SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 01:06:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148428 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #345 on: June 12, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »

This just in, should be of interest to everyone but especially Baked :)..

Gran Turismo 6 Gameplay Video: Lightweight Car Company Rocket at Autumn Ring Mini

.. definitely going to be an awesome fun car!!

from that footage, it looks like two wheels off is now called a "left the track" penalty... hopefully not because that is usually legal in racing.

Well the odd thing is, I've seen guys going way off track, and not get "invalid lap".  :-\
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #346 on: June 12, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »

yea, that inconsistency, now that you mention it, probably points to a not-so-optimized or finalized boundary system... should be closer to perfect for the release... and certainly Academy will have very strict and consistent boundaries, even if some people disagree with them.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »

Inconsistency is always a big problem for penatlies with PD it seems, at least in GT5 it has been.  No doubt there will be some tweaking between now and release but I wouldn't be surprised if there were legitimate issues with the Academy demo thing when it arrives, in fact I almost wouldn't be surprised if they use the Academy as a bit of a testing ground and maybe make adjustments on the fly like they did with some events last year.

I can live with strict penalties (particularly in the Academy) so long as they're consistent.  If you're going to get DQ'd for car contact then it needs to be ALL car contact and not the vague way it was done before where you could barely graze a car and get DQ'd on one hand but on the other you could slam them in the door while cornering without remorse, or if putting 2 wheels "off the track" is a penalty it should be the same for any part of the track not just on "this corner" or "that corner" :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2013, 01:42:46 PM »

84 screens here - http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-e3-trailer-84-screenshots-reveal-new-cars-tracks-locations/

many of those screens show a shift in demonstration of the cars with respect to even a few weeks ago at the 15th anniversary announcement.  They are rendering the cars with reflections from one of the more scenic locations, probably a photo mode location, and then removing the location and placing the car on a blank showcase area (whitish grey)

that shows the car's reflective beauty much better than the bland shots we received previously, and that inspired people like myself to say that the paint jobs looked more dull.  I now have to retract that statement ;)

I think the reflections are a bit over done.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #349 on: June 12, 2013, 02:25:56 PM »

Inconsistency is always a big problem for penatlies with PD it seems, at least in GT5 it has been.  No doubt there will be some tweaking between now and release but I wouldn't be surprised if there were legitimate issues with the Academy demo thing when it arrives, in fact I almost wouldn't be surprised if they use the Academy as a bit of a testing ground and maybe make adjustments on the fly like they did with some events last year.

I can live with strict penalties (particularly in the Academy) so long as they're consistent.  If you're going to get DQ'd for car contact then it needs to be ALL car contact and not the vague way it was done before where you could barely graze a car and get DQ'd on one hand but on the other you could slam them in the door while cornering without remorse, or if putting 2 wheels "off the track" is a penalty it should be the same for any part of the track not just on "this corner" or "that corner" :).

the car contact with the earlier rounds of Academy were definitely an issue... but what I was referring to was more of the fact that Academy 2012 had a very tight cone boundary which was consistent for everyone.  They didn't want you to put two wheels off in this or that area, then the cones told you what they expected.  The cones were the way that we knew what was okay and what was not.  On the outside edge of some corners, there were no cones, and that let us know we could go way out to the endge and keep two wheels on.

I'm fine with getting 90% of a car off track and calling it clean, so long as it's not an exploit as such or inconsistent for subsequent runs or different drivers.  In that respect, Academy 2012 was very consistent because the cones were in the same spot for everyone ;)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #350 on: June 12, 2013, 02:35:59 PM »

Could the penalty setting in the different videos be set differently. I.E. High low and off.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #351 on: June 12, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »

I think were discussing vids of different tracks????

as in, Autumn Ring Mini had some really strict ones, but Silverstone had some areas that looked off, but weren't calld off.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #352 on: June 12, 2013, 03:34:54 PM »

The Autumn Ring one did seem a bit strict but I also saw some inconsistencies there, around 1'13 he goes through that right / left / left  the last corner.  First right it looks like maybe 2 wheels over the apex strip but no penalty, then the left kerb he does what looks like almost the same thing but does get a penalty.  Later around 3'01 he goes off on the outside with maybe half a car width or more onto the grass but gets no penalty, same again coming onto the main straight around 3'18 where he drops 2 tires over the rumble strip and proceeds down the straight with half a car off track but without a penalty.

It just seems inconsistent, two wheels off track here is a penalty but two wheels off track there isn't.  At least where time trials and Academy events are concerned, even if we might not agree with where they are or what they are it's much easier to deal with if they're at least consistent :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #353 on: June 12, 2013, 03:51:19 PM »

Quote from: Jordan;8564159
Kazunori Yamauchi will be doing a round table interview at 4pm local time.  I have been told I will be participating.  :tup:

Just over an hour from now.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #354 on: June 12, 2013, 04:24:06 PM »

Hope Jordan can get some juicy info on GT6!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #355 on: June 12, 2013, 05:12:36 PM »

Kazunori Yamauchi will be doing a round table interview at 4pm local time.  I have been told I will be participating.  :tup:

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #356 on: June 12, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »

When will then be now?

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #357 on: June 12, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »

When will then be now?

Soon.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #358 on: June 12, 2013, 07:52:56 PM »

When will then be now?

Soon.

How soon?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #359 on: June 12, 2013, 08:04:46 PM »

Haven't seen anything from Jordan yet, but did run across this...

http://www.destructoid.com/kazunori-yamauchi-on-gran-turismo-6-and-beyond-256119.phtml

Really the only thing worth noting, is more info at Gamescon, with the rest filled with the usual Kaz bs.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 159   Go Up