SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 02:31:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148432 times)

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #780 on: November 29, 2013, 03:34:51 PM »

Not saying you were bitching, but i guess you have the right Boston! ;) As for me i would rather have cars sound more real, because i probably wouldn't use a livery editor. I'm not creative enough to make any decent liverys! But for you Boston i hope they come up with one in a GT6 update.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #781 on: November 29, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »

Feel free to bitch Boston. There can even be a thread of "How has GT6 disappointed me" Have just hoped we could wait til we had product in hand first, before going negative.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #782 on: November 29, 2013, 07:10:57 PM »

Who's going negative?  I said, I like some things and others things I don't like.

I made that disclaimer because some folks here, hmmm, who could that be, will see it that way.

I don't need the game in hand to know a livery editor is not in it!  People have copies and are relaying information/details of GT6 as I type this.

I stayed away from here for months because of this exact reason.  The more things change the more they stay the exactly the effin same.   ::)

Thanks for the warm welcome Baked. :(

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #783 on: November 29, 2013, 07:15:17 PM »

Who's going negative?  I said, I like some things and others things I don't like.

I made that disclaimer because some folks here, hmmm, who could that be, will see it that way.

I don't need the game in hand to know a livery editor is not in it!  People have copies and are relaying information/details of GT6 as I type this.

I stayed away from here for months because of this exact reason.  The more things change the more they stay the exactly the effin same.   ::)

Thanks for the warm welcome Baked. :(

*Sighs and hugs Boston*

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #784 on: November 30, 2013, 12:39:20 AM »

Sorry Boston I seem to keep saying things the wrong way.

Brindle

« Reply #785 on: December 01, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »

You're not out of line Boston.  I too really dislike the no livery editor.  Even something basic is fine, but a single tone paint chip?  Really?

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #786 on: December 01, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »

I would like something more, even the ability to put sponsor decals on cars, or numbers. Maybe choose different colors for hood, roof, other panels. Oh well. At least we get a preview now, right?

One thing I learned (that I like) is that some (maybe all, I didn't feel like watching the whole video of a guy looking through the dealerships or search the car list for 30 specific cars) of the RM and TC cars will be available as cars in dealerships for purchase. Examples are the NSX LM Race Car, Elise 111R Race Car '04, Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car, SRT Challenger SRT8 Touring Car, and Mazda RX-7 Touring Car.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #787 on: December 01, 2013, 11:28:14 AM »

I'm much more concerned about this comment than a livery editor.  I thought this was a place where we should all be comfortable speaking our minds.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #788 on: December 01, 2013, 11:31:04 AM »

As for the livery editor, I would put the chances that PD are PLANNING to put it in GT6 as 80%.  Maybe as early as a day one patch maybe later in the year.  However, I put the chances of a livery editor being actually put into GT6 as much lower.  Maybe 25%.

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #789 on: December 01, 2013, 05:27:17 PM »

Daytona Road Course @ Night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9ZrGnLPqs4

Apricot Hill reverse @ Night w/ Ferrari 356 GTB4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5HFr_X5rWE
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:39:32 PM by SlyTuna »

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #790 on: December 01, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »

You're not out of line Boston.  I too really dislike the no livery editor.  Even something basic is fine, but a single tone paint chip?  Really?

I've just spent my entire Thanksgiving Holiday living over at GTPlanet to get the latest news. I came back over here to see what you guys thought of what's leaking out. I have mixed feelings. But regarding the livery editor, I'm in the same boat as Boston. I guess I expected version 1.0 to be released, something simple. I'm beginning to wonder if PD is taking "The Real Driving Simulator" too seriously. I don't care about driving. I care about racing. I think if PD thought of their product as "The Real Racing Simulator", then many of the things we want would make complete sense. But I've also watched with interest at how few people over at GTPlanet care about some of the things we care about. I guess what I'm lamenting is that it appears that iRacing is the only racing simulator on the market. That saddens me, because I'm not a big fan of their product.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #791 on: December 01, 2013, 07:56:49 PM »

I'm much more concerned about this comment than a livery editor.  I thought this was a place where we should all be comfortable speaking our minds.

Agreed. And more than that, I thought everyone here was friends. We are about to start the GT6 era. We can argue about the game, but lets stay positive with one another. That's what makes this place great ... the camaraderie.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #792 on: December 01, 2013, 08:47:33 PM »

I've just spent my entire Thanksgiving Holiday living over at GTPlanet to get the latest news. I came back over here to see what you guys thought of what's leaking out. I have mixed feelings. But regarding the livery editor, I'm in the same boat as Boston. I guess I expected version 1.0 to be released, something simple. I'm beginning to wonder if PD is taking "The Real Driving Simulator" too seriously. I don't care about driving. I care about racing. I think if PD thought of their product as "The Real Racing Simulator", then many of the things we want would make complete sense. But I've also watched with interest at how few people over at GTPlanet care about some of the things we care about. I guess what I'm lamenting is that it appears that iRacing is the only racing simulator on the market. That saddens me, because I'm not a big fan of their product.

I was following a little but I mostly stopped.  I want to experience the game for myself.

Why do you think that iRacing is the only racing simulator and what don't you like about their product?

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #793 on: December 01, 2013, 08:59:13 PM »

Why do you think that iRacing is the only racing simulator and what don't you like about their product?

Well, it appears to be the accepted standard in racing simulators. And what I don't like ... that's a long discussion. It's a lot of things. The short version is that it's not Gran Turismo.

To me, GT is an almost perfect product for doing what we do. It's so freaking close to perfect. I've had more fun racing in GT5 than in any other game I've played. And after it appeared that Wiz was passing on our suggestions, I guess I let my expectations get too high. We just needed a few things ... more control over the online races and a simple livery editor. Given those two things, would we even need iRacing? I doubt it. I'm actually kind of bummed right now.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #794 on: December 02, 2013, 11:30:07 AM »

Well, it appears to be the accepted standard in racing simulators. And what I don't like ... that's a long discussion. It's a lot of things. The short version is that it's not Gran Turismo.

To me, GT is an almost perfect product for doing what we do. It's so freaking close to perfect. I've had more fun racing in GT5 than in any other game I've played. And after it appeared that Wiz was passing on our suggestions, I guess I let my expectations get too high. We just needed a few things ... more control over the online races and a simple livery editor. Given those two things, would we even need iRacing? I doubt it. I'm actually kind of bummed right now.

What iRacing has that no one else has is organized, somewhat clean, drop in racing.  I don't foresee anyone even trying to compete with iRacing on this.  Since no one here is generally racing when I do, I doubt I will be leaving iRacing anytime soon.

GT does a lot of cool things but almost perfect is not a word that I would use.  One key limitation that GT has is that it is a sim paid for by gamers.  As such there will always be little aids to make things easier that can't be disabled (eg. there seams to be an autoblip and cars don't unsettle properly over curbs.)  Some things are just hard to do on a console like a proper data logger and proper data analysis.

The things that excite me about GT are some of the innovative things they do.  I like the live events like the 15minute time trial competition they had during GT5P or when they had Coulthard driving the SLS SMG at the top gear track.  The data collection stuff they are doing is very cool even if it isn't very useful.  But maybe it will lead to more events like racing a pro-racer live.  The shaker thingy is really cool and not something that I have seen anyone else do.

I'm not really expecting a lot from GT6.  Mostly a mishmash of cool ideas.  I'm hoping that the game part is a little more fun and that the physics are a little better but I'm not really expecting it.  Between GT6, Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car 2013, and iRacing, I'll have a lot to keep me occupied for a long time and when I start getting irritated by one, I can switch to another.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 159   Go Up