SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 05:11:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148437 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #570 on: August 20, 2013, 07:21:33 PM »

Pretty cool shot of the 15th Anniversary cars...

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #571 on: August 20, 2013, 08:12:23 PM »

Pretty cool shot of the 15th Anniversary cars...

Indeed.

Be nice if that was a photomode location.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #572 on: August 20, 2013, 11:54:33 PM »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #573 on: August 21, 2013, 12:05:41 AM »

Looks Matterhorny to me, but I could be wrong.  

I thought the same but wasn't Matterhorn all snowy?    

Based on that, here's some wild speculation for ya...   could that mean there's seasons?

On a related note, the online screenshot shows autumn ring at 15C while I'm pretty sure there was a previous screenshot showed either 6 or 8 degrees.  So at least we could be getting temperature changes on the track.

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #574 on: August 21, 2013, 04:39:48 AM »

Looks Matterhorny to me, but I could be wrong.  

I thought the same but wasn't Matterhorn all snowy?    

Based on that, here's some wild speculation for ya...   could that mean there's seasons?

On a related note, the online screenshot shows autumn ring at 15C while I'm pretty sure there was a previous screenshot showed either 6 or 8 degrees.  So at least we could be getting temperature changes on the track.

Hopefully that means we get changes in grip levels based on aforementioned temperatures. That would be critical, especially at a place like Apricot Hill. ;)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #575 on: August 21, 2013, 07:42:36 AM »

Stole from GTP. Pics were taken by a guy at Gamescon.

Notice the time change, and weather icons on some of the tracks.

Cars we've seen already...

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #576 on: August 21, 2013, 07:48:59 AM »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #578 on: August 21, 2013, 08:35:40 AM »

this is exactly the kind of update most of us really wanted.  Not just more sexy videos (but who can deny they got the lotion out?).

Some thoughts about what we can see from these screenshots:

We can apparently now text message only 1 person or the entire room.

Room host is not listed at the top of the list.  Could indicate that person in charge can be handed off, because the list isn't alpha-sorted.

Checkered Flag icon usually means "Start Race" in GT5.  There doesn't appear to be an inter Enter Course button, so this checkered button must be to enter the course, which might confuse players who will accidentally click the next checkered flag they see upon entering the pits.  In open lobbies it will likely still be grey for non-hosts, but in Private Lobbies confusion could ensue.

Watch Race.  Can't tell more than just what it is.

Car Inspections???  That third button on the left seems to be something new, and being that it is separated from the rest of the menu, along with start and watch, probably indicates it has something to do with starting the race, which checking peoples' cars would fit with.  That would be a very welcome addition.

Chat button.  Self-explanatory.  See comment #1.

People button?  Is that to decide who you're going to chat with or maybe invite people more easily?  Or maybe to boot people?  Can't really tell much from the screenshot.  It's too bad the little hint bubble didn't get captured with the cursor in this pic!

Save Replay and View Race Results appear to now be separate buttons.

Slider button - One can only guess, but it could be a place where ALL lounge settings are housed in one location, making it one stop insead of three, to set up a lobby. (actually, examining the 2nd screenshot makes me believe that's exactly what this is.)

Garage.  Obviously.

Driver settings, probably what we've seen in the past.  Aids and tires and such.

Tuning button.  Can't wait to see what's under THAT hood :)

And a guy running away from the race.  Button is now on the right like many GT menus.

Access to START button menu.  This indicates that many of the game's functions will be available while in the lounge.  Hopefully controller options can be changed while in the lounge.

Viewing the player's name and car simultaneously is now built in.  A player's car appears blank until they've picked one.

It is not clear whether track conditions such as weather will be choosable for all tracks, or whether a default setting is just displayed for those tracks we cannot set it for.  Actually 2nd screenshot proves this option is going to be available for Autumn Ring at the very least.

Time Trials, Drift Trials, and qualifying rounds !!!!

Create custom races and SAVE SETTINGS and share with others!!!!!

Left Pane - it is not clear whether this is being done prior to the st art of the lobby, or whether things like chat quality, # max players, etc. will be able to be changed during the session with participants already present.  That would be really nice though.

This screen actually confirms that time change will be available for Autumn Ring and makes it more likely that all tracks will have the feature.  Perhaps not full 24hr cycle, but time change nonetheless.  (Progression x2 means there is time change)

Also confirms that Autumn ring will feature weather, otherwise it couldn't have a Good/Bad wether setting at around 50%.  A track without the feature would have a Good setting only.

