SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 06:34:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148413 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #825 on: December 04, 2013, 11:05:21 AM »

"standard" Yellowbird looking pretty dang good.

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #826 on: December 04, 2013, 11:54:02 AM »

That Yellowbird does look very nice!  I was browsing GTP and found a comparison thread of GT5 "standard" vs GT6 "unPremium" cars (click here) that has some interesting pictures, here's a few:

Some have improved more than others and some apparently have been barely touched, there are some issues with the window texture on that Mercedes DTM car and a couple of spots on the Caterham too.  It looks like there are more properly modeled exterior features now though instead of just painted on textures, like hood vent on the Caterham and wheel arch vents on the Merc DTM.

This is kind of what I was expecting / hoping PD would be able to do (or even would have had to do to work properly with the new game engine) in terms of upgrading the old GT4 assets, I'm not expecting all 900 odd standards to be fully upgraded to the maximum "unPremium" quality that some seem to be but I am really liking what I'm seeing so far! 

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #827 on: December 04, 2013, 11:57:53 AM »

Hotstepper, if it makes you feel any better, I'm like an addict waiting for the next hit. I cannot stop reading post on GTPlanet. I don't know if I can take it much longer. I'm super excited. And I have a gut feeling about the online play. I think it's going to be an improvement. Here's hoping.

I will be very interested to see what this group does with the new club feature. Ideas?
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #828 on: December 04, 2013, 12:10:20 PM »

Honestly MX5, I think it depends entirely on what new and improved options / features we get for online :).  I've been trying to avoid looking at too much stuff in case of spoilers so I don't know if there's any decent info out there yet about new online stuff, though I do think I read somewhere we're not getting all the proper community features until a patch in January.  At the very least I'm hoping it's going to be something not unlike GTA5 is in terms of we can set up a club and have a community hub maybe with some proper event planning stuff that's both web-based and also links directly into the game, hopefully we'll get some useful stuff to play with.

Oh also on the "unPremium" note, here's another one that may be of interest to one or two folks :)..

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #829 on: December 04, 2013, 12:16:57 PM »

Feldynn, I just ran across that thread too. Good stuff. The standards do look a lot better, and that's cool.

I'm pretty excited to play this game as well, I'm just trying to not get overly hyped.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #830 on: December 04, 2013, 12:28:18 PM »

Yay! Camaro picks. I had been wondering since the 00 Camaro SS is about my favorite car in GT and its as close as I can get to my real life 02 Trans Am.  :D

What negativity?  I thought we were still at war against negativity?

Is it Friday yet?

Edit: Yes I know the above picks are not the 00 Camaro but are the 97 Camaro Z28 and actually what happened to the Chrome wheels?  I believe Chrome 5 spokes were correct for that model and year?  I guess I'll have to go back and check.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:30:56 PM by dlrws6 »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #831 on: December 04, 2013, 01:15:23 PM »

I'm trying not to get too outwardly exciting so I don't end up getting caught up in all the interweb hype and spoilers, that and these days too much excitement for me is like getting bad gas.  I swell up and accidentally let it out in small bursts, sometimes by accident and usually at inappropriate times :D.

However, that being said..

!!!

Word... brotha!!!!!!!!

On related notes... who here is kind of sad to be saying goodbye to GT5?

With all of its flaws and shortcomings, it has been our home for three years and as I was doing a seasonal TT last night, I realized it may actually (not likely, but possible) be my last time looking at those screens, as cumbersome as they are ;)

I'll say this -- that GT5 (among great people around me at home) got me through the most difficult time of my life.

Right before GT5 landed, I got hit wit ha legal case that I did not deserve, as a means of my son's mom (not my new son's mom :D) trying to put me in jail so she could have our kid to herself.  I won't go into a lot of detail here, but it is accurate to say I don't know if I would have made it without such a massive game and great community  to take my mind off of what was happening.

My brain couldn't handle the stress of processing what was going on in the real world, and I desperately needed a virtual reality to insert myself into until it passed.

I still feel very broken inside and out, from what happened to me, but GT5 was a great thing that kept me engaged with the outside world.

For many others it has been therapeutic as well.  I know a guy with Cerebral Palsy, used to know a guy with a very serious head injury, a few guys with other ailments and limitations, but in GT5, they found ways to connect to people and actually improve their conditions as a result of using their hand-eye coordination and having to problem solve to get the darn game to work!

Maybe it's all just a coincidence, or maybe it was a blessing.  But either way, I'm sad to say goodbye to GT5...   :'(  :-*

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #832 on: December 04, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »

Cool story X. For me ... I have mixed feelings about GT5. I suspect I'll have quite the opposite reaction to it as you. My addiction to GT5 was somewhat to blame for the divorce, or so she says. Everything in moderation, right? GT6 is a new chapter for me. Couldn't come soon enough.

Checkout this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI1kfYhX5qc

It appears to me that the AI uses the draft @1:44 and tries to make a pass. Pretty cool.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:18:01 PM by MX5#98 »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #833 on: December 04, 2013, 02:24:56 PM »

yes, that does look like the AI was trying to use the draft.  Might have worked in another situation...

also, those new camera angles are looking pretty sweet!

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #834 on: December 04, 2013, 04:14:51 PM »

Those Standards look pretty awesome, I'm excited to see them with some aftermarket wheels.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #835 on: December 04, 2013, 04:36:59 PM »

You guys have probably all seen this video already, but it's worth a second look. We get this in two days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X4FCyI1SlM

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #836 on: December 04, 2013, 05:41:20 PM »

You guys have probably all seen this video already, but it's worth a second look. We get this in two days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X4FCyI1SlM

The PS store has a few of the videos on there now.  Much better quality than the youtube versions.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #837 on: December 04, 2013, 06:16:31 PM »

Cool video MX.

I am getting a new living room tv tomorrow so I can put the old 50 inch in the kids playroom to replace the 40 that got zapped.  :D I'll be ready to play on Christmas day, I hope.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #838 on: December 04, 2013, 06:50:57 PM »

More Info on the GT6 Online Feature:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/manual/#!/online/openlobby

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna