SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 03:31:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148435 times)

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2013, 04:07:53 PM »

Agent_2na or Agent_Tuna for sure.

Yup, yuppers ... I like 'em too.

The Agent_2na is similar to my BF3 name .... as mentioned above RE: Clan tag .....

[2na]AgentWD40

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2013, 04:13:23 PM »

There are still some clan type tags around here but I am simply BakedTuna.

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2013, 04:15:43 PM »

There are still some clan type tags around here but I am simply BakedTuna.

And an awesome name it is ....  :D

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »

If the racing club thing allows a (hopefully 4 letter) tag, do we go with [STGT] or [TUNA]?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2013, 09:19:09 AM »

I would say TUNA because it's recognizable, and everyone is going to be using stupid acronyms.

I can't wait to see all of the stupid clubs people come up with.

and, hopefully we can be affiliated with multiple clubs...

and hopefully No_Affiliations can still be in the TUNA club even if he doesn't want to show a Clan tag :D

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2013, 09:57:35 AM »

So back on the topic of what I'm hoping they give us in v6.0, I'd like to see a better AI ... or ... more ability to customize offline races. For example, the AI is fine as it is if I can give them much faster cars. I'd like to go out on the track in my little Miata and then see if I can pass the AI   running higher PP cars. Maybe there could be a trophy for the greatest PP difference victory without an accident (prevent just dive bombing the AI in the corners and punting them into the stands, which currently works really well.)   ;)

Would be kind of fun to see what kind of crazy races you could run ... Samba bus vs. Elise, Miata vs. Ruf, you name it.

MX
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2013, 10:27:11 AM »

I can't wait to see all of the stupid clubs people come up with.

I think we should open the Tunaversal Institute for Technical Supremacy, of course it would have to be big and "in your face" but it could work ;D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »

I would definitely want to be a member of TITS 

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2013, 10:33:04 AM »

:stoopid: 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2013, 10:47:51 AM »

Bring on the TITS!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2013, 10:48:56 AM »

So back on the topic of what I'm hoping they give us in v6.0, I'd like to see a better AI ... or ... more ability to customize offline races. For example, the AI is fine as it is if I can give them much faster cars. I'd like to go out on the track in my little Miata and then see if I can pass the AI   running higher PP cars. Maybe there could be a trophy for the greatest PP difference victory without an accident (prevent just dive bombing the AI in the corners and punting them into the stands, which currently works really well.)   ;)

Would be kind of fun to see what kind of crazy races you could run ... Samba bus vs. Elise, Miata vs. Ruf, you name it.

MX

I can't seem to find a link, but there was a group of folks at the planet that used Arcade mode to setup close racing with the AI.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »

MX

I can't seem to find a link, but there was a group of folks at the planet that used Arcade mode to setup close racing with the AI.

Well, that would be cool to know how to do. But isn't the physics different in Arcade mode? I'd want it as real as possible.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2013, 12:16:58 PM »

MX

Well, that would be cool to know how to do. But isn't the physics different in Arcade mode? I'd want it as real as possible.

Arcade mode doesn't mean arcade physics. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »

that's right... arcade mode is same physics as other offline A-spec stuff.  turning up the AI aggressiveness to 10 makes the racing much closer.

over at the PSN Deathstar, we are debating the choice between:

adaptive AI that learn how good you are and respond, either within a single race or over several races (<-my choice, because it would be harder to cheat that system)

AI difficulty slider (should probably go to 11 just to be safe)

it's a lively debate but in the end no one at PD will probably read any of it and will just do their thing as they see fit.  We'll probably like it better than GT5 I think, but maybe not as much as we had hoped and dreamed.  Such is life.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2013, 01:41:10 PM »

Well, I think it would be really hard to get the programming right for the AI to be really competitive. That's why I like the idea of being able to give the AI more powerful and better handling cars. Easy way to adjust the difficulty without really making any code changes. But if time and effort aren't a factor, then I'd like PD to study Team Dumbass and program the AI to drive like those guys.    ;)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 159   Go Up