• May 06, 2024, 06:40:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148413 times)

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #720 on: November 11, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »

If you read the GT6 hands on story on GTPlanet, you saw a picture showing the track list and on it being Stowe Circuit. My guess is its a karting track @ Silverstone since it is only a mile long

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #721 on: November 13, 2013, 06:21:29 PM »

I'm starting to get excited about this. Can't wait to run a new GT. Really looking forward to new cars and tracks. Interesting I haven't seen anyone specifically mentioning their pleasure at seeing the Ferrari GTO '84 and the Diablo. Also, there's a Toyota 86GT race car.

Anyone know why some cars say 'Base Model' in their names? Apparently people at the Planet think it's paintable race cars with no real liveries - kind of like the TC/RM from GT5.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:28:46 PM by Turbo-Tuna »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #722 on: November 13, 2013, 07:26:33 PM »

I'm starting to get excited about this. Can't wait to run a new GT. Really looking forward to new cars and tracks. Interesting I haven't seen anyone specifically mentioning their pleasure at seeing the Ferrari GTO '84 and the Diablo. Also, there's a Toyota 86GT race car.

Anyone know why some cars say 'Base Model' in their names? Apparently people at the Planet think it's paintable race cars with no real liveries - kind of like the TC/RM from GT5.

I'm more generally excited for a number of new cars rather than specifically excited for a few if that makes sense, but that '84 Ferrari GTO is definitely one I'm interested in (as is the Trans-Am, the SRT Viper GTS and Charger SRT8, LCC Rocket, and probably about half the roster of new additions LOL).  I'm glad we finally get another Diablo besides the GT500 one though I think I'd have preferred an earlier model that's just a super car (but not an SV or VT with the 4WD) rather than the heavily race-oriented GT models, though I'm not going to complain too much because I really am glad to see them :D.

I did wonder about that "Base Model" too, I was kind of thinking they would be "generic livery" models myself though I haven't been paying too much attention to the GTPlanet forums lately, just the news.  Would be interesting if that is the case for sure though.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #723 on: November 13, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »

The other night in a lounge was the first I had heard of the GTO, still have yet to see a screen shot with one. But I am thrilled for it being included. Arguably one of the prettiest mid engine cars in the modern era possibly ever.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #724 on: November 14, 2013, 07:55:48 AM »

I've seen no official comments but my thoughts run in the same direction.  Basically instead of going after/paying for a team's livery. PD has gone to the manufactures and acquired the rights to the spec model that is sold to race teams/customers.  That way we can essentially create our own unique race cars. Which I think has been a popular request since GT5 came out.  Its also probably cheaper and easier for PD as well.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #725 on: November 14, 2013, 08:37:06 AM »

guys we probably need to beat that horse if we really want it.

we know that PD has something in the works for a paint/livery editor but it will probably be very very basic.  it may not actually end up being useful at all.

so after GT6 is released, lets get really really loud about wanting a very functional and useful editor, because I think we have heard that will come lat er anyway.  They'll be paying attention to feedback about the new game, especially at Death Star PSN forum.

I'd recommend going there and joining the thread(s) that are asking for more control over car designs.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #726 on: November 14, 2013, 10:47:13 AM »

sort of related to the previous post:

Check out this PSN Thread where I've compiled what I believe to be a complete list comparing what we nominated in the Essential GT Cars list which was also posted here, and ended up appearing in GT6's car list!

I think this shows PD listens, and that a bit of organization to show our strength in numbers goes a long way.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/New-Cars-to-GT6-that-We-the-fans-asked-for/td-p/42109827/jump-to/first-unread-message

6 "Winner's Circle" choices added (means that they topped the list of votes by fans)
6 cars that come close to something in the Winner's Circle
10 more that either match or come close to a nominated car, not from the Winner's Circle

Thanks go mostly to OzDaddy62 and MastrGT for making the process a success! (as well as anyone who voted or nominated, of course!)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #727 on: November 14, 2013, 03:25:51 PM »

I am not so sure the list had anything to do with what made it into the game. Not trying to be a douche and downplay anyone's efforts. But when was that list that was voted on finalized? And from that date until the release date they scanned those vehicles and wrote the code tout them in the game, this seems unlikely to me personally.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #728 on: November 14, 2013, 04:35:29 PM »

Has there been any more coverage on the improved race controls at all? For example ... specifying which cars are eligible and with what upgrades on a car by car basis?

Thx,

MS
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #729 on: November 15, 2013, 04:53:05 PM »

I am not so sure the list had anything to do with what made it into the game. Not trying to be a douche and downplay anyone's efforts. But when was that list that was voted on finalized? And from that date until the release date they scanned those vehicles and wrote the code tout them in the game, this seems unlikely to me personally.

well mastetgt did organize and submit them.  i knpw you arent teying to be rude but that sounds exactly like the skepticism ppl had when they said the votes wouldnt matter.  just look at the uncanny correllation of the two lists.  its kind of hard to deny we at least had some impact on choices.  the list is around a year old i think.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #730 on: November 15, 2013, 06:09:38 PM »

well mastetgt did organize and submit them.  i know you aren't tying to be rude but that sounds exactly like the skepticism people had when they said the votes wouldn't matter.  just look at the uncanny correllation of the two lists.  its kind of hard to deny we at least had some impact on choices.  the list is around a year old i think.

When people said the votes would not matter that was pessimistic from how much PD seemed to listen in the past. But my personal skepticism is more related to how long it would take PD to take the list when it was submitted and turn it into working vehicles for the game. I just don't believe there was ample time for this. And while the initial list is possibly a year old what matters is when they, PD, got the info of the final choices from the list.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #731 on: November 15, 2013, 06:48:23 PM »

yea.  im not really saying that correllation is causation, but 6 out of fifteen winners is a very good percentage.  if it were 6 out of 100 i would lean more towards a coincidence.  on whether there was time to do them, i dont see why a year wouldnt suffice.  also, notice that pd have definitely heard fans' complaints about too many versions of the same car.  there arwnt tons of new miatas and skylines...

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #732 on: November 17, 2013, 09:35:12 AM »

I just read the newest news post on GTPlanet and apparently all of the Willow Springs courses have been "digitized" (Seriously? I feel like I'm watching Digimon again....)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #733 on: November 17, 2013, 10:49:40 AM »

I'm more generally excited for a number of new cars rather than specifically excited for a few if that makes sense, but that '84 Ferrari GTO is definitely one I'm interested in (as is the Trans-Am, the SRT Viper GTS and Charger SRT8, LCC Rocket, and probably about half the roster of new additions LOL).  I'm glad we finally get another Diablo besides the GT500 one though I think I'd have preferred an earlier model that's just a super car (but not an SV or VT with the 4WD) rather than the heavily race-oriented GT models, though I'm not going to complain too much because I really am glad to see them :D.

There are a bunch of new cars that are cool. I like the Rocket and XBow. The CTS-V is not my style, but a cool addition. Good to see some new Mustangs. New Kart, new Elise, the Daytona Coupe is back,  I would also prefer a more 'regular' Diablo. I don't know a lot about them, but apparently both of these well beyond the base models. At least they're not 4WD - that's my main problem with Lamborghinis.

I'm looking forward to tracks and other improvements as well. I don't know exactly what they are or how well they'll work, or how easy I adapt to them, but something new is nice once in a while.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #734 on: November 18, 2013, 12:47:33 PM »

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-digital-download/

So how much would you pay for 7 million credits?    ::)

It says for Europe but I would guess this would end up world wide.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 159   Go Up