SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 06:44:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148414 times)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #375 on: June 15, 2013, 06:10:54 AM »

. Makes me wonder if they would have launched it with the PS4 would they have called it maybe GT6P?  :laugh

Makes me wonder if they're gonna do the same thing and release it before they really want to without all the features they promise really worked out and as I sit here and read everyone geeking out about this game I can't help but think that GT6 is gonna need it's own bitch thread about a year from now when everyone is "disappointed" than x and y features aren't in the game.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #376 on: June 15, 2013, 08:24:54 AM »

I think they're being careful about promises, though I forget specifics about most of what I've read. There are things they've redone as the core of the game....suspension, graphics, tires, aero?, new tracks, new cars....then there are things they are very specifically saying may not be ready for release. I hope people pay attention to this note, weather, time changes, new AI, sounds, maybe some other things (again, I forget), he's specifically saying may not be ready. Don't get too hopeful.

Honestly, if everything they've already done (which I think is ready for July's demo) works as advertised and is kept for full release, I will be happy. Sounds, weather, time, AI....these things don't really concern me.

Also, some need to remember that this is a console 'sim' meant for the masses, not just dedicated sim racers. I believe this will always be the case for the GT series. There are real life based aspects of racing and tuning that PC sims will have and GT won't. Just like Project Cars...it's already suggested (in some posts in 'Other Games') that the PC version will be more 'sim' than the console version. This is just the way it is, IMO.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:29:14 AM by Turbo-Tuna »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #377 on: June 15, 2013, 10:36:56 AM »

At least it looks like most important core parts are already done or at least in very final stages of completedness, that being the physics and graphics engines and basic game functionality.  Of all the things that "might not be ready" for the main release I kind of hope they concentrate on the AI to get that done because that at least could provide a decent offline testing ground and some fun single player racing in the event that servers are down, and it would be nice to actually have fun races instead of chasing the rabbit :).

I'm with Turbo when it comes to Sound and time / weather, it really isn't something I'm hugely worried about either (nor is the AI really) though it will be a nice addition whenever it does arrive.

Still got to play that waiting game but it does at least look promising I think. 

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #378 on: June 15, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »

GT is rated 3+ and I presume it will stay that way.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #379 on: June 15, 2013, 12:31:39 PM »

Sorry, double post.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #380 on: June 16, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »

Has anyone noted that the GT6 Demo is scheduled for July 2? It will be the academy game and contain Only Nissan cars.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-demo-coming-july-2-with-gt-academy-2013/

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #382 on: June 17, 2013, 12:29:51 PM »

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8575240#post8575240

I disagree that GT isn't a social game.  Not so much like The Sims, but it's clearly a social game. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #383 on: June 17, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »

yea, I was perplexed by that comment, too.

I just wonder if he meant like compared to DriveClub and some other games where the main focus is on the social stuff.

So long as the online options are better, and we can share with each other easier, I think it will end up being one of the MOST social games, ever.

But then again, the majority of GT'ers don't play in leagues or join forums such as this one... so for the masses, perhaps the social aspect isn't the most important one.  But for us, I know it will be very crucial for them to get these aspects right.

I have a good feeling we'll be happy with most of what we get, though the game will still feel unfinished in some respects.

But when you're pursuring perfection of an artistic venture (which is hugely what PD does with GT) how can you ever say you are "finished"?

Rather, each GT just gets us closer to the day when there is no difference driving on a virtual vs real car.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #384 on: June 17, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »

I think the social comment / answer might have lost a bit in translation because obviously GT is a social game up to a point.  I took Kaz's response to mean something more along of the lines of that GT6 isn't going to be like DriveClub, meaning we'll get our share of online features and improvements (which are social by nature since it involves interacting with other people) but without all the social media sharing viral network bullshit that DriveClub is doing.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #385 on: June 17, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »

:stoopid:

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #386 on: June 17, 2013, 01:00:30 PM »

there's a guy at the PSN Forum (troll) who would argue that Kaz just announced that in fact there will be no online social capability to the game, becvause he didn't tell us exactly what it is...

I feel vindicated somewhat, because we were arguing about whether the 15th Anniversary non-mention of AI improvements meant that there would be none.  I argued that the initial announcement and not hearing something about a feature, is far too early to get your knickers in a knot.  But I guess his were already wound too tight.

It was funny that I got accused of telling him what he can and cannot say, just because I said it was too early to start complaining about GT6's AI.. you know, since we know NOTHING about it?!?!!

Now, Kaz makes specific statements that the AI wil not be the same as GT5's and that they are aiming for massive improvements, but don't know how much will be ready.  But the key here is that it will be different.  And that info came from E3 which is what I suggested this fellow should wait for before sounding any alarms.  And, we'll hear more at Gamescom and Tokyo.  He just keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper, and looking more and more foolish.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #387 on: June 17, 2013, 04:31:49 PM »

Yeah, GT5 is a racing game that incorporates some social features...which is what I want. The game isn't built around them, but they add a lot to the game, especially for those (us) who try to take advantage of them. I'm optimistic about what we will get this winter.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #388 on: June 18, 2013, 12:38:32 AM »

"And in regards to the rendering engine to the game, what we’ve attempted in Gran Turismo 6 for the PS3 is to really bring in the graphics that is equivalent to the PS4. The features like the adaptive tessellation that we introduced in the trailer will be a feature that’s actually a next-generation type of rendering technology but there’s meaning in bringing that into the PS3."

Well, um, yeah... because adaptive tessellation is built into the graphic chips, so why wouldn't they use it?

"We’ll import what is required for racing in terms of social interactions."

As far as I remember, not all of the social aspects pegged for GT5 made it into that version, so they would just be catching up with what they already had planned earlier.

"Once the players have actually played [out] the game on the PS3 platform, that would be the timing when the next Gran Turismo would come out."

He repeated this in another interview, but this one left out a word which makes what he meant more clear.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #389 on: June 18, 2013, 06:42:34 AM »

"And in regards to the rendering engine to the game, what we’ve attempted in Gran Turismo 6 for the PS3 is to really bring in the graphics that is equivalent to the PS4. The features like the adaptive tessellation that we introduced in the trailer will be a feature that’s actually a next-generation type of rendering technology but there’s meaning in bringing that into the PS3."

Well, um, yeah... because adaptive tessellation is built into the graphic chips, so why wouldn't they use it?

"We’ll import what is required for racing in terms of social interactions."

As far as I remember, not all of the social aspects pegged for GT5 made it into that version, so they would just be catching up with what they already had planned earlier.

"Once the players have actually played [out] the game on the PS3 platform, that would be the timing when the next Gran Turismo would come out."

He repeated this in another interview, but this one left out a word which makes what he meant more clear.

Maybe I'm not paying attention to context, but I interpret this as implying that GT for PS4 won't be released for quite some time. We'll have been playing GT5 for 3 years when GT6 is supposed to be released. Even if 'playing it out' ended a year ago, I can't imagine PD having any urgency to release the next one for two years after GT6. (Except perhaps pressure from Sony)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 159   Go Up