SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 09:44:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148419 times)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #615 on: September 11, 2013, 01:07:33 PM »

Don't forget to tell him how much we miss FatLeadFin in our starting grids.

I miss him!

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #616 on: September 11, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »

Don't forget to tell him how much we miss FatLeadFin in our starting grids.

I miss him!

I sent him an e-mail and told him what a dick he is, but he hasn't replied.  Been a while since I've talked with him, so I'm not even sure if the e-mail address is still valid.  I'm sure if I don't hear from him GT_AllTalker can get a hold of him.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #617 on: September 11, 2013, 01:31:11 PM »

Here is a wish probably far too late but hoping one of those pages in the room setup screen is a simple parts checklist of what is allowed in the room.

I think one of them is, and there is clearly a lot that they didn't show, based on the fact that the race settings screen has several pages to go through, based on what we can glean from the screens they showed.

Maybe it won't be everything we want, but it will be a lot more than what we have...

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #618 on: September 17, 2013, 11:42:58 AM »

The new engine sounds my or my not be in GT6! That is what Kaz is saying in a new inert view. Seen this over at the planet!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #619 on: September 17, 2013, 12:20:03 PM »

The new engine sounds my or my not be in GT6! That is what Kaz is saying in a new inert view. Seen this over at the planet!

Don't hold your breath.

Also, from the same article.

Kazunori also confirmed to EuroGamer that game save data from GT5 would not transfer over to GT6, citing that GT5‘s data has already been “cracked” and could lead to further compromises in GT6.

My understanding is it is because the PS3 was cracked which allows crackers to open all these game files. So whats to stop them from cracking 6 right after it comes out?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 12:21:42 PM by DudeTuna »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #620 on: September 17, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »

interesting...

some thoughts... it does look like PD want to include the new engine sounds, just that Kaz's businessman side of him doesn't quite expect the miracle of having them finished by the time thye need to start pressing the discs.

but that would be a HUGE game update in terms of file size.  It would probably be a Gig or more like the GT5 2.0 update was...

Here's to hoping they can figure something out.

On the game save data not "transfering" that could be taken different ways.  To me it doesn't mean that there won't be some sort of recognition in GT6 of your accomplishments or loyalty to the franchise, but it does mean that you're whole garage won't just copy over.  Will they give us a little bonus?  Maybe.

Then again, we'll have (most of us) those bonus cars and a real desire to start doing the races with the appropriate level of cars at first too.  It's a new game afterall.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #621 on: September 17, 2013, 01:25:03 PM »

PD has options.

If GT5 used some sort of standard encryption system universally used on the PS3 and presumed to be good at that time, then crack one, crack them all. (I think that is what happened to GT5...)

If they go their own way, it will be much more difficult to crack. The question is just how far do they really need to go to stop cracking GT6 and how willing is PD to go there?

PD / Kaz is good at obfuscation around details, so I will wait for real news about the sounds. They know it bugs us, so maybe he's just pushing some of our buttons.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #622 on: September 17, 2013, 01:36:03 PM »

or they could start write-protecting the save files again so we can't restore them... but then it would really suck for a lot of other reasons...

the fact that they let us restore saves in the face of this cracking issue, really says that they care about the core audience type gamer that most of us falls into.

it's tricky to try and please all of us and make it all secure and crack-proof at the same time.

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #623 on: September 18, 2013, 07:38:06 PM »

or they could start write-protecting the save files again so we can't restore them... but then it would really suck for a lot of other reasons...

the fact that they let us restore saves in the face of this cracking issue, really says that they care about the core audience type gamer that most of us falls into.

it's tricky to try and please all of us and make it all secure and crack-proof at the same time.

I've seen somewhere that the save operation will be made much faster in GT6. GT5 save was not bad at the beginning, but with the save file growing in size the save became much slower.

