• May 06, 2024, 09:40:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148419 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #585 on: August 22, 2013, 02:41:07 PM »

Preorder details appear to have changed slightly:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/preorder/

It seems like they changed around the pre-order bonus cars a little, now everyone gets a 5-car pack of 15th Anniversary cars with the Gamestop Anniversary Upgrade getting 25 cars (5 everyone gets plus 20 additional).  Also I notice the BMW Z4 GT3 car is no longer on the preorder list, hopefully it's still in the game and was just removed from the preorder bundle because PD went with a 15th Anniversary livery on all cars but BMW wouldn't allow it on theirs or something.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #586 on: August 22, 2013, 05:06:50 PM »

Interesting interview with Kaz I stumbled on over at GTP:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/22/gran-turismo-6s-director-talks.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Official championships and special championships orgranised by Community Managers.. I really enjoyed the officialness and structure of iRacing but as cool as this sounds my initial thought is that it'll turn into a massive clusterfuck of whiney console kids causing unnecessary drama and generally spoiling it for the rest of us. 

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Maybe this means there will be some kind of driver rating system that tracks progress and keeps score of how safely we drive both on and offline.

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #587 on: August 22, 2013, 05:21:56 PM »

Interesting interview with Kaz I stumbled on over at GTP:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/22/gran-turismo-6s-director-talks.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Official championships and special championships orgranised by Community Managers.. I really enjoyed the officialness and structure of iRacing but as cool as this sounds my initial thought is that it'll turn into a massive clusterfuck of whiney console kids causing unnecessary drama and generally spoiling it for the rest of us. 

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Maybe this means there will be some kind of driver rating system that tracks progress and keeps score of how safely we drive both on and offline.

Hmm.... i have a couple of ideas for using that feature but those are closely gaurded secrets.... until further R&D is done. ;)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #588 on: August 22, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »

Interesting interview:

Will Tourist Trophy return for GT 6?

I can't say no. [Laughter]

DLC? Not that I would be too interested.

The online championships are going to be very very hard to pull off.  To do it properly you either need stewards watching the races to enforce rules or some sort of safety rating system in place like iRacing.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #589 on: August 22, 2013, 05:53:34 PM »

The experience system doesn't exist in GT 6,

Yay!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #590 on: August 22, 2013, 06:31:42 PM »

I'm hoping the championships thing is just like TunaCup.  But instead of one of us having to spend shitloads of time watching replays, writing shit down, calculating timing and scores, the game will do all of that for us.  

That would be a very welcome addition.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #591 on: September 05, 2013, 12:29:40 PM »

yea, wiz, that's how I read it too.  I think there will be customizable championships AND official contests of some sort.  I agree there is reason for pause when thinking of how whiney kids will participate.

new article on GTP

http://www.gtplanet.net/toyota-yaris-hybrid-r-feat​ures-gt6s-gps-data-logger/

“Also borrowed from the GT 86 is the CAN-Gateway ECU system that allows drivers to download onto a USB or smartphone racing data collected while driving on the track. The driver can then transfer this to the upcoming Gran Turismo 6 Playstation video game. GPS data, longitudinal accelerations, steering angles, gear changes, engine speed, vehicle speed and even water temperature are used to reproduce a real lap of the track inside the game and which can then be played virtually.”

I Find that very interesting, and something that seems to be missed as a take-away from this blurb is that water temp factors into GT6 in some way.

I'm asking myself "how would a real car's water temp affect how a virtual car goes around the virtual track?" and the only answer I can come up with is that they decided to put engine temp (water temp is essentially the same thing) into the game's car performance model.  They could have just forced the car in the recreated lap to make all of the same maneuvers that the real GPS data indicates, but instead they felt there was a reason to use the water temp, and I can't think of any reason other than that there will be engine heat factoring into your car's performance.  At least under the hood.  Hopefully it will be a guage too!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #592 on: September 05, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

yea, wiz, that's how I read it too.  I think there will be customizable championships AND official contests of some sort.  I agree there is reason for pause when thinking of how whiney kids will participate.

new article on GTP

http://www.gtplanet.net/toyota-yaris-hybrid-r-feat​ures-gt6s-gps-data-logger/

“Also borrowed from the GT 86 is the CAN-Gateway ECU system that allows drivers to download onto a USB or smartphone racing data collected while driving on the track. The driver can then transfer this to the upcoming Gran Turismo 6 Playstation video game. GPS data, longitudinal accelerations, steering angles, gear changes, engine speed, vehicle speed and even water temperature are used to reproduce a real lap of the track inside the game and which can then be played virtually.”

I Find that very interesting, and something that seems to be missed as a take-away from this blurb is that water temp factors into GT6 in some way.

I'm asking myself "how would a real car's water temp affect how a virtual car goes around the virtual track?" and the only answer I can come up with is that they decided to put engine temp (water temp is essentially the same thing) into the game's car performance model.  They could have just forced the car in the recreated lap to make all of the same maneuvers that the real GPS data indicates, but instead they felt there was a reason to use the water temp, and I can't think of any reason other than that there will be engine heat factoring into your car's performance.  At least under the hood.  Hopefully it will be a guage too!

iRacing uses water temperature.  If your engine gets too hot it can blow, as I've found out.  I think in races with close drafting like Nascar, temperatures can be an issue as well.

This gps logger would be a great idea if GT had more than a handful of real life tracks.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #593 on: September 06, 2013, 08:36:38 AM »

I hear ya... on content, at least they are starting somewhere.  I'd imagine this is a feature which will evolve over several GT's... also, there is a remote (very remote IMO) possibility that this could feed into the track editor.

I never considered Draft affecting temps, but that makes sense as there is less new clean air being forced into the engine bay when drafting.  There's negative pressure so an engine could even lose some air pressure and not run as well.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #594 on: September 06, 2013, 09:07:23 AM »

I wish they'd give us fewer Skylines, more real tracks and a more stable online experience than worrying about water temperature.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #595 on: September 06, 2013, 10:17:28 AM »

I wish they'd give us fewer Skylines, more real tracks and a more stable online experience than worrying about water temperature.

this^

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #596 on: September 06, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »

I'm starting to wonder sometimes if PD is getting a little sidetracked with the whole "real world integration" project and maybe not concentrating on the whole "videogame" side of things as much as they could / should be.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #597 on: September 06, 2013, 11:33:57 AM »

I'm starting to wonder sometimes if PD is getting a little sidetracked with the whole "real world integration" project and maybe not concentrating on the whole "videogame" side of things as much as they could / should be.

They do seem out of touch. The one thing that gives this game a long life span is online. This allows them to sell their precious and profitable DLC. Yet online was not even included with GT5 initial release.   

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #598 on: September 06, 2013, 11:36:25 AM »

It is like some sort of OCD. They get hung up on details while failing to see the big picture.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #599 on: September 06, 2013, 11:56:48 AM »

It is like some sort of OCD. They get hung up on details while failing to see the big picture.

that's it exactly... I can't tell you how many wise people in the world of GT have said exactly that.

However, I would point out that this GPS integration thingy has been in production for years and only is reportedly now being implemented.  That couldn't have been one of their highest priorities compared to other stuff, if it took so long and is a "peripheral" type of feature.

Along with each iteration of GT, comes some new "edge" technology as they call it.  After many GT's have come and gone, they will have completely bridged the gap between real and virtual.  Baby steps, of course.

On the larger point, though, I agree that PD doesn't see the forest through the trees on many issues.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 159   Go Up