SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 05:54:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148411 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #435 on: June 25, 2013, 03:00:22 PM »

I think it's time to add Canada as our biggest state.

no thank you.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #436 on: June 25, 2013, 03:25:48 PM »

no thank you.
Could see that coming from a mile away. In my eyes mx might have had it backwards. Maybe the US is ripe for an invasion from our friends to the north.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #437 on: June 25, 2013, 03:39:04 PM »

no thank you.
Could see that coming from a mile away. In my eyes mx might have had it backwards. Maybe the US is ripe for an invasion from our friends to the north.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0R5DTHcmGU

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #438 on: June 25, 2013, 05:08:37 PM »

Anyone know which version gives you the most stickers?  Maybe as a preorder bonus?

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #439 on: June 25, 2013, 05:12:21 PM »

:zomg2   WHAT!!!   You mean there's paint chips but NO stickers?!    How :fucking cheap is that?!   

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #440 on: June 25, 2013, 05:14:22 PM »

Anyone know which version gives you the most stickers?  Maybe as a preorder bonus?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #441 on: June 25, 2013, 05:20:06 PM »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #442 on: June 26, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »

KY interview. http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/14/how-dangerous-race-driving-helped-sonys-kazunori-yamauchi-design-gran-turismo-6-interview/

I'm sorry, but they still do not understand. Hopefully someone at PD does understand the importance of online.

GamesBeat: Thinking forward, so many games have online interactions, but at least for me, GT has been a very single-player-focused experience. How important is online play for you moving forward?

Yamauchi: Online play is a feature that all games are going to have automatically now. Of course, Gran Turismo is going to have that as a feature. But when you think about it, what’s really important to a Real Driving Simulator isn’t that kind of competition. Online features are something that we have to have, but that’s not going to be the part of the game that will be the deciding factor for most people. The basic simulation is still the core of the game.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #443 on: June 26, 2013, 05:39:12 PM »

There was another interview like that not so long ago where Kaz was reported as saying "Gran Turismo is not a social game.." or something very similar to that.  I think with both interviews it's a case of something being lost in translation a bit, with this one specifically I think Kaz just means that online isn't going to be the sole focus of the game and the main reason for buying it.

It's a necessary part of the game experience as a whole but not the driving force behind it per se, from our point of view would we all be here on this board if GT wasn't the simulation type game that it is?  I don't think we would be because I think that simulation aspect is one of the biggest draws for us, of course we'd probably all still be here but at the Supa Tuna Forza Universe (STFU, haha!) discussing a different simulation type game instead :).

I think that's more likely what Kaz is getting at, not that online isn't important to the game but that the big draw is the simulation aspect of it. 

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #444 on: June 26, 2013, 06:14:31 PM »

There was another interview like that not so long ago where Kaz was reported as saying "Gran Turismo is not a social game.." or something very similar to that.  I think with both interviews it's a case of something being lost in translation a bit, with this one specifically I think Kaz just means that online isn't going to be the sole focus of the game and the main reason for buying it.

It's a necessary part of the game experience as a whole but not the driving force behind it per se, from our point of view would we all be here on this board if GT wasn't the simulation type game that it is?  I don't think we would be because I think that simulation aspect is one of the biggest draws for us, of course we'd probably all still be here but at the Supa Tuna Forza Universe (STFU, haha!) discussing a different simulation type game instead :).

I think that's more likely what Kaz is getting at, not that online isn't important to the game but that the big draw is the simulation aspect of it. 

I read it like they were forced to do it and not something they themselves cared too much about. It is probably why the games online net code is such crap. Where sometimes you wind up feeling like your driving through syrup.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #445 on: June 26, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »

Hmm good point Dude, it does kind of sound like that too now you mention it.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #446 on: June 26, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »

It's a necessary part of the game experience as a whole but not the driving force behind it per se, from our point of view would we all be here on this board if GT wasn't the simulation type game that it is?  I don't think we would be because I think that simulation aspect is one of the biggest draws for us, of course we'd probably all still be here but at the
Supa Tuna Forza Universe (STFU, haha!) discussing a different simulation type game instead :).

