SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 05:14:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148408 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #495 on: July 11, 2013, 11:56:13 AM »

to those concerned that this venue can't offer actual "racing" for us, I think what they've done here is partially to say thanks and strengthen the partnership between Kazanori and the organizers of the Goodwood events, and partially to provide more of a glorified photo mode location.

It's sort of a hybrid between a photo location and a track location.

That might mean it's counted among the 37 locations figure we've heard about, but I don't think it was a mistake to do this.  As MastrGT said, it "brings class" to the release and was a very natural fit and easy to reproduce because PD staff very likely follow Kaz to these events and were walking around taking pictures anyway.

In other words, I don't think that including this small location (relatively speaking) kept them from including another thing we'd want more.

On the possibility of Pikes Peak at release -- I'd say not likely because there is a guy at the PSN forum who lives near there and would spot the white vans of Japanese taking pics of the area.  He has yet to report anything worthwhile...

But I would LOVE to see a fully paved Pikes, and one partially paved and one with full dirt, to preserve what history has now erased.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #496 on: July 11, 2013, 12:54:15 PM »

On the possibility of Pikes Peak at release -- I'd say not likely because there is a guy at the PSN forum who lives near there and would spot the white vans of Japanese taking pics of the area.  He has yet to report anything worthwhile...

But I would LOVE to see a fully paved Pikes, and one partially paved and one with full dirt, to preserve what history has now erased.

Ah but you forget the mysterious Red Bull web page that was quickly removed.  They talked about actually going up Pike's Peak in GT5.  Who knows why they never released it.

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #497 on: July 11, 2013, 01:39:01 PM »

i would be down right delighted it there was a track builder that would let you adjust everything on the racing surface from camber to width to where the bumps are at let alone the turns straights and hills even the surface. then bitching about lack of specific tracks missing from game would be extinguished slightly.
KAZ, I WANT MORE CIRCLE TRACKS.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #498 on: July 11, 2013, 01:52:43 PM »

Yeah, that Motegi oval track is pretty awesome. I use it for all my tune testing.   ;)
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #499 on: July 11, 2013, 02:54:55 PM »

Yeah, that Motegi oval track is pretty awesome. I use it for all my tune testing.   ;)

They have an oval at Motegi? 

;D

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #500 on: July 11, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »

Couple more vids from the GFoS:

Goodwood GT6

Goodwood GT6 - vid2

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #501 on: July 11, 2013, 05:12:06 PM »

Cool, I'm pretty good with 3 point turns too.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #502 on: July 11, 2013, 05:48:43 PM »

I think from the GT Planet post those videos were in the Delta Wing was being driven by an 8 year old :), what I notice was how the cockpit view in that particular car can lull you into a false sense of width because the front of the car is that much thinner than the rear is.  You could see at the end where they tried to get really tight to the wall / hay bales on that right hander that they forgot about that and were using the nose as the width guage, snagged that big butt on the wall and spun around.. right round.. like a record baby, round, round, right round :lolz

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #503 on: July 12, 2013, 08:20:51 AM »

Ah but you forget the mysterious Red Bull web page that was quickly removed.  They talked about actually going up Pike's Peak in GT5.  Who knows why they never released it.

I didn't know about that.  Maybe there is hope?

I think from the GT Planet post those videos were in the Delta Wing was being driven by an 8 year old :), what I notice was how the cockpit view in that particular car can lull you into a false sense of width because the front of the car is that much thinner than the rear is.  You could see at the end where they tried to get really tight to the wall / hay bales on that right hander that they forgot about that and were using the nose as the width guage, snagged that big butt on the wall and spun around.. right round.. like a record baby, round, round, right round

I hadn't thought of that... it WILL be hard to use the whole road and always stay off the grassy stuff.  If we drive it a lot then we should get a feel of where it is, but it will take some getting used to, I'm sure.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #504 on: July 12, 2013, 09:42:16 AM »

I think from the GT Planet post those videos were in the Delta Wing was being driven by an 8 year old :), what I notice was how the cockpit view in that particular car can lull you into a false sense of width because the front of the car is that much thinner than the rear is.  You could see at the end where they tried to get really tight to the wall / hay bales on that right hander that they forgot about that and were using the nose as the width guage, snagged that big butt on the wall and spun around.. right round.. like a record baby, round, round, right round

I had to keep the same thing in mind when I had a crew cab, longbed dually. Gotta watch out for that big caboose.

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #505 on: July 12, 2013, 11:46:22 AM »

at least now we'll have an excuse for bumping cabooses all over the track

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #506 on: July 12, 2013, 12:02:12 PM »

at least now we'll have an excuse for bumping cabooses all over the track

I smell an evnet.  ;D

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #507 on: July 14, 2013, 11:15:39 AM »

Well, somebody had to spin the wheel. I hope SCEA doesn't get mad at me.

I was in my local EB Games and discussed not seeing any new copies of GT5 on the shelves since last year. I was told they had some new copies in recently, but that the SKU had just been marked as discontinued, so only used copies from now on.

Then the conversation turned to GT6 and I was told the order system had just been updated for a bunch of titles for October 31st, including GT6. That is just two weeks before the European revealed date in mid-November, which would make sense for pushing PS3 titles before people get distracted.

So, right or wrong, that's what I learned today. The timing aspects of this feel good.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #508 on: July 14, 2013, 12:04:06 PM »

How dare you share information that was given to you on the floor of a games dealer! You're a bad man!

You're not the leak here, EB Games is.

the order system had just been updated for a bunch of titles for October 31st

Does this refer to release dates or something else?

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #509 on: July 14, 2013, 12:47:49 PM »

The problem with the 31st is that it isn't a Tuesday. How likely is SONY going to release a bunch of titles on the wrong day? I should have consulted a calendar first.  :-[

However, I do like to idea of getting 6 in October.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 159   Go Up