SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 02:39:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148432 times)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #600 on: September 10, 2013, 06:41:31 AM »

They did announce that they are improving on-line, so don't go throwing out the baby with the bathwater just yet.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #601 on: September 10, 2013, 07:46:37 AM »

right, because if they've improved online AT ALL, just imagine what we can do with it when you'all did so much with Prologue which barely even had online, and GT5 and all of the thousands of races we've all done.

And from the screenshots (pictured earlier in this thread I believe) of the online lounge and its buttons, it appears we can assume and deduce many things about online which will be better than before.

How well will it function on release?  My guess is a lot better than GT5's worst times, but maybe not perfect.

We'll very likely still be beta testors of sorts and help PD figure out how to optimize the service over the first few months.

There WILL be growing pains, but I'd be very surprised if we didn't get somethign a lot better than what we have now in terms of online racing capabilities.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #602 on: September 10, 2013, 08:12:12 AM »

Pre-ordered on Amazon AND Gamestop (wanted the $1M startup cash TOO)

Also also, for those with friends interested in GT; Amazon has a 500GB GT5 bundle for $369.99...

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #603 on: September 10, 2013, 12:43:52 PM »

Also also, for those with friends interested in GT; Amazon has a 500GB GT5 bundle for $369.99...

Thanks, Charlie.... Wow! what a bargain, eh? A new/old platform with a game for under 400 bucks

Does anybody remember the cost of a PS2? (Which, BTW, My ORIGINAL PS2 STILL works, whereas I've been though 3 PS3's) >:(

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #604 on: September 10, 2013, 12:47:19 PM »

I think I paid $299 for an original PS2.  I was working for a Blockbuster Video franchise at the time and our first order of 50 brand new PS2s managed to never make it to our offices.  It seems the shipper misplaced them after the truck left the dock.      So I had to settle for the second shipment.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #605 on: September 10, 2013, 12:57:18 PM »

I think I paid $299 for an original PS2. 

:stoopid:

I got one of the first 33 that were sold from my local walmart, thanks to my wife. It's still hooked up, and fully functional.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #606 on: September 10, 2013, 04:40:51 PM »

I think I paid $299 for an original PS2.  I was working for a Blockbuster Video franchise at the time and our first order of 50 brand new PS2s managed to never make it to our offices.  It seems the shipper misplaced them after the truck left the dock.      So I had to settle for the second shipment.

It's really hard for me to believe that I paid over $249 for mine (PS2).  It worked fine (still does) for the last 8 (?) years.  The PS3's are notoriously UNRELIABLE P.O.S. and Sony should have done a better job of supporting their engineering/manufacturing shortcomings.  I mean, what the FUCK ?  All the money they have made since the advent of the "Walkman" and they couldn't work out a solution to the PS3 solder issue? (Horse shit).  I guess once you make a boatload of money, you don't want to spend any, eh?  Cheap Corksoakers.  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:42:24 PM by TunahCroonah »

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #607 on: September 10, 2013, 04:44:15 PM »

I think I paid $299 for an original PS2. 

:stoopid:

I got one of the first 33 that were sold from my local walmart, thanks to my wife. It's still hooked up, and fully functional.

I guess that proves the theory that they should have stuck with the manufacturers of the PS2 to build the PS3, Instead of "John's tool works and window washing company". :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #608 on: September 11, 2013, 06:57:34 AM »

Ummm.  You're sure you can get both bonuses ?

If not, you can probably create two save games and apply one bonus to each.

Yves

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #609 on: September 11, 2013, 07:17:22 AM »

The 1M startup bonus is useful at the beginning where races don't pay much, but with the bonus cars you get at GameStop you can use these cars until money is not a problem anymore.

Except if you're not allowed to use your bonus Lamborghini against 300 PP opponents  :D

Yves

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #610 on: September 11, 2013, 10:05:48 AM »

Being that they are codes that need to be entered, it shoild allow accumulation of bonuses.

We'll see...

Bottomline is I have four PS3's so I need multiple copies anyway. 

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #611 on: September 11, 2013, 10:24:34 AM »

It's weird how things happen for strange reasons.  If I remember right, the PS2s were first released in the States around the holidays in 2000.  I had just started working for the Blockbuster franchise in October 2000.  We had access to the machines before most of the retail stores so we advertised the shit out of them...when we'd be getting them, what games were available for rent and how much, shit like that.  Back then, I had no desire to play games.

One day my friend called and asked if he could actually purchase one.  I checked with the product lady (who I now sleep with every night...my wife) and learned we'd ordered 50 to put into our roughly 25 stores.  The idea was to put 2 into each store.  That seemed fair, but it was hardly equitable since some of our stores were 3-4 times the size of others.  So after I ran some numbers, we decided we'd put more into the larger stores and fewer into the smaller stores and that would leave a handful of consoles to use at our discretion.

So, yes, I could get one for my friend.  Due to him wanting one, and only because he wanted one, did I bother to get one for myself.

I learned to enjoy the Tiger Woods golf games, the Madden football games, and GT3.  As it turns out, I really loved GT3.  New to the game, I played it for hours upon hours using the controller.  When GT4 came out, I told our receptionist I was leaving for lunch and while I was away, I was picking up both GT4 and a wheel to go with it, and not to expect me back for a couple days.

Fast forward a few years.  I still wasn't a gamer and had never heard of GT4 Prologue, nor was I aware of anything called GT5 Prologue.  For Christmas one year, I'd received a gift card from Best Buy.  I happened into the store one day and saw this thing called GT5 Prologue.  It was $39.99 and I had a $40 gift card.  I bought it.

After little time, I was through all the offline stuff and the game got stale.  I didn't have any intentions of going online because my previous online experiences with the Tiger Woods games weren't all that positive.  Only out of complete boredom did I venture online.  It was 'different,' to say the least.

In one of my first races, some asswipe in a red car put me into the chicane at Fuji.  After a few laps I caught up to another red car to return the favor.  Before the race had finished, I had a love letter in my inbox with 4 characters...there was a 'W', a 'T', an 'F' and a '?.'  Apparently, there were TWO red cars in that race and it's possible I picked the wrong one.  Some dick named "FatLeadFoot" had sent me the love letter to explain what he thought of my driving (he wasn't impressed).

I apologized for my faux pas and we exchanged a few more messages before becoming friends and eventually partners in crime on the track.  He brought me to the 4-letter before it was called the 4-letter and to the Death Star, places where I eventually ran into most of you.

And to think, none of you would have the amazing pleasure of knowing me had it not been for my friend wanting a PS2 some 13 years ago.  

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #612 on: September 11, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »

Here is a wish probably far too late but hoping one of those pages in the room setup screen is a simple parts checklist of what is allowed in the room.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #613 on: September 11, 2013, 11:16:28 AM »

Or for some asswipe knocking you off the track in the right coloured car.  :D

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #614 on: September 11, 2013, 11:20:12 AM »

Or for some asswipe knocking you off the track in the right coloured car.  :D

While sitting here reminiscing about the good old days, I think I'm going to send Foot a message and tell him just what I think of him.   
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 159   Go Up