I think this is what he means as well.

Also 
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #447 on: June 27, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »

I think he's talking about the massive numbers of people who buy his games who do not end up at sites like this one or others where people actually get to know each other.

we are what, perhaps .00001% of the people who bought the game disc?

Lucky for us, their infatuation with buying the newest bestest game that comeeth outeth funds our precious hobby.  He's got to attract those types to the game or we'd have no game, or much less of one.

So basically, I think Kaz was referring to the fact that most people don't end up spending all their time playing GT online.  Only a portion of purchasers go online more than a few times.  Many of those who do drop off as soon as a new game is bought by their mommies.  What is left is the serious racer and serious community member.

For our subset of gamers, which is rather small by comparison, online is probably 75% or more of what we are interested in for future GTs, but if they made it JUST for us, they'd sell a lot less copies, and PD would not have the funds to build out the next game which admitedly our sub-set of gamer benefits from more than the casual ones.

LOL @ STFU!!!!!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #448 on: June 29, 2013, 09:52:10 AM »

So I'm mercilessly stealing this post from GT Planet and just copy / pasting it here because I'm lazy like that :).

http://simhqmotorsports.com/wp/feature-e3-2013-recap-part-i-gran-turismo-6/

This is a part the section with Sony producer

Taku Imasaki Interview

The two motorsports equipment companies, KW Suspension and Yokohama racing tires, are providing Polyphony Digital some critical real-world data for GT6.
That data is being used to refine the suspension and tire models of the GT6 game engine’s chassis physics algorithm, improving the way the game models suspension geometry changes during gameplay.
Likewise, new and more detailed aerodynamics data has also been gathered to help remodel the aero portion of the game engine. In fact, Taku told us that after E3 the team was headed north to Willow Springs Raceway with some vehicles and data logging gear to capture even more car telemetry data.

While waiting for one of his turns at the GT6 cockpit sleds, Chunx noticed the tire temperature and wear graphic overlay for GT6 would heat up when cars were sliding through hard corners, but cool off to normal in only a few seconds. It was reminiscent of how critical injuries in games like Call of Duty recover in only a few seconds − certainly not realistic from a simulation perspective. Taku addressed that, saying that tire wear in GT6′s “Hard Core” mode will allow the player to adjust wear rates and how they respond to abuse.

On the subject of multiplayer, Chunx mentioned that one inhibitor to sim racing groups hosting online events on consoles was the lack of options in setting up races. Taku told us that this is being addressed in GT6, where it will be easier to set up hosting races with more host options, allowing hosts to customize races to suit their needs. We asked about Multi-Class racing, and were told that while there will be multi-class racing in GT6, there won’t be a way for the game itself to conduct multi-class race scoring (i.e. class winners).

When asked about supported wheels, Taku listed off the usual suspects from Logitech and Thrustmaster.
When asked about Fanatec wheels, Taku reminded us that sadly Fanatec doesn’t have an SDK, so that company’s wheels are interpreted by the game in a generic manner similar to a game pad. Fanatec wheels will work, but not as well as they could if specifically tailored to the game.

Regarding AI, the new suspension model (mentioned above) is applied to the AI cars, so Taku tells us you’ll see more AI car suspension movement and they’ll react accordingly. AI will race with each other, and will get aggressive with you if you get aggressive with them. To quote Taku, you won’t see any “ducks in a row” AI racing in GT6.

To our surprise, Taku then started to reverse-interview Chunx and SeanManly, asking the SimHQ Motorsports team what tracks they might want to see developed for GT6. The two offered up some US tracks that appeal to amateur racers and pros alike, such as Buttonwillow, Mid Ohio, Road Atlanta,
and Mosport. We’ll see where that goes, but Taku was clearly interested in the discussion.

Some interesting points there.

Edit:  Fixed the link.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:14:04 PM by Feldynn »

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #449 on: June 29, 2013, 12:03:55 PM »