• May 06, 2024, 05:11:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148407 times)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #630 on: September 19, 2013, 11:57:11 AM »

Or Kaz thought to himself... "Good grief not this question again. Lets see carry the one... add ten...  of forget it.  Ok its September, game release date is December.  Ah, 80 percent sounds believable."   ^-^

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #631 on: September 19, 2013, 11:58:55 AM »

what, like 20% of the GT Fans do 80% of the bitching ?  lol j/k

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #632 on: September 25, 2013, 06:45:59 PM »

Now this would be awesome: http://www.gtplanet.net/kw-7-post-rig-gt6/
Hopefully it isn't as dumbed down as the data logger in GT5.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #633 on: September 26, 2013, 07:40:56 AM »

Now this would be awesome: http://www.gtplanet.net/kw-7-post-rig-gt6/
Hopefully it isn't as dumbed down as the data logger in GT5.

Actually it sounds to me (we'll see if they deliver) that they are trying to greatly enhance the function that the data logger was supposed to perform.  Or more specifically that function they added much later that allowed us to see a red circle on the four corners of the car which was supp;osed to translate something to us, but most of us weren't sure exactly what it was trying to say.

They could just as easily screw this up too, but it does sound like a great idea that very well could work, and if the tuning mechanics work better in GT6 than 5, as in teh adjustments doing what they are supposed to do IRL as opposed to being backwards and non-intuitive, it could work out wonderfully.

But usually with PD the first time thye introduce a feature it isn't well fleshed out and doesn't work exactly as hyped.

Here's to hoping that a colaboration with an outside company would provide the much needed insight into making it work the FIRST time.  I'm hopefull that it has.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #634 on: September 26, 2013, 08:12:38 AM »

For people like me, that is a useless feature, and I'd prefer their time spent on something else.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #635 on: September 26, 2013, 08:18:24 AM »

For people like me, that is a useless feature, and I'd prefer their time spent on something else.

I hear ya.  From my perspective this isn't an addition so much as a cross-connecting of several features that you probably do want, such as improved suspension mechanics and improved tuning functionality.  This is just a visualization of what is already going on with the physics of the car.  But yes I see what you mean by if this really took them a long time to produce and something else more fundamental is missing, that would be a shame.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #636 on: September 26, 2013, 09:55:50 AM »

I hear ya.  From my perspective this isn't an addition so much as a cross-connecting of several features that you probably do want, such as improved suspension mechanics and improved tuning functionality.  This is just a visualization of what is already going on with the physics of the car.  But yes I see what you mean by if this really took them a long time to produce and something else more fundamental is missing, that would be a shame.

This is not just a visualization of what is going on with the physics.  This is a tuning tool.  This is what the big guys use in real life to tune their cars.  If done well it will be great for people me who can't run consistent laps for tuning.  It will take a lot of time and guesswork out of tuning.  And to include something like this means that they have to get the physics right.  This is infinitely more useful than photo mode or a livery editor, or b-spec.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #637 on: September 26, 2013, 10:05:24 AM »

this^

Unless it comes with an engineer to tell me where to improve my time.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #638 on: September 26, 2013, 10:09:16 AM »

This is not just a visualization of what is going on with the physics.  This is a tuning tool.  This is what the big guys use in real life to tune their cars.  If done well it will be great for people me who can't run consistent laps for tuning.  It will take a lot of time and guesswork out of tuning.  And to include something like this means that they have to get the physics right.  This is infinitely more useful than photo mode or a livery editor, or b-spec.

Which is why I added this part.

I'm sure a lot of people will use that feature, but I'd be willing to bet, only a very small percentage of all GT players will even care it's there. Photo mode is useful in the way of documenting good races, and sharing them with others. A livery editor would be nice, but not hugely important to me, and B-spec could never return for all I care. I want content, ie tracks, and a buttload of them. GT4 had way more tracks than 5, and in a lot of ways, 5 was a huge down grade in the series. I fear 6 isn't going to deliver like I want it too, but I'm not going to worry about it beforehand.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #639 on: September 26, 2013, 11:53:18 AM »

I'm with Chrome and Dozer.  I'm not smart enough to use it, so it's worthless for me.  I'd prefer they fix the damned clocks.  Last night, as I was falling farther and farther behind, I watched the clock that shows just how poorly I was doing.  At one checkpoint, I'm 41 seconds behind, then I'm 39 seconds behind and then 42 seconds behind.  Sometimes it got tired of showing how badly I was doing and didn't show anything at all. 