[Technical stuff here] my understanding is that instead of using an XML file where they need to rewrite the whole file for each save, they would use something like SqLite that allows SQL-like statements without a SQL server running.  This would allow them to update specific records 100 times faster than now.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #624 on: September 18, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »

“It’s the same every time,” said Yamauchi. “Everything’s very tight. It’s an incredibly tight schedule. As to being able to include everything we want to on day one, we probably won’t be able to. I think for the 12 months following the release we’ll continue to update the software. Because in Gran Turismo 6 we’re preparing a lot of different things we haven’t even touched on yet.”

So it's going to be an unfinished mess like GT5.

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #625 on: September 18, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »

Someone was complaining about the (small) number of "real" tracks in GT5 and GT6.

If they provide a track editor with control over the result, I promise I'll build and share Montreal's F1 track (also known as Jacques Villereuve track)

Yves

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #626 on: September 19, 2013, 01:21:58 AM »

Someone was complaining about the (small) number of "real" tracks in GT5 and GT6.

If they provide a track editor with control over the result, I promise I'll build and share Montreal's F1 track (also known as Jacques Villereuve track)

Yves

I think you mean Gilles Villeneuve.  iRacing has a great version.  I didn't like the track when I first tried it in Ferrari Challenge but I really like it now.  That could be partly because I think of Montreal as my second home.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #627 on: September 19, 2013, 07:03:55 AM »

It doesn't really matter about it being "unfinished" does it...

When we get lemons, we make lemonade.

Think of all the :fucking fun we had in Prolong - and we had no real event controls.  Look at how much fun we've had with GT5 - even when they've thrown us radical curves (remember the hp/pp flip flop?)

You just wait...

We're going to have even more fun with GT6.

Trust me...  We have some really talented and creative fish swimming in these waters.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #628 on: September 19, 2013, 08:15:45 AM »

“It’s the same every time,” said Yamauchi. “Everything’s very tight. It’s an incredibly tight schedule. As to being able to include everything we want to on day one, we probably won’t be able to. I think for the 12 months following the release we’ll continue to update the software. Because in Gran Turismo 6 we’re preparing a lot of different things we haven’t even touched on yet.”

So it's going to be an unfinished mess like GT5.

there was another quote about kaz saying that at the TGS it was "80% complete" vs the statements above which to me are a different issue entirely.

Here's what I typed up for the conversation at the PSN about this info:

I think these are two separate points.

What was quoted before was that the game is 80% complete right now.  That seems very unlikely to be true based on my gut interpretation of what people could mean by such a statement.

It could mean:

1.That only 80% of the work to complete the game in terms of man hours have been performed.
2.That of the different "buckets" of features in the game, they are all at 80% and that nothing is complete.
3.That the game is expected to contain 80% of its content and features upon release and that 20% is DLC and additional features to be released later.
4.That 80% of the features and contet in the game are 100% complete and that 20% remains to be completed, with no statement about how far each feature is from being complete.

With the last interpretation, it is possible that the remaining 20% are all at 99% completion.  However, I don't think that's true either.

Putting my businessman hat on and trying to think about what Kaz might have meant, I'd venture a guess that he really meant #4 to be true because he would go through his head and count (probably a huge estimation) the things complete vs incomplete and come up with an 80% figure.

I take that to mean that if the game were released on teh day he made the statement, that it would feel like 80% of a game, and altogether incomplete and in need of serious improvements.  Luckily for us, he has a few more months, though.

Now, whether a huge patch will release on day 1 and how much content and features will release and be polished after the fact, is to me a separate issue.  I guess the best way to know how to interpret whether that fits into the missing 20% is to really just get our hands on the game (plus it's release day patch if there is one) and decide for ourselves how complete the game seems to be.  If the game feels like a complete game, and there are no glaring missing features or severely broken features, it is likely that the #4 definition was correct.  However, if everything feels rushed, broken, or missing and it takes an additional 20% of fixing to get it complete, then we'll know that #1 or #2 are more likley to be correct.

All this to say, that none of us knows what he really meant at this juncture.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #629 on: September 19, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »

:huh.  Or it could be somewhat cliche' as in the 80/20 rule that permeates Life...

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 159   Go Up