The L1 R1 button indication on the top of the screen lends us to believe that these two panes are only two of many.  That bodes well for those of us who want a LOT of control over our lobbies.

Conclusion:  Getting the lotion back out for a bit ;)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #579 on: August 21, 2013, 11:47:35 AM »

Naturally its just speculation but regarding that third button Ex.  I suspect it would a way to confirm your car matches/meets the rules of the race and similar to trying to enter a seasonal in GT5 with an illegal car it would more or less identify the part/options that are out of compliance.

If so that would be pretty handy.  How many times have we all tried to enter a non-tuning race with a car that we thought was unmodded only to find it won't let you. Leaving a person with no choice but to try another car of search through all the options to try and find what setting the game doe snot like.

Also is that a active track map on the room home page?  Kinda would be nice to see where people are at on the track before jumping in. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #580 on: August 21, 2013, 12:56:52 PM »

Naturally its just speculation but regarding that third button Ex.  I suspect it would a way to confirm your car matches/meets the rules of the race and similar to trying to enter a seasonal in GT5 with an illegal car it would more or less identify the part/options that are out of compliance.

If so that would be pretty handy.  How many times have we all tried to enter a non-tuning race with a car that we thought was unmodded only to find it won't let you. Leaving a person with no choice but to try another car of search through all the options to try and find what setting the game doe snot like.

That could be, but I'd rather hope it is a way to referee the cars and see what people have equiped etc.  I'd be okay with just entering the course rejecting you like it does now.  If they give you an option to just pick "reset car to default settings" just for that one race, it would also solve the problem of not knowing what on your car is causing you to be rejected.  Heck, those of us who run events and race regularly still have trouble figuring it out, so a noob would just be turned away by that p roblem.

Also is that a active track map on the room home page?  Kinda would be nice to see where people are at on the track before jumping in. 

I do not know, but I think it is just a smaller version of the screen we have in GT5 so that more screen real estate can be used for more buttons.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #581 on: August 21, 2013, 05:33:55 PM »

From some dude that had a press pass at Gamescom...

"Not all tracks will have day/night and weather, only a few infact (those already known)

Livery editor not confirmed but something is in store for Tokyo Game Show, wait till then for an announcement.

Track editor will allow a track on a 100 km by 100 km area."

That last one seems a little hard to believe.  That's 62 miles x 62 miles.   However the guy said he checked his tape again and translator guy did indeed say 100 km x 100 km

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #582 on: August 21, 2013, 07:38:17 PM »

That's gotta be 10²   I think translation or communication error.

Meanwhile, I really, really wish Circuit Ricardo Tormo (Valencia) would make a comeback to the series. :bummer

Such a great track.  Loved it in Tourist Trophy, GT PSP, Race 07, etc.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #583 on: August 21, 2013, 08:21:06 PM »

See if I can get this broke up correctly, by the quotes.

eran0004 View Post
Any chance that's 10x10 instead of 100x100? Because 100x100 km is huge. I mean, if you drive in 200 km/h it would take half an hour to get from one end to the other. The straights on Route X are 10 km long, for comparison.
gNNY---I checked the audio and here's what was said:
Translator-San
An area of 100 km by 100 km will be available for the users to layout their tracks freely on
gNNY---Now of course I don't know if something got lost in translation there but that's what Translator-San said.

As for customizing the car, Kaz said that they haved worked something out which they will most likely reveal at Tokyo Game Show. It will most likely not go to the full extend that most requesters want it to go so don't get your hopes up high. But I'm pretty sure it's going to be more than what we have right now. However, we'll have to wait until later for an official answer on that.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #584 on: August 22, 2013, 02:26:31 PM »

Some notes from a new interview posted over at GTP...

- Although Kazunori would like for all of the tracks to have day/night changes, it’s not possible to bring that feature to all of them.

- Spa Francorchamps, Daytona, and the updated Apricot Hill course will all have day/night transitions.

- The Course Maker in GT6 is “fundamentally different” from GT5.

- Users will be able to “lay out their [custom] tracks freely” in an area of over 100 square kilometers.

"When asked (in somewhat broken English) if players will be able to customize cars with their own “photos”, “beyond just colors”, in GT6, Kazunori confirmed this is “something they are working on right now,” and mentions that more information on the feature will be revealed at the Tokyo Game Show. Kazunori wisely tempers expectations, however, noting that he “does not think a full livery editor be available”.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 159   Go Up