgrading the suspension usually improves the handling of a car and improved handling should IMO count towards the overall performance value of a car.

I guess it really comes down to the meaning we attach to the word "Performance" when it's used as a global magic number to try and balance cars by.  The way GT does it seems to be largely based on power and weight which is why I don't think it works right, to me a car's true "Performance" should not just include it's power / weight but also it's handling, transmission, drivetrain and wotnot.

Currently two cars with the same "Performance Points" can actually perform quite differently because one handles better than the other, or has better baseline acceleration.  I'm not talking about little differences though, I don't expect every car to automagically work the same as every other car at say 500PP but the difference between some cars at the same PP level can be astonishing.

Gah too many words!  Sorry :).

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up