SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 06:06:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148412 times)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2013, 08:16:06 PM »

I know i said no more Nissans. What I should have said was no more of the nissans we already have and i would like to see more balance and better focus to PD's vehicle choices.

Not busting balls man; just an excuse to post gratuitous pics of sick Nissan race cars the past and PD may have forgotten. Or have they, we'll see in a few months time.  8)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2013, 08:30:08 PM »

REK just like we are all free to type what we want we are also free to read what we want. If a thread doesnt interest me i dont read it. Nothing personal to anyone around here but most of the time I am not reading a lot of what goes on around here. If people can complain the subject is not just limited to the game it can be about the complaining too. Before five came out I wrote Ucan a pm about all the negativity and feciously said we should declare a war on it. I am still not a fan of it am I not allowed to say so. Like I said two way street people dont want to read what I have to say then oh well they dont have to. They can even voice like you are doing. I have no problems with that.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2013, 08:35:47 PM »

Seriously, how bad ass is this thing? I'd grow a mustache just to drive it in anger.

But I thought you already had a mustache...

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2013, 08:44:13 PM »

I almost forgot about the SEMA and Pebble Beach cars we should be getting.

Known car list for GT6 at GTP...
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=260943

I have always liked early 70s Camaros.  :)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2013, 09:40:14 PM »

BOSTON OUT!

Wouldn't that be great! (meaning the team of course).

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2013, 10:58:14 PM »

I almost forgot about the SEMA and Pebble Beach cars we should be getting.

Known car list for GT6 at GTP...
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=260943

I have always liked early 70s Camaros.  :)

I like the 70s Camaro too Chrome, it'll be nice to have in the game but.. you knew I had to get a but in there somehow :).. I'd much prefer we could actually get regular production or race car versions and not all these one-off SEMA custom hotrods.  Not that they aren't cool in their own right, I'd just personally like to have proper ones if that makes sense.

Also regarding the whole GT5.1 / GT5 Spec 3.0 thing, honestly that's what I was expecting we'd get too.  Basically the same GT5 game engine with a few tweaks to the physics and stuff like in that Spec 2.0 update, some new features and a bit more content but not much more than a glorified Spec 3.0 update + DLC content wrapped up in a neat GT6 box.. like in my first post in this thread, I'd love to have a bunch of awesome new stuff but I realistically expected to get very little.

What surprised me initially is that PD is giving us a completely new game engine with that funny tessalation stuff as well as a new physics model for the tires, suspension and aero.  Granted the end result may not look drastically different from GT5 but I assume it will make better use of the limited hardware capacity than GT5 does and allow them to perhaps do more "behind the scenes" stuff.  PD could have taken the easy route and just refined the GT5 core game engine but they turned around and built a whole new one for GT6.

Also thousands of new aero parts and wheels will be available for "almost all cars", on one hand that sounds like an excessively ridiculous amount (heck 100 wings of varying obnoxiousness would have been plenty for me) but on the other hand there's the "almost all cars" point.  Discounting race cars for obvious and acceptable reasons that still sounds like the majority of what we currently call "standard cars" are going to have many aero parts / wheels available to them, this intrigues me.

Also, also does anyone want to start a betting pool on how long it takes me to grumble about Autosave in GT6? :D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2013, 04:49:48 AM »

Let me see if i can explain at work Iam paid three dollars less than the avg worker doing the same job at other companies in my region. The owner claims he dpesnt believe in people asking for raises yet we have no review system to get a raise given without asking. In my last three years of employment I have missed two days, both revolved around my grandson being born and have been late once. I keep putting in apps and getting interviews but they always seem to be able to hire in the young guy, probably cheaper. So in summary professional life sucks.

Financially when Honda forced me out it put me behind the eight ball on bills last fall I had to file for bankruptcy and at some point I am going to lose my house that I have been at for 14 years.

At home with money tight thats an extra burden on me and Mrs Baked and at one point recently it looked as though we were headee for a divorce. We love each other but life has been kicking our asses for a while now ane it has put an enormous strain on the relationship.

So when it comes to my hobby, my escape whatever it is you call racing and being a Tuna well then I want to avoid negative stuff. My life loads me up with that already. And I never made anything personal claiming I would ignore anyone but rather I would avoid the negative stuff altogether. I have had to give up everything else mostly cause I cannot afford it. I even gave up my smoke, which has been free for the last several years by the way, as I try to better my professsional situation.

