• May 06, 2024, 05:04:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148407 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #945 on: December 08, 2013, 01:30:40 AM »

Hey Dudes, has anyone done any testing to see if the physics are the same offline and online? I haven't made it online yet and was curious. Thanks in advance!

Off to bed.  :-*

I tried to get into a lobby last night but I kept getting kicked out.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #946 on: December 08, 2013, 01:45:47 AM »

Fuckin' A Rick, your license test times were tough to beat.   But, you're up. :)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #947 on: December 08, 2013, 02:03:33 AM »

5. I've experienced some weirdness in the mountain roads, especially on steep downhill sections. At first, I was just taking them too fast. But later I tried it at reasonable speeds and the backend would still come around on me without touching brakes or gas. Very weird.

If you are going down a steep incline all the weight of the car is forward unweighting the back making it easy to spin.  Seemingly odd things can happen on inclines.  For example, Limerock park has a hill when you crest the hill weight comes off the front wheels if your wheels aren't straight when the weight comes back down, your can lose control of the car.  This happens in both iRacing and rF2.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #948 on: December 08, 2013, 02:17:50 AM »

If you are going down a steep incline all the weight of the car is forward unweighting the back making it easy to spin.  Seemingly odd things can happen on inclines.  For example, Limerock park has a hill when you crest the hill weight comes off the front wheels if your wheels aren't straight when the weight comes back down, your can lose control of the car.  This happens in both iRacing and rF2.

I know exactly the place at Limerock you're talking about GT11, used to give me fits until I learned to let off the gas just a touch as the back wheels came down :), I think it did the same thing in Race 07 too depending on the car but wasn't quite as severe as in iRacing. 

Some of the corners at Matterhorn and Bathrust have been giving me fits too, I think it's mostly me going in too fast and causing myself problems with spins or just understeering into walls because I'm just unfamiliar with the nuances of the tracks yet.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #949 on: December 08, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »

Some of the corners at Matterhorn and Bathrust have been giving me fits too, I think it's mostly me going in too fast and causing myself problems with spins or just understeering into walls because I'm just unfamiliar with the nuances of the tracks yet.

And the track maintenance crew at Bathurst forgot to polish and grease the walls so if you hit the wall you actually have to back up.  then of course everyone behind you hits you on the way through and by the time you get going, your dead last again.  I did that at least twice one race.  I still managed to get 4rd.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #950 on: December 08, 2013, 11:27:30 AM »

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Matterhorn. I swear on one of the steep downhill sections, I spun and hit the wall no all three laps. Still managed to win the race, lol. But I swear, after that, I tried slowing down significantly before the hill and I still spun it. Not very fun. But I guess in time I'll learn how to do it properly.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #951 on: December 08, 2013, 11:28:24 AM »

Hey Dudes, has anyone done any testing to see if the physics are the same offline and online? I haven't made it online yet and was curious. Thanks in advance!

Off to bed.  :-*

I'll try it sometime today.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #952 on: December 08, 2013, 11:40:57 AM »

Jay-Zee and I were playing around with the stomach dislodging spots on Matterhorn last night 

While doing that I noticed something, there is gaps on the tailgate of the El Camino that you can see through, meaning it's a separate part. This leads me to believe there may be the ability to do damage to the point of loosing parts on production parts now but I can't say for sure until I see it happen.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #953 on: December 08, 2013, 12:01:28 PM »

Went to sign in today and wheel is acting all wonky. Will be on the phone with Fanarec in the morning it is only nine months old or so. The way it is now if I turn the wheel right at all the camera looks that way. Makes it undriveable. I may be back out there some point soon we will have to wait and see. Hopefully everyone else is having a better time of it.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #954 on: December 08, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »

National A test--Night masters.  Night races at Mt. Panorama, Willow Springs, and Matterhorn.  Holy Shit.

I over powered them with car and tire and used the driving line. Oh well, it was better then the frustration of crashing on the second turn.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #955 on: December 08, 2013, 12:25:44 PM »

Gornergrat League: Race 1.

I'm in a Viper (one of the DLC cars). I take the lead with half a lap to go (after a few accidents... this track is insane!). I pass the finish line on lap 3/3 in first place. No "Finish" graphic or anything. Instead, it says "Lap 3/3" in the corner still and it bumps me back to 10th place. Say what? I run the 3th lap for the 2st time and then the race completes. Weird!

I had a sound glitch on one of the mountain tracks. I was able to finish the race, but I had to exit out of the game to correct the sound issue.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #956 on: December 08, 2013, 12:28:17 PM »

The one make races in the B section require a Prius and a BRZ/Scion.  Does anybody know if we are going to win these cars?  I don't mind buying the BRZ, but I do not want to buy the Prius.

I have not bought any other car beside the Honda Fit.  I'm really trying to push through with what I have in my garage.

Thank you

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #957 on: December 08, 2013, 12:37:21 PM »

Went to sign in today and wheel is acting all wonky. Will be on the phone with Fanarec in the morning it is only nine months old or so. The way it is now if I turn the wheel right at all the camera looks that way. Makes it undriveable. I may be back out there some point soon we will have to wait and see. Hopefully everyone else is having a better time of it.

The button mapping for Fanatec wheels is the G25 settings...  have you checked those?   Perhaps something got screwed up in there.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #958 on: December 08, 2013, 12:44:22 PM »

The one make races in the B section require a Prius and a BRZ/Scion.  Does anybody know if we are going to win these cars?  I don't mind buying the BRZ, but I do not want to buy the Prius.

I have not bought any other car beside the Honda Fit.  I'm really trying to push through with what I have in my garage.

Thank you

Nope. I hoped to win something by winning these two races, but it looks like I bought both cars to enter the races and win a few bucks; there is no prize car. It looks like we don't get anything for golding the coffee breaks either.

I'm glad I have a cool 86 with a roll cage and a tow hook now though!

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #959 on: December 08, 2013, 12:46:48 PM »

Paint chips are re-usable!!!  :hhjj

Now, if we just had a limited editor I could turn my '70 Nova into a lightless cop car.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 159   Go Up