I don't recall this being a problem with GT3, GT4 or Prologue, but it happens frequently to me in GT5. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #640 on: September 26, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »

We have yet to see how intuitive and easy to use this new feature will be.  Yes it's a tooning tule but is accomplished by showing you what happened in parts of the track via the replay (hence, a visualization).  How that all connects and whether they make it easy to undertand, and whether any knowledgable people make guides for it, will ultimately decide who can make good use of it.

What I meant before is that it isn't really a new stand-alone feature so much as a way of connecting a few features together so that they can compliment each other.

A lot of the mystery about how to tune suspension may be lifted by this tool, OR it could confuse the hell out of us and make it that much more mysterious.

Only time will tell...

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #641 on: September 26, 2013, 12:48:11 PM »

Yes it's a tooning tule but is accomplished by showing you what happened in parts of the track via the replay (hence, a visualization). 

No, it doesn't work that way.  It is a testing system that is driven by on track data.  You put the car on the tester, it "shakes" the car based on the track data and you measure what the suspension does.  You can change whatever tuning parameters you want and then immediately test it on the shaker again with the same lap data.  It allows you to quickly test a bunch of different configurations with standardized input and see what works best then you can take it too the track and fine tune it.  I've been wanting this feature in a sim for a long time.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #642 on: September 26, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »

I think you just said the same thing as me with more knowledge of the correct terms, that's all.

It uses the replay to feed the shaking device, is my point.

The only thing they had to do was create a virtual device to fit the car to, and then insert the mechanics of what the car did from the replay into the device.  So, there isn't much extra development beyond what they already did to produce the more accurate physics for suspension in  collaboration with KW...

My point is that they already have the simulation of the shaking effect in the game because of the collaboration.  They already have the data from the replay, and then it is just a matter of tying everything together in a different visual representation (3D model of the shaker device and car and a room and maybe some people who appear to be working on laptops etc.)

That's not much more work than creating that NASCAR pit lane photo location, IMO.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #643 on: September 26, 2013, 01:47:53 PM »

I think you just said the same thing as me with more knowledge of the correct terms, that's all.

The only thing they had to do was create a virtual device to fit the car to, and then insert the mechanics of what the car did from the replay into the device.  So, there isn't much extra development beyond what they already did to produce the more accurate physics for suspension in  collaboration with KW...

My point is that they already have the simulation of the shaking effect in the game because of the collaboration.  They already have the data from the replay, and then it is just a matter of tying everything together in a different visual representation (3D model of the shaker device and car and a room and maybe some people who appear to be working on laptops etc.)

That's not much more work than creating that NASCAR pit lane photo location, IMO.

The way you were wording it made it sound like it was a visualization of the replay data.  That would mean to test different suspension configurations, you would take the car out of the track then bring it to the shaker see how it worked, then make changes, take it out to the track, bring it back check it out again.  That's not how it works.  You take the car out to the track and record the telemetry.  From the telemetry, the software calculates the forces acting on the car.  Those forces are fed into the shaker.  That allows you to check many, many configurations with exactly the same force data without having to take it to the track in between.  That is a huge difference.  The first is essentially just a telemetry tool, the second is much more powerful.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #644 on: September 26, 2013, 02:47:11 PM »

The way you were wording it made it sound like it was a visualization of the replay data.  That would mean to test different suspension configurations, you would take the car out of the track then bring it to the shaker see how it worked, then make changes, take it out to the track, bring it back check it out again.  That's not how it works.  You take the car out to the track and record the telemetry.  From the telemetry, the software calculates the forces acting on the car.  Those forces are fed into the shaker.  That allows you to check many, many configurations with exactly the same force data without having to take it to the track in between.  That is a huge difference.  The first is essentially just a telemetry tool, the second is much more powerful.

indeed that is a better way of wording it ;)

do you think this feature will show a track map to correlate the shaking forces with a particular section/corner?  I would kind of hope so.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 159   Go Up