SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 03:41:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148436 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #900 on: December 06, 2013, 10:24:25 PM »

I bought the pre-release version at GameStop.  Anyone known how to redeem the bonus ?

There's a standard PSN redeem code inside the box, looking like XXXX-YYYY-ZZZZ .  No problem here.

But the guy at GameStop told me there's something to do with the "DLC promo code" that appears on the receipt.  It's a 16 characters code all together (no spaces, no dashes), made of letters and numbers.  What do we need to do with it ?

Thanks !

Yves

If you got the Anniversary Edition, the number on the receipt is nothing, all your free goodies come from the code with the game.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #901 on: December 06, 2013, 10:40:56 PM »

I breifly joined an online room, and quickly realized I didn't know who the hell was in there, even though I knew it was a "friends lounge". This new name thing is kinda screwed up. I used Chrome Tuna, but it shows up as C. Tuna, so when I was coming in, I could hear people saying, "Here comes either Charlie, or Chrome."

I have since changed it to # for the first name, and  ChromeTuna for the last, and that's pretty much how it will display in the room, so no confusion. There's a 12 character limit, and you can only change your name twice.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #902 on: December 06, 2013, 11:54:58 PM »

Goodwood....

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #903 on: December 07, 2013, 12:07:34 AM »

Lord March reached out to you too I see.  8)

Goodwood is the bee's knees isn't it? I am really enjoying how the game keeps things interesting, and slowly opens stuff up, and before you know it; you've got more things to do than you have time for.

I'm digging it so far!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #904 on: December 07, 2013, 01:33:30 AM »

There's a 12 character limit, and you can only change your name twice.

Oh? Where did you find the rules?

If that is the case, then I'm going for @MasterGT.  ^-^

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #905 on: December 07, 2013, 06:06:47 AM »

I'm impressed. Can't say too much though, as it will be some fanboy foolishness I'm sure. It's nice that a number of things we've asked for, we got. Buying stage engine mods and weight reduction in an online lobby is good, and I'm told those two mods can be turned on and off like bolt ons. Lounges didn't get every restriction available, but country and make have been added to the list. Visually, it's a noticeable step up from 5. Physics are more challenging too.

I like the 86 GT race car base model. Same weight and power as the road car, but with full downforce and adjustable tranny. It's my only purchase so far. I think I'm going to be on a Toyota spree, as I think my next cars will be the normal 86GT and the Supra RZ. Too many choices.

AI has improved, but so far they still show some of the weaknesses from GT5, just less pronounced.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #906 on: December 07, 2013, 07:02:56 AM »

There's a 12 character limit, and you can only change your name twice.

Oh? Where did you find the rules?

If that is the case, then I'm going for @MasterGT.  ^-^

The 12 limit is displayed beside each box, and when you change your name, it tells you how many more times you can change it.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #907 on: December 07, 2013, 07:12:53 AM »

I didn't think to check, can you change oil in an online lobby?

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #908 on: December 07, 2013, 07:16:00 AM »

I didn't think to check, can you change oil in an online lobby?

There's a good question ....

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #909 on: December 07, 2013, 07:47:30 AM »

I thought about that when I got in that lounge...but forgot to check.

Changing oil does increase power of new cars.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #910 on: December 07, 2013, 11:09:31 AM »

The friends thing in the license tests is pretty cool. I see you Brindle, Boots, and Josh.  :laugh

Unfortunately, I've only seen it in one area (only two events?) and not since.

Go back to any Seasonal or License test as more have run them now. It is totally cool. :)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #911 on: December 07, 2013, 11:11:21 AM »

Goodwood is the bee's knees isn't it? I am really enjoying how the game keeps things interesting, and slowly opens stuff up, and before you know it; you've got more things to do than you have time for.

I'm digging it so far!

And the prize cars are awesome. Don't skip out on Goodwood.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #912 on: December 07, 2013, 11:18:15 AM »

A few initial impressions.  Overall, it is much more of an integrated game than GT5 was.  GT5 felt like a missmash of stuff thrown together of different qualities.  GT6 is a much better put together package.

The graphics are not as sharp as GT5 at 1080p.  It looks like they are applying something like FXAA which blurs things a little.  On the plus side, I don't notice the bad tearing that GT5 had and overall performance seams better.  Standards don't stick out like a sore thumb as badly.  Definitely better overall.

UI overall is much better and simpler.  I did like the friend's profile pages in GT5 though.

AI.  On the plus side, they take defensive lines and race each other.  On the minus side they are freakishly slow.  Maybe I'm not far enough yet but early on they suck.

Which brings me to my next point: I didn't really like having to start in A spec.  Without AI, the races are kind of boring.  There almost appears to be some sort of rubber banding in the AI.  It wasn't uncommon being 8s down going into the final lap and making that all up in 3/4 of a lap and then having to defend to finish off the lap cause the AI seemed to find some speed again. 

Things get much better once you open up national b.  Special events open up.  The moon thing is cool but Goodwood is tons of fun.  Goodwood needs to have rankings like some of the other events.  There is much more variety in the A spec events later on.  In some of the events you can see lines on the track showing where all your friends were at the same point.  It's really depressing seeing how fast they are motivating trying to chase them.

Physics.  Better than GT5 but something is still missing.  Of course the autoblipping and stuff is still there.  I was impressed with how unweighting the car by going over a hill destabilised the car.  Materhorn is a freakish track that way.  I was worried that Materhorn was just going to be another Eiger but no.  The X-bow on Materhorn is pretty fucking scary.

This brings me to the new tracks.  In a word awesome.  I love all of them so far.  Good to see Brands Hatch in GT.  Bathurst is epic.  I'm looking forward to seeing Interlagos and Interlagos kart track in GT.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #913 on: December 07, 2013, 11:32:20 AM »

I actually don't care much for the friends trails in the license tests. They cover the track and make visibility poor, I can't see my apexes if I'm a fraction of a second off the pace.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #914 on: December 07, 2013, 11:33:03 AM »

I'm digging it so far!

And the prize cars are awesome. Don't skip out on Goodwood.

With the prize cars, you don't really even need to buy anything.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 159   Go Up