SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 07:40:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148415 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #810 on: December 03, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »

Qualifing in online lounges.  :)

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/online/

they may have just changed the name of the "free run" mode to "qualifying".  Hopefully that change signifies that the functionality of setting a qualifying time is more ... better. ;)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #811 on: December 03, 2013, 09:56:27 AM »

The tabs at the upper left, P, Q, R. Look like Practice, Qualifing, and Race to me. I don't think they renamed free run, I believe it to be legit.
The article talks about other new tools being added, that the "fans asked for." The online racing is looking to have a lot more control than before, but we'll see.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #812 on: December 03, 2013, 10:08:08 AM »

The tabs at the upper left, P, Q, R. Look like Practice, Qualifing, and Race to me. I don't think they renamed free run, I believe it to be legit.
The article talks about other new tools being added, that the "fans asked for." The online racing is looking to have a lot more control than before, but we'll see.

this is the type of thing that has me most curious and excited, but if not done properly, could be a huge let down, but let's wait like you said ;)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #813 on: December 03, 2013, 10:41:34 AM »

So a thread over at the PSN got me to thinking, in GT6 it seems we have to give out driver a name as we did in the GT Academy demo.  Seems like it's just like a character / driver name that will show up on the screen when racing and in the results (like you name him John Smith and you see J. Smith on screen like the AI drivers), I've been trying to avoid reading too much in terms of spoilers for GT6 but does anyone know if this is going to just be for offline or online too? 

Has anyone thought about what they'll name their driver? 

My PSN ID is actually based off a character name I created many years ago and have used in many RPGs over the years so I do have a surname I could use, but I got to thinking maybe (especially if it's online too) I might go with something a little more Tunatastic.  Maybe Feldynn von Tuna, Feldynn DelTuna or "Something" Feldmann (the something being maybe a fish name).. anyone have any thoughts about the whole "Name Your Driver" thing? 

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #814 on: December 03, 2013, 11:55:58 AM »

So a thread over at the PSN got me to thinking, in GT6 it seems we have to give out driver a name as we did in the GT Academy demo.  Seems like it's just like a character / driver name that will show up on the screen when racing and in the results (like you name him John Smith and you see J. Smith on screen like the AI drivers), I've been trying to avoid reading too much in terms of spoilers for GT6 but does anyone know if this is going to just be for offline or online too? 

Has anyone thought about what they'll name their driver? 

My PSN ID is actually based off a character name I created many years ago and have used in many RPGs over the years so I do have a surname I could use, but I got to thinking maybe (especially if it's online too) I might go with something a little more Tunatastic.  Maybe Feldynn von Tuna, Feldynn DelTuna or "Something" Feldmann (the something being maybe a fish name).. anyone have any thoughts about the whole "Name Your Driver" thing? 

I have thought about it. I am leaning, very heavily, towards using my real name. Why? I find that I act a little less a-hole-ish when I'm not some anonymous person on teh internets. But that's just me. I realize that it could create other problems. So I'm still giving it some thought. We should be able to change them if we want right?
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #815 on: December 03, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »

I have a few candidates...

Jack Hoff
Ben Dover
Emerson Bigguns

Just to name a few.  :D
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #816 on: December 03, 2013, 12:06:06 PM »

Nigel Tufnel of course.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #817 on: December 03, 2013, 12:30:05 PM »

Jack Hoff
Ben Dover
Emerson Bigguns

Just to name a few.  :D

Amanda Hug'n'kiss
Hugh Jazz
Hugh G. Rection

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #818 on: December 03, 2013, 12:32:30 PM »

dlrws6 is almost as much me as my real name considering I've used it for 13 years now, but I'll probably use my real name.

also,

Is it Friday yet?

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #819 on: December 03, 2013, 06:51:50 PM »

Jack Hoff
Ben Dover
Emerson Bigguns

Just to name a few.  :D

Emerson Bigguns. You did it. I've been searching FOR YEARS for a good noun last name to go with first name Emerson and the best I've ever been able to come up with is "Hotdogs"

ALSO: Hey guys, remember when GT5 came out and all of the preview shit showed first names too (like in an A-Spec race where all your opponents are from a name generator ala E. Bigguns? Even Player One had a generated name. I would bet cash mo-nay that your PSN ID is gonna be in that place.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #820 on: December 03, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »

Also also: is anyone here even remotely excited for this game? The amount of negativity around here is retarded.

Just wait till the fucker comes out then find the bitch thread and go to town. Guess what? No one is going to be 100% satisfied, but who cares? Have fun and stop worrying about stupid shit. It's $60 fucking dollars.

Christ.

/rant

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #821 on: December 03, 2013, 07:08:44 PM »

Also also: is anyone here even remotely excited for this game? The amount of negativity around here is retarded.

Just wait till the fucker comes out then find the bitch thread and go to town. Guess what? No one is going to be 100% satisfied, but who cares? Have fun and stop worrying about stupid shit. It's $60 fucking dollars.

Christ.

/rant

Congratulations on the most negative post in the entire thread.  Would you like a prize?

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #822 on: December 03, 2013, 08:45:18 PM »

Christ.

/rant

My furry friends & I are very excited for the game.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #823 on: December 04, 2013, 05:55:27 AM »

Christ.

/rant

My furry friends & I are very excited for the game.

Glad to hear it, Zilla!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #824 on: December 04, 2013, 09:31:29 AM »

I'm trying not to get too outwardly exciting so I don't end up getting caught up in all the interweb hype and spoilers, that and these days too much excitement for me is like getting bad gas.  I swell up and accidentally let it out in small bursts, sometimes by accident and usually at inappropriate times :D.

However, that being said..

!!!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 159   Go Up