• May 06, 2024, 09:18:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148416 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #405 on: June 20, 2013, 02:29:16 PM »

the snowboarding games and ATV games have had deformed snow for a while, too.

speaking of deformations... I wonder if we'll ever be able to break through that tape protecting us from the cliffs at Eiger!?  I doubt it.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #406 on: June 20, 2013, 02:35:10 PM »

speaking of deformations... I wonder if we'll ever be able to break through that tape protecting us from the cliffs at Eiger!?  I doubt it.

That is just what I need. A 5 minute cut scene of my car tumbling down the mountain side. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #407 on: June 20, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #408 on: June 21, 2013, 12:51:50 AM »

That is just what I need. A 5 minute cut scene of my car tumbling down the mountain side. 

One of the NFS games (after Most Wanted) had some races where you flew off a cliff if you messed up during canyon race........... first time I almost pee'd in a video game
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #409 on: June 24, 2013, 07:44:38 AM »

One of the NFS games (after Most Wanted) had some races where you flew off a cliff if you messed up during canyon race........... first time I almost pee'd in a video game

I believe that was Need For Speed - San Andreas (or something like that) It had mostly downhill winding roads with closing curves and really weird apexes.  Wasn't as much fun as Most Wanted (which, IMHO, was the best of the NFS Series).  My Nephew has the latest version of NFS and it is really fun for an Arcade game.   

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #410 on: June 24, 2013, 10:25:26 AM »

This is what i want with my copy of GT6! :D

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #411 on: June 24, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »

New Preorder info is up on the US website:  http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1064876.html

If I'm reading it right then the basic preorder pack is:

4-Car Pack
- BMW Z4 GT3 '11
- Nissan NISMO GT-R GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13
- Tesla Model S Signature Performance '13
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14

Then there's the 1 million Cr. Amazon preorder bonus:

Amazon Exclusive - $1 Million In-Game Credit
Want to customize and build your own dream Gran Turismo garage? We're confident a $1 Million In-Game Credit will do just that. In addition to getting the mentioned 4-Car pack, Amazon is offering our GT fans $1 Million In-Game Credit directly at start up, allowing you to buy, build, and race your own line-up of cars. Get a jump start in racing against your competitors online by reserving at Amazon.

Gamestop appears to have the best bundle, some kind of 15th Anniversary exclusive edition but I'm not sure if that's just preorder bonuses or like a separate "Special Edition" game that's more expensive (sounds like it's probably the latter):

GameStop Exclusive - 15th Anniversary Edition Upgrade
How would you like to start your Gran Turismo 6 experience this Holiday with 20 unique vehicles? To properly celebrate the 15-year legacy of Gran Turismo, the Gamestop Exclusive 15th Anniversary Edition includes 16 additional cars as well as your own customized paint chips, race suit, helmet, PSN Avatar, and a copy of Beyond the Apex II app. Each of the combined 20 vehicles will have their own unique enhancements, either visually or performance upgrades.

We'll have more information on the 15th Anniversary Edition at a later date. For now, check out the entire line-up of 20 vehicles when you pre-order through GameStop.

I won't copy the full car list (just click the link above) but I think Grumpy's going to be interested in the Gamestop pack mainly because it appears we're getting the 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500!!  I'd already preordered with my Local Gamestop because that's just where I get my games from these days, but I'm definitely going to ask them about this when I go in tomorrow to pick up something for Mrs F.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #412 on: June 24, 2013, 10:37:20 AM »

Seems like this news must have just recently broken as I'm finding more stuff up on other sites now, mroe about the Anniversary Edition here:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/24/gran-turismo-6-anniversary-edition-pre-order-extras-detailed/

Basically it seems like everyone preordering gets 4 free starter cars, Gamestop gets those 4 and another 16 cars, Amazon gets the 4 plus a 1mil credits booster and the Anniversary Edition gets all of that plus Anniversary liveries on the cars (I assume like Chrome lines were for GT5) and all the other fluff.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #413 on: June 24, 2013, 10:43:26 AM »

Thanks Feldynn!

Spotted this news over at the gtplanet! Guess i will be getting the Anniversary Edition!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #414 on: June 24, 2013, 11:06:12 AM »

Awesome! Paint chips!!!!!  I'm getting the anniversary edition for sure now!!!!!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #415 on: June 24, 2013, 11:08:39 AM »

Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 Race Car (2011)
Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car (2008)

More race cars makes me happy!

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #416 on: June 24, 2013, 12:33:11 PM »

Clearly that leg has been photoshopped. That's not real. Holy cow. (kidding, but dang)
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #417 on: June 24, 2013, 12:37:49 PM »

New Preorder info is up on the US website:  http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1064876.html

If I'm reading it right then the basic preorder pack is:

4-Car Pack
- BMW Z4 GT3 '11
- Nissan NISMO GT-R GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13
- Tesla Model S Signature Performance '13
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14

Then there's the 1 million Cr. Amazon preorder bonus:

Amazon Exclusive - $1 Million In-Game Credit
Want to customize and build your own dream Gran Turismo garage? We're confident a $1 Million In-Game Credit will do just that. In addition to getting the mentioned 4-Car pack, Amazon is offering our GT fans $1 Million In-Game Credit directly at start up, allowing you to buy, build, and race your own line-up of cars. Get a jump start in racing against your competitors online by reserving at Amazon.

Gamestop appears to have the best bundle, some kind of 15th Anniversary exclusive edition but I'm not sure if that's just preorder bonuses or like a separate "Special Edition" game that's more expensive (sounds like it's probably the latter):

GameStop Exclusive - 15th Anniversary Edition Upgrade
How would you like to start your Gran Turismo 6 experience this Holiday with 20 unique vehicles? To properly celebrate the 15-year legacy of Gran Turismo, the Gamestop Exclusive 15th Anniversary Edition includes 16 additional cars as well as your own customized paint chips, race suit, helmet, PSN Avatar, and a copy of Beyond the Apex II app. Each of the combined 20 vehicles will have their own unique enhancements, either visually or performance upgrades.

We'll have more information on the 15th Anniversary Edition at a later date. For now, check out the entire line-up of 20 vehicles when you pre-order through GameStop.

I won't copy the full car list (just click the link above) but I think Grumpy's going to be interested in the Gamestop pack mainly because it appears we're getting the 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500!!  I'd already preordered with my Local Gamestop because that's just where I get my games from these days, but I'm definitely going to ask them about this when I go in tomorrow to pick up something for Mrs F.

PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #418 on: June 24, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »

Clearly that leg has been photoshopped. That's not real. Holy cow. (kidding, but dang)

here... I thought he was talking about the shoes!   

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #419 on: June 24, 2013, 02:29:35 PM »

PS FOrum poll for most anticipated game of the year...

http://www.community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series/ct-p/12128

while it doesn't really make much of a difference to any real bottom line, it might be cool if GT6 beats GTA V handily, which looks like its main competitor.

by DaletonaDave posting this on the GT PSN page, it brought GT6 up from a huge deficit and now has a good lead, but let's try to keep it there!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 159   Go Up