• May 06, 2024, 08:59:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148416 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2013, 12:01:04 PM »

:drunk2 :grphug :drunk3

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2013, 12:03:15 PM »

:gtimes

I'll be drinking tonight!

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2013, 12:29:18 PM »

:fishlick :fishlick :fishlick :fishlick

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »

Sorry about your son's health issues 11 with that certainly you can see the benefit to a fun healthy escape to help keep your sanity.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2013, 01:16:57 AM »

In case anyone hasn't seen this yet, here's a link to GT Planet's transcript of an interview with Kaz from the 15th year event (Thanks MasterGT for posting this at the PSN)!:  http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-on-gran-turismo-6-standardpremium-cars/

Some of his answers are a touch evasive but understandably so because at this point because we don't know what will come to light at the next game convention thing but they are interesting answers nonetheless.  Here's a few points I thought were interesting / pertinent (though it's worth reading the whole thing)

• There "might be" some kind of decal option.
  • We'll still have "standard" cars but they should be better quality (and they likely still won't have interiors).
  • New physics engine / models should be more even realistic than it currently is.
  • Reiteration of "monthly DLC" (I'll believe this when I see it).

Interesting stuff, hopefully we'll hear more soon.. well sooner than "SoonTM" anyway ;D, should be interesting to try out that Academy / demo thing in July.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2013, 07:08:01 AM »

Are there other plans to bring the game’s GPS functionality to more real-world cars?

He's talking about this like it already exists. What GPS functionality is he talking about. I'm cornfused.   :-\
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2013, 02:12:46 PM »

Shown during the 24 hours of Nurb.  Bilstein Audi R8 LMS in GT6.  I love this car and am happy it's in the game!

Gran turismo 6 Bilstein Audi R8 LMS ultra 24h Nürburgring

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2013, 03:39:32 PM »

I found a link to some more footage over at GTP the other day and meant to post it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/gran-turismo-720p-concept-footage-at-60fps

One interesting thing that is really hard to see around 1:35, there's a few seconds of the Alpine going around a corner and you ever so briefly see the back wheel lift up.  Someone had grabbed a still and posted it in a GTP thread but I can't find it now, it's possible that the new physics engine / models may actually allow cars to cock that back wheel up like you see on some of those Top Gear and other car tests particularly with the hot hatchback type cars.

Oh duh I found the thread, obviously enough it's the one discussing the physics and had the link to the video in it LOL, anyway here's the still I mentioned..

from page 2 of this thread:  http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=282389

Should be interesting to see how this new physics stuff develops!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »

Also from that same thread is this video that I just now watched..

Gran Turismo 6 Demo Tutorial, Track and Car Selection - Nissan 370Z

some sort of driving school / tutorial thing I guess, maybe just a demo feature, but unfortunately seeing Lucas Ordonez pop up with "helpful tips" reminded me of Microsoft's infamous Mr Clippy..

Hi, it appears you're trying to do a hotlap around Silverstone!  Would you like me to:

A)  Turn on your driving aids to really screw you up?
B)  Pop up in random locations on the screen to block your view at crucial moments?

;D

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2013, 05:57:39 PM »

Here it is in motion...

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2013, 06:03:44 PM »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »

The movement of the Audi in the 2rd gif is pretty damn realistic.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2013, 09:34:27 PM »

Shown during the 24 hours of Nurb.  Bilstein Audi R8 LMS in GT6.  I love this car and am happy it's in the game!

Gran turismo 6 Bilstein Audi R8 LMS ultra 24h Nürburgring
that was some fine racing. Until the rain came. Then darkness fell. Headlights where like laze beams

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2013, 08:48:16 AM »

The thing that would ring my bell is BETTER SOUND! If they fix that i don't really care what else they do to the game!

I think the sound is fine. I wonder if you might benefit from the addition of surround sound or some adjustments.

I listen to racing, like V8 SuperCars, ALMS on just tv speakers and the sound is awesome!! Why do you need 7.1 or 5.1 to make GT5 sound good? Not everybody can afford surround sound.

PS. I do have a 2.1 Klipsch set up in my game room. Still sounds like crap to me, but movie and music sound great!

APparently PD took the raw sounds and didn't adjust them at all and had to map them against a digital repersentation of a tach, which is what digitizes the sounds.  Basically, they didn't optimize the raw sounds for a good audio experience, but the sounds are pure and genuine in most cases.

In other words, you have to use a different Equalizer setting and dynamic adjustments to make the GT5 engines etc. sound like what you hear on your TV during real races.

It's a complicated topic, but sufficing to say, you could use some adjustments to your setup, but hopefully GT6 will just be more "optimized" in the sound department so people won't have to be experts to tune their audio.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2013, 09:17:27 AM »

I hate to be a cynic, but I suspect much of what you're asking for will be in the PS4 version of the game. If I'm in their shoes and I'm scanning a bunch of cars, I do it for the next gen graphics engine. That way, when you roll out GT7 on the PS4, there is new and exciting eye candy for everyone to "ohh" and "ahh" about. Just my suspicion.

not really true.  If you scan a car at any given time (year) you use the tech available to you at that time.  If they are scanning any car right now, they are using the best possible tech, rest assured.  They are even innovating new ways of producing digital versions of real things (cars, tracks etc.).

Then, you scale down the wireframes to fit the platform you care developing it for.  They could scan car "X" right now and put it into GT6 with one level of quality, and scale it down less or not at all, for GT7 on the PS4.

It saves a lot of work, and the only reason there are standard  cars in GT5 with lower quality models is because the scanning methods back in GT4 days weren't nearly as good as today's.  They would have needed to scan the cars again to make them premium, and faced with the monumental task, had to face the decision of "do we not include them or include them like this just polished a little?"

I for one am glad that the standards have been in GT5 because that is hundreds of cars we would not have had.

It's the "more of less" approach rather than the "Less of more".  The way people tend to view the standards is with a baffled reaction like "why did they make them look this bad for a new generation game?"  But they just gave you extra cars at the price of the premiums they had to develop for GT5.  A huge bonus that has largely been misunderstood IMO.

Now, I'm really glad to hear that the standards in GT6 will look a lot better and that many of them have been made fully premie.

Again, fans asked for all cars to be premium, but that is a really short-sighted request because all they ahve to do to answer the request is to remove the standards leaving you with fewwer cars.

With that said, I would ahve been upset if the standards didn't look a lot better in GT6 (we have yet to see screenies of these, so maybe they aren't that good?  IDK)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 159   Go Up