SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 07:34:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148415 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #855 on: December 05, 2013, 02:18:33 PM »

I was worried that using host accounts won't work any more, and that someone with the name "GT Saturday" or "Host Tuna" would have to start a room, then race under that account, BUT

from the manual thingy:

Speaking of people with a NAT type of 3
"・They cannot enter friends' rooms if there is no one else there (they cannot become the room owner)."

I think that means we can join a friend's room even if they are not there, provided we have an okay connection.

Okay I'm starting to get a bit skeptical here...  I read somewhere that the day one patch will remove the "community" button within the online menu.  I'm sure that has something to do with some of the community features not being ready for launch, which we expected.  But that may also mean we can't select a friend from a list and join their little teacup (if they are even teacups anymore).  It MAY mean we will have to use the Open Lobby as the only means of racing online until January sometime.

I really hope that's not the case, because it will put a logistical wrench in a lot of groups...

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #856 on: December 05, 2013, 02:46:50 PM »

"Open Lobby is a mode in which you can join rooms that have been created online, compete in online races, and communicate with other players. Choose your preferred room based on race type, difficulty level, track, regulations, and so on. You can also create your own room, either making it open to everyone or just inviting your friends. In order to enjoy Open Lobby mode, you must be signed in to PlayStation®Network."

You can also filter the list of open lobby rooms to just those that your friends are in

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #857 on: December 05, 2013, 03:07:15 PM »

"Open Lobby is a mode in which you can join rooms that have been created online, compete in online races, and communicate with other players. Choose your preferred room based on race type, difficulty level, track, regulations, and so on. You can also create your own room, either making it open to everyone or just inviting your friends. In order to enjoy Open Lobby mode, you must be signed in to PlayStation®Network."

You can also filter the list of open lobby rooms to just those that your friends are in

Yes, I saw that.  That was the basis for my worrying.  That you have to first go to Open Lobby, create a room and then either stay there or leave and have the host transfer to someone else.

In other words, you'd have to be friends with the host.  If a race organizer doesn't wish to race as the host account, such as HostTuna, they might run into limitations.

At the very least it isn't clear yet, but will be soon enough ;)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #858 on: December 05, 2013, 03:12:40 PM »

Regarding the whole Open Lobby / Community button going away thing, so long as we can still create private rooms we should be good and reading this page of the online manual it sounds like we should be able to do so through the "Open Lobby" button. 

So fingers crossed it should be business mostly as usual, though without community features we may not have access to our own personal lounges like before so it'll be a case of someone (or the event host in some cases) to start a private room with transferable host and we all find them that way rather than looking for directly in Host Tuna's lounge.

Also..

Here is my plan:

1. Put the game in the PS3.
2. Do the tutorial, buy the Fit, & grind back to 30,000.
3. Sell the Fit
4. Buy a new car.
5. Have real fun.

Sound like a good plan?

It might be worth holding on to that Fit, Zilla (et. all), unless it's pretty easy to win enough cash to rebuy one next week.  Not saying it will for sure be what we'll be running for ToC on Thursday but it "might" be involved depending on what I find out in the next couple of days :), I will do my best to get something up as quick as possible though so peeps know what car(s) to aim for and it should at least be something that may be useful in Career mode and not just random oddball turds :D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #859 on: December 05, 2013, 03:26:46 PM »

I know there are workarounds, it's just about figuring out if the workarounds will be ideal, or close enough to what we had before.

What GT Saturdays needs probably a little more than the Tuna hosted events, is the ability to have newcomers sign up without being friends with the participants.  Having a host account, as you all know, is ideal for that situation.

That way, there is a larger pool of potential racers compared to just the 100 friends of the host-player -- not all of which would be interested in that one event.  Instead, we get a full 100 players for any one event.

Though, maybe this feature was taken away because they have something even better in store for us?  Like the ability to have a standing Event Room that exists as soon as someone from a list of participants opens it?  That would be more ideal than the current Host-Account scenario, because it wouldn't necessarily be limited to just 100 people.

As with many things, it may depend on our feedback about the current features and how we hope the new features will work.

Let's play around with the possibilities and offer lots of feedback, just in case ;)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #860 on: December 05, 2013, 03:55:21 PM »

I have never understood what PD has against password protected rooms.  It is so much more flexible than only being able to restrict rooms to friends only or open rooms.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #861 on: December 05, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »

Finally excited about racing again.  Looking forward to heading out tonight at midnight to pick up the game.  Just looked at the weather forecast (we're supposed to get something like 9 inches of snow tomorrow) and the freezing rate is expected to start at 11 tonight.

Here's hoping the storm doesn't arrive too early.

:stoopid:  I hope so too.  You might want to pick up some eggs, milk, and most importantly, beer, while you're out!

Don't forget the ice cream. It could be months before you can get out of the driveway. :pigs
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #862 on: December 05, 2013, 04:46:35 PM »

Finally excited about racing again.  Looking forward to heading out tonight at midnight to pick up the game.  Just looked at the weather forecast (we're supposed to get something like 9 inches of snow tomorrow) and the freezing rate is expected to start at 11 tonight.

It looks doubtful, but there's the possibility I could get called off work tomorrow, which would be swell.

Come on...

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #863 on: December 05, 2013, 05:35:19 PM »

The guy at my local Wally World is an idiot. Just called to see if they got GT6 in, and he doesn't know. WTF?! I told him it's suppose to release tomorrow, and he says, "Oh, call back at midnight, they may know then."  ::)
Gamestop has it, but they don't open til 10am. I'm ready to play this muthafucker NOW!!!
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #864 on: December 05, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »

The guy at my local Wally World is an idiot. Just called to see if they got GT6 in, and he doesn't know. WTF?! I told him it's suppose to release tomorrow, and he says, "Oh, call back at midnight, they may know then."  ::)
Gamestop has it, but they don't open til 10am. I'm ready to play this muthafucker NOW!!!

You could buy it off of psn and download it right now.  I don't know when they unlock it though.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #865 on: December 05, 2013, 06:44:46 PM »

:stoopid:  I hope so too.  You might want to pick up some eggs, milk, and most importantly, beer, while you're out!

I know for fact that Ricks got plenty of beer.  288 bottles was the last count.   He should stay warm and happy.
Seriously, for those who are getting hammered by the weather, be careful and drive safe.

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #866 on: December 05, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »

I know for fact that Ricks got plenty of beer.  288 bottles was the last count.   He should stay warm and happy.
Seriously, for those who are getting hammered by the weather, be careful and drive safe.

I have no plans to be out. I plan on staying in & playing GT6 to get ready for tomorrow night's drive in. ;)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #867 on: December 05, 2013, 08:03:50 PM »

Well, I struck out tonight. Bummed. Hit two Gamestops, Walmart and Best Buy. Nobody would sell early. Sadness. My Walmart is saying that they didn't even get a shipment, so I can't pickup a copy at midnight. That means I have to drive in the ice tomorrow morning or do the digital download.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #868 on: December 05, 2013, 09:06:55 PM »

To keep everyone going another few hours I just found this on GT Planet!

Who's have thought the Citroen 2CV would actually look pretty good :D.

Also this looks good..

But especially this!

I know I'm in the minority when it comes to liking the C4 Vettes but man does that scrub up nicely in GT6 :D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #869 on: December 05, 2013, 09:22:05 PM »

In the "Basic menu controls" page from the online manual, it says button "O" is used to select an option, and "X" is used to cancel.

It is the opposite of what we had in GT5, and also the opposite of what we have in XMB, so I hope it's a mistake in the manual.

Yves
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 159   Go Up