SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 05:59:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148412 times)

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #735 on: November 18, 2013, 01:22:11 PM »

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-digital-download/

So how much would you pay for 7 million credits?    ::)

It says for Europe but I would guess this would end up world wide.

Doesn't matter, the only RL money i'll be spending on this game is for DLC. The way i see it, if you need to buy GT credits with RL money you're either lazy, you're never going to fully appreciate Gran Turismo, or you think money grows on trees.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #736 on: November 18, 2013, 03:22:17 PM »

I actually like that they are doing this. How many times have we had to duplicate cars for an event? End of problem.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #737 on: November 18, 2013, 03:44:51 PM »

Doesn't matter, the only RL money i'll be spending on this game is for DLC. The way i see it, if you need to buy GT credits with RL money you're either lazy, you're never going to fully appreciate Gran Turismo, or you think money grows on trees.

:P :P .... some of us dont have enough hours in the day to contribute to a game. Alittle GT credit would go along way in keeping up with the GT purists. If you see it that those people that have a life/family/home/job will be frowned upon because they used GT credits to get a car for an upcoming evnet, well thats .....  :-X

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #738 on: November 18, 2013, 04:23:19 PM »

:P :P .... some of us dont have enough hours in the day to contribute to a game. Alittle GT credit would go along way in keeping up with the GT purists. If you see it that those people that have a life/family/home/job will be frowned upon because they used GT credits to get a car for an upcoming evnet, well thats .....  :-X

Well i didn't see it that way. I guess i was aggravated by the posts about this from GTP. I'm sorry if i offended you.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #739 on: November 18, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »

I actually like that they are doing this. How many times have we had to duplicate cars for an event? End of problem.
I have not duped a single car. Just sayin'. And have started mt GT5 career 3 times now.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #740 on: November 18, 2013, 05:04:09 PM »

I will not look down at someone if they chose to "buy" their GT credits. But if it is like 5 I can make between 1.5 and 2 million credits in ten minutes in a few different seasonals.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #741 on: November 18, 2013, 05:37:06 PM »

I will not look down at someone if they chose to "buy" their GT credits. But if it is like 5 I can make between 1.5 and 2 million credits in ten minutes in a few different seasonals.

Yeah, me too. But there have been two occasions in the last three or four years where I needed a 20mil car to participate and didn't have the funds (because I had just started a new account). Problem solved.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #742 on: November 19, 2013, 09:07:41 AM »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #743 on: November 19, 2013, 09:15:25 AM »

I don't have anything against someone who does so either, except that I hate the trend of using real fake money to buy fake fake money :D :D

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #744 on: November 19, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »

I don't have anything against someone who does so either, except that I hate the trend of using real fake money to buy fake fake money :D :D

Agreeded.  Actually this is leading me to believe that at least for awhile it may not be as easy to "earn" credits as it currently is in GT5.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #745 on: November 19, 2013, 01:09:18 PM »

Agreeded.  Actually this is leading me to believe that at least for awhile it may not be as easy to "earn" credits as it currently is in GT5.

I'm sure y'all remember, credits in GT5 were a bit tough in the beginning, before the high paying seasonals. Bring it on.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #746 on: November 19, 2013, 01:12:38 PM »

yes, but we've also been promised a more "balanced" progression through GT6 than 5.  That should mean that we don't have to grind as much, but if a race is fun, then repeating it won't feel like "grinding" at all.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #747 on: November 19, 2013, 02:42:43 PM »

It's funny.  I've likely raced my last GT5 race, but I'm excited about my first GT6 race. 

I've been gone for a while now keeping busy at home.  A few months back, I decided I wanted a German Shepherd.  I've wanted one forever and not exactly sure why I never got one.  I've had Beagles for 15 years but wanted a Shepherd.  However, I was busy remodeling my rental property and I told my wife and son I wasn't going to get one til I finished the house. 

A few weeks ago the house was completed and a tenant moved in.  A week later, I brought home an almost 9-week old female German Shepherd I named Monty.  For now, I'm keeping very busy with her.  This will likely last til 6 comes out.

One of the first things Monty did was eat through my controller cable (damned animals and their chewing habits...our cat went through 3 shifter cables and now the pup has her first cable).  So, I'm in need of a new cable and I have a question about purchasing 6. 

I don't expect any of the local game places to offer a midnight release of 6, but I can likely pick it up at Wally World like I did with 5.  However, if I don't prepay, I don't get any of the extras.  The key chain and the little car mean nothing to me.  I read the GT5 book and it didn't do anything for me either, so I don't care about not getting the junk with the giveaway.  But, I might be interested in some of the cars or whatever else some places are offering.

Can someone please bring me up to speed on the different editions out there?  Thanks

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #748 on: November 19, 2013, 02:53:41 PM »

I have a beable named "Porthos"... love those dogs (and no mine barely barks or yelps at all... the key is making them an inside dog)

on the game editions, the pre-orders MAY not all sell so you could very easily get the pre-orderdeals even if you don't litterally pre-order, but if you want the deals, you had better not take the risk.  (for instance, I got my GTAV at Meijer, didn't pre-order, but got the blimp code with mine anyway.)

The deals are $1,000,000 in-game credits for Amazon.com, and 15 Anniversary edition cars for the Gamestop pre-order.  Those 15 cars have different livery and tune than the stock models of the cars.

No key-chain or book this time, for the US anyways.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #749 on: November 19, 2013, 03:00:57 PM »

I have a beable named "Porthos"... love those dogs (and no mine barely barks or yelps at all... the key is making them an inside dog)

on the game editions, the pre-orders MAY not all sell so you could very easily get the pre-orderdeals even if you don't litterally pre-order, but if you want the deals, you had better not take the risk.  (for instance, I got my GTAV at Meijer, didn't pre-order, but got the blimp code with mine anyway.)

The deals are $1,000,000 in-game credits for Amazon.com, and 15 Anniversary edition cars for the Gamestop pre-order.  Those 15 cars have different livery and tune than the stock models of the cars.

No key-chain or book this time, for the US anyways.

All our animals are inside animals.  Never had it any other way, they're part of the family as far as we're concerned.  The Beagle, Memphis, sleeps with my son and so far, Monty has been sleeping with my wife and I on the bed (no accidents on the bed yet, which shocks the hell out of me).

Regarding the game, I could use the million credits, but it's not a deal breaker and the different livery and tune doesn't matter either.  I'm assuming I can eventually tune the car to match how the others receive it, so I think you've helped me make up my mind. 

Thanks for the quick reply.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 159   Go Up