SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 08:53:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148416 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #765 on: November 22, 2013, 08:38:52 AM »

So, I have mixed feelings about the AI right now. In every one of these videos, the driver takes off at the start and passes 3 or 4 cars right from the beginning. Why wouldn't the AI also put the hammer down? Then the field gets going and it's much harder to catch them ... good. Finally, I know it's Arcade mode, but there should be some sort of consequence to dive bombing cars in the corner, even in Arcade mode, imho.

If you're going to do an A-Spec race, here is how it should work. You should first have to do two laps to set a qualifying time. That should put you somewhere in the field from front to back based on your time. Then, make the AI race you. They have the advantage of knowing the fastest line and they don't make mistakes. Make it a race.

I really liked the fact that they have a new arrow indicator that tells you when there is a car at three o'clock or nine o'clock. Very simple and clear. Well done.

MX

That's how all races happen.... if you don't have faster drivers start in front, then some shifting always happens right at the start (racing against other gamers, I mean)  Then, it is harder to catch the faster guys.

Qualifying was self-defeating as a gameplay option.  It allowed and almost encouraged players to beef up their cars until they qualify first, then the actual race wasn't really a race.  GT5 and 6 appear to want you to HAVE to pass all the cars before the finish, to give players with less racing knowledge to learn how to pass.  In the long run, I think I like this philosophy better than the qualifying.

The AI look a bit more challenging, but probably not so challenging that skilled racers won't be able to get into 1st by the final lap.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #766 on: November 26, 2013, 08:27:13 PM »

There was a short "ad" video posted at GTP, but it's marked private now. Someone however, made a gif of some of it's imagery.

Andretti's first race car.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #767 on: November 27, 2013, 07:01:25 AM »

Interesting find Chrome.

Here's the last frame so everyone doesn't have to do what I did and watch it 93 times to figure out what it says.   

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #768 on: November 27, 2013, 07:33:26 AM »

Thanks Wiz.

Also, this is just the kind of thing PD does. Adding Andretti's first car to GT, and telling his history sounds like a good idea, but look at it. Does anybody really want to drive that car in game? I'd rather have a Hudson that's all there. Don't get me wrong, I like Mario, and his story is cool, but this is just weird.  :-\
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #769 on: November 27, 2013, 07:40:24 AM »

Thanks Wiz.

Also, this is just the kind of thing PD does. Adding Andretti's first car to GT, and telling his history sounds like a good idea, but look at it. Does anybody really want to drive that car in game? I'd rather have a Hudson that's all there. Don't get me wrong, I like Mario, and his story is cool, but this is just weird.  :-\

I don't think this is weird at all. I think its neat that PD is willing to reach out to historically important car people and put their cars in a GT game. Then again I suppose my stance on weirdness is biased for obvious reasons soo.... *Shrugs*

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #770 on: November 27, 2013, 08:53:14 AM »

As long as they give us a car or two to run with it and a course that would be fitting for that ride I think it woule be ok.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #771 on: November 27, 2013, 09:20:52 AM »

I am looking forward to all aspects of this game. I've been so busy I haven't had time to be excited about it, but now that we are just over a week away from release I am in total GT Geek mode.

It's funny to think of the funny tingles a full GT release does to this upper 30 year old man. It's like I'm 5 and Christmas is just around the corner again....it's a great feeling!

Cheers!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #772 on: November 27, 2013, 03:02:08 PM »

Thanks Wiz.

The thing that I am really concerned about with GT6 the single player.  It looks like you really have to go through A spec to progress in the game.  In GT5, I mostly did the special events and license tests at first.  I was working at home at the time so it was easy for me to put on b-spec while working and make lots of money.  I'm going to be disappointed if GT6 turns out to have a lot of grinding that I can't avoid.

While the car might not be one that I would choose to run, events like these and the Senna events have the potential to add a lot of interest to the game that may be missing from A-spec.  I find just going from race to race like in FM5 or GT5 A-spec and seasonals to be boring.  I like having a little bit of a story behind the racing.  I'm looking forward to seeing what GT6 does with these events.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #773 on: November 28, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »

Need to have a look over at gtplanet! Some one has a copy of GT6!

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #774 on: November 29, 2013, 03:56:14 AM »

Yay the GT6 intro video!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEZ847XzAlg

Um..... ok. My first impressions (keep in mind i've been up all night testing for next weeks enduro) are that... well it's been stitched together. Song is quite cool though!

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #775 on: November 29, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »

Yippee, paint chips are back. :'(

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #776 on: November 29, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »

@ Boston!

You really where dreaming huh! The livery editor will probably show up in GT7, maybe!

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #777 on: November 29, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »

Just added to my Christmas list.  ;D
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #778 on: November 29, 2013, 03:02:36 PM »

I've been wanting a livery editor for several years.  

I just don't get why it continues to be excluded.  Especially when they have the time to create the movement of the stars and moon.  FOR ME, a livery editor is more in line with "the real driving simulator" than astronomy can possible be.

Also, contrary to the pictures we saw a few months back, it looks like we cannot change tire sizes either.  

I'm not bitching, god forbid I do that.  I am excited about many things, but a tad disappointed with others.

Also, also, sorry Zilla, I can't watch that video.  Its a spoiler for me.  It's one of those moments in GT that is exciting for me.   I get pumped loading the disc the first time in anticipation of the intro.

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #779 on: November 29, 2013, 03:05:42 PM »

Code: [Select]
I've been wanting a livery editor for several years.  

I just don't get why it continues to be excluded.  Especially when they have the time to create the movement of the stars and moon.  FOR ME, a livery editor is more in line with "the real driving simulator" than astronomy can possible be.

Also, contrary to the pictures we saw a few months back, it looks like we cannot change tire sizes either.  

I'm not bitching, god forbid I do that.  I am excited about many things, but a tad disappointed with others.

Also, also, sorry Zilla, I can't watch that video.  Its a spoiler for me.  It's one of those moments in GT that is exciting for me.   I get pumped loading the disc the first time in anticipation of the intro.

Its fine, everyone has their own decisions. Besides, you're not missing out on much. Its just a combo of the other trailers in a bite size portion.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 159   Go Up