This is supposed to be fun for folks if doesnt look like fun fine they can complain but if it was me I think my time would be better spent finding a better game and bragging on it instead of ragging on something that isnt even here yet.

There maybe y'all know too much about me now for your comfort zone but I wanted it understood why I feel the way I feel.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:52:23 AM by BakedTuna »

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2013, 07:17:22 AM »

I'm only curious to see if it drives as shitty as the Ford does in iRacing. If these cars truly drive as shitty as iRacing wants us to believe they do, then Aussie V8 drivers are by far the best pilots in the world. No debate. Either iRacing is lying or they got the old Ford way wrong. Still curious.

Yeah, that's a really good point. I dig iRacing because it fully utilizes my rig. And since it's like driving on ice most of the time, it's really good practice for things like trail braking, etc, because it forces you to really hone your technique. But that said, holy shitfuck batman, those cars are twitchy. I look at iRacing as practice time. I look at GT5 as fun time. Bring on teh sex, I mean 6.

Oh, and I meant to add, while we're bitching about cars ... Kia Optima iRacing, really? I'd take a Nissan over that anyday. Who the f woke up this morning dreaming of driving a Kia?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:20:48 AM by MX5#98 »
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2013, 07:38:09 AM »

Let me see if i can explain ...

December 8th, 2010 was my wedding anniversary. I came home that day to tell my wife I'd been laid off. Two weeks later she asked me for a divorce. A week and a half later, the police were dragging her ass to jail for domestic violence (she punched me in the face, I called the cops). Two days later I came home to find the locks changed on the house and I was homeless.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles my man. I found inner peace and a whole shitload of friends and family who mean the absolute world to me through all of this. And I've learned to take shit in stride. Ain't nuthin' but a thing, chicken wing. I pray you find peace and happiness in this life or the next. 

Meanwhile I'm with ya, lets keep things positive around here.    8)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2013, 07:40:29 AM »

P.S. More Miatas, not less. Need the PRHT. Should be able to push a button on my wheel and retract the hard top. That would be banging. LOL.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2013, 08:06:29 AM »

Seriously, how bad ass is this thing? I'd grow a mustache just to drive it in anger.

But I thought you already had a mustache...

Hahaha!! Excellent post my friend.

MX-5, one car I'd kill for in GT6 is a true spec'd out Spec Miata, preferrably a 2nd gen, or even a Playboy MX-5 cup car like we have in iRacing. The races would be epic.  ;D

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2013, 08:44:10 AM »

MX-5, one car I'd kill for in GT6 is a true spec'd out Spec Miata, preferrably a 2nd gen, or even a Playboy MX-5 cup car like we have in iRacing. The races would be epic.  ;D

Dang right brothah. I'd like to invite the guys from PD out to our local track. Bring a notepad and pen, take notes. Give us THOSE cars. Let us simulate REAL races. What a concept.   :)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2013, 10:33:09 AM »

Did I ever tell you the one where my supervisor went out of his way to ruin my career?  Or that my son needed multiple surgeries including open heart surgery?  Or my life threatening medical condition?  Seems like lots of people going through lots of crap around here these days.  UCan lost his life.

I don't get to play GT or any game much these days because I've decided to take matters into my own hands and create my own job.  That's the only way that I'm going to be able to do what I want for a living.

I prefer to be cautiously optimistic about GT6 but considering PDs track record I can see why people might not.  What I don't like are those people who complain about stupid things.  One guy over at the planet thought pd was the worst company ever because they announced GT6 at a close event.  Seriously?  Or those who compare GT to Forza as if Forza was the end all be all of racing games.  Forza has some pretty big flaws and isn't really that great of a game.  All racing games these days have their flaws including iRacing, rFactor2 and Assetto Corsa.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2013, 11:52:09 AM »

Did I ever tell you the one where my supervisor went out of his way to ruin my career?  Or that my son needed multiple surgeries including open heart surgery?  Or my life threatening medical condition?  Seems like lots of people going through lots of crap around here these days.  UCan lost his life.

Good point. Well said. I would wager that there's a lot we don't know about everyone here. But this has been a great community for a long time. I hope it keeps going for a very long time. Every day won't be a great day, but it'll be a Tuna day. Long line Tunas.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2013, 11:57:59 AM »

I think we need some of these around here

also, GoesTuna11, did you know the volume control in the new Tesla Model S goes up to 11?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:02:27 PM by WolfpackS2k »

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 159   Go Up