• May 06, 2024, 09:17:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148416 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #510 on: July 14, 2013, 01:19:52 PM »

I could be wrong but I believe The Last of Us was released on a Friday,  at least my receipt says 6/14 on it and I'm pretty sure I picked it up the day since I had it preordered.

Could be they plan to release GT6 on Thursday night / Friday morning since Oct 31rd is a Thursday, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to picking it up on a Friday :D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #511 on: July 14, 2013, 03:10:16 PM »

I'm all for a Thursday or Friday release.  It would make it easier for me to take time off work.  Still personally, I'm expecting a Thanksgivingish release date similar to GT5.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #512 on: July 15, 2013, 07:53:45 AM »

perhaps kaz is trying to do the opposite of what he did last time?  Tell us it's coming "soon" and it actually arrives "sooner"?

a boy can dream...

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #513 on: July 16, 2013, 10:51:16 AM »

Not exactly GT6, but it is a neat video of the real Nissan GT-R GT3 doing the Goodwood Hill Climb..

Gran Turismo 6 - Goodwood Hill Climb Race Track - Festival of Speed

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #514 on: July 16, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »

Not exactly GT6, but it is a neat video of the real Nissan GT-R GT3 doing the Goodwood Hill Climb..

Looks like it's as much a bitch to drive as KY's Nurb car.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #515 on: July 16, 2013, 11:26:53 AM »

Looks like it's as much a bitch to drive as KY's Nurb car.

yea, might be.  at the very least, that hill climb in GT6 should demonstrate the same type of need to constantly correct the car as we see in that video.  meaning... that it has a much less smooth surface than it appears to have.

on the Nurb car we had a recent TT in, I know a lot of us commented on how the front and rear tires were different.  That might have been a way for the team to try and map the old system to the new one.  They were probably trying to mimick some characteristic that GT6's physics, by then already decided upon, will include.

That does not mean that GT6 will d rive that horribly.  I think what it means is that they failed miserably at making GT5 drive more like GT6.  That's what we get when PD abandons the "purist" aproach.  Rue the day!  PD seem to have the best success when they just make any one thing be exactly what it should be, and then in tandem, lock all of those things together into a system and do some tweaking.  WHen they try to make a thing some other thing, they fail.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #516 on: July 16, 2013, 12:23:35 PM »

Am I as surprised as everyone else that Ronin hasn't "critiqued" this video yet?  We need an expert in GT-AAAARRRRRRRS to shed some light.  :D

C'mon, Ronin, Step up to the plate, son, don't be bashful!   No "DIG" intended.

(I HONESTLY WANT to hear what he has to say - He's such a BIG BTR  GTR fan). 8)

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #517 on: July 18, 2013, 05:26:14 AM »

just found this on youtube boys this however is gt6 or what gt6 will look like at goodwood GT6 Concept Movie #3 2013 Goodwood - Extended Version
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #518 on: August 08, 2013, 04:21:53 PM »

Now that the Academy is over, is anyone else concerned by the drifting occurring in the top times?  I have a hard time believing that is realistic.  I hope it is something that they are working on.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #519 on: August 08, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »

Now that the Academy is over, is anyone else concerned by the drifting occurring in the top times?  I have a hard time believing that is realistic.  I hope it is something that they are working on.

or this
GT Academy 2013 370Z 360 degree flip

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #520 on: August 09, 2013, 07:36:12 AM »

not really, as most of it was a 4 wheel drift not really what you would call "drifting" which helped merely to lose traction for a moment and change the attitude of your vehicle so that you can exit the corner sooner.

there were some unrealistic drifty kinds of maneuvers on the very high speed corners, Abbey and Coppes I think?

Wizard could explain better I think.  But it is a realistic physics trick that real cars can do too.  They just usually don't because you have to be so precise and the margin for error and its consequences are more "real" in real life.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #521 on: August 09, 2013, 10:33:32 AM »

If I ever implied that what I thought was going on in the GTA TT was realistic, that was certainly not my intent.  The point I was trying to make was that it simply wasn't "drifting" as some people were calling it.  To me, drifting is more about throttle control, "power on", powering through corners.  The technique that was being used in the TT was more about brake control, "power off", diving into corners.  I'd call it a "trail brake slide".

I seriously doubt that "trail brake slide" is a real thing so I don't think that technique was very realistic, and it does worry me a bit.  To add to that, the fact that the top guys in the new bonus event with the Schulze GT-R are using the handbrake, worries me even more.  Using the handbrake is the fastest way around a track?  In a race car with racing tires?  No way.

All that being said, it only worries me for the future of time trialing.  If that technique was used during a race with tire wear on, you'd be pitting every 3 laps as you'd be scrubbing off rubber like crazy.

The tire model is and has seemingly always been the weak point of GT's physics model as a whole.  I hope it changes, but from what I've seen so far I'm not getting my hopes up.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:36:09 AM by TunaWiz »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #522 on: August 09, 2013, 11:34:50 AM »

BTW, I'm not arguing against "calling" it drifting, as I understand that it's just easier to do so and everyone knows what you're talking about.  I've been calling it drifting sometimes myself.

I'm arguing against that it actually is drifting, as some people (not here) were saying it was.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #523 on: August 09, 2013, 12:23:57 PM »

ditto on the hand-brake, though I did use it for one of my runs (probably not my best one) to save from going into the illegal zone at the end of the track.

on the power-off drift, if a car has enough momentum to be carried forward, and you use steering and trail braking to get the car moved, a very tiny amount of throttle to help rotate, and lose a small amount of traction, does not seem unrealistic to me.  But I am no racer and have no physics degree.

But at the same time I do have a very good layperson's understanding of physics, and it seems that  there is a very small window of grip where losing it for just a moment at just the right moment, would be beneficial.  Those top time-racer seemed to know how to hit that more often than the rest of us, and string a few of them into one lap better than the rest of us.

That takes a high degree of skill so I'm okay with it.  If it were more of the typical and highly animated "drift" that we usually think of such as in the drift trials, then I would be the first to say it isn't realistic.

I was actually arguing the opposite until Rated-M3, who lately has probably been in real cars more than GT cars within the past year or so, was insisting it is something he and others may do to get around very tight corners.

In a race, just like the hand-brake "aid", it would not be a good idea to do.  But on a time trial, the phsysics seem sound.

I still maintain that overall, GT6 penalizes loss of grip more severely than GT5 does, so I think we're in for a big improvement.

And since neither of us has final say in the physics realism of that pseudo-slide technique, I wonder if PD will simply gather all of the feedback from this demo, and some feedback post-release, to improve upon the tire model.

Don't get your hopes up, as you said, but don't count it out either ;)

Brindle

« Reply #524 on: August 09, 2013, 01:22:01 PM »

All I will add is did anyone notice the tire icons of the top guys.  Red was all I saw.  Guess I'm a noob, but every pc sim I have played (only 3 different ones) will penalize you hard if you run your car like that.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 159   Go Up