SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 07:56:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148416 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #975 on: December 08, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »

Gornergrat League: Race 1.

I'm in a Viper (one of the DLC cars). I take the lead with half a lap to go (after a few accidents... this track is insane!). I pass the finish line on lap 3/3 in first place. No "Finish" graphic or anything. Instead, it says "Lap 3/3" in the corner still and it bumps me back to 10th place. Say what? I run the 3th lap for the 2st time and then the race completes. Weird!

after I took lead of this race, maybe on lap 2, I looked at display and noticed I was in tenth...weird. I restarted the race and I was fine. I think I used the KTM prize car.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #976 on: December 08, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »

You don't get a free pair of racing wet and intermediates with your purchase of racing slicks anymore.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #977 on: December 08, 2013, 06:11:08 PM »

Gornergrat League: Race 1.

I'm in a Viper (one of the DLC cars). I take the lead with half a lap to go (after a few accidents... this track is insane!). I pass the finish line on lap 3/3 in first place. No "Finish" graphic or anything. Instead, it says "Lap 3/3" in the corner still and it bumps me back to 10th place. Say what? I run the 3th lap for the 2st time and then the race completes. Weird!

after I took lead of this race, maybe on lap 2, I looked at display and noticed I was in tenth...weird. I restarted the race and I was fine. I think I used the KTM prize car.

That was the result of a big off track excursion I believe, it happened to me in my lambo at Ascari during the European tour. I missed that hard left and went so far off track it wasn't funny. It was going to be less of a pain in the ass to just straighline it from where I ended up, so I did. I came back on track in the same position I offed from, turns out that due to the epicnisity of my shortcut I was docked a full lap. Also, had to restart the race.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #978 on: December 08, 2013, 07:00:35 PM »

A few thoughts on the AI.  First, it is vastly better than GT5.  Cars race each other.  Cars race you.  If you overcook a corner passing them, they will retake the position by cutting underneath you.  They aren't perfect though, they will drop off at times like GT5 rather than trying to keep up with you and are often way to slow especially at the beginning.  Their defensive moves are sometimes bad enough to be blocking or actually take you out.  They will sometimes try to push you off track.  There is some definite rubber banding going on.  If you take a very overpowered car and take the lead early, the AI tends to drive in a line close to each other with maybe one or two rabbits that are a little faster.  If you crash or are slow, they appear to space themselves out more giving you a chance to pass some cars.  The lead car tends to keep a relative constant distance until later in the race then allows you to catch up, then goes faster again once you've passed.  I wiped out on the final lap after just passing the AI, the AI was kind enough to slow down again to allow me to catch up.  On the plus side, the rubber banding makes for more fun races when you are trying to learn a track.  If you wipe out, you still aren't out of the race.  On the minus side, you can't have a really competitive race; you don't know if you win a race because the AI lets you are because you were fast.  I'm not sure if the AI genuinely lacks overall pace or if most of the AI's characteristics are mostly decisions PD made to make the game fun for most people.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #979 on: December 08, 2013, 08:02:23 PM »

PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #980 on: December 08, 2013, 09:31:12 PM »

Posted my first GT6 tune here:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mazda-miata-owners-club-mmoc-tuning-guide.291109/

MX

I'm running my suspension, as close to what I had on my real MX5, as I can get it...

Suspension--2006 NC Sport--this year only, Sport was the 2rd highest trim level. 6spd manual had LSD from factory.

Ride Height: 20 from lowest, I think
Spring Rate: 8.0F/6.0R-----DGR coilovers
Dampers (Comp): 6F/5R---
Dampers (Ext): 6F/5R----my real shocks were 30 position adjustable, they were 10F, 5R from the softest setting. Still fairly firm though.
Anti-Roll: 3F/3R----I had the stock "Sport" bars
Camber: 1.5F/1.5R
Toe: .03F/.03R

The game still makes the car a tad tighter than my real one was. Mine only understeered once, and that was when I really over cooked a turn in the mountains. It snuck up on me, and didn't have time to set up for it.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #981 on: December 08, 2013, 09:37:55 PM »

A few thoughts on the AI.  First, it is vastly better than GT5.  Cars race each other.  Cars race you.  If you overcook a corner passing them, they will retake the position by cutting underneath you.  They aren't perfect though, they will drop off at times like GT5 rather than trying to keep up with you and are often way to slow especially at the beginning.  Their defensive moves are sometimes bad enough to be blocking or actually take you out.  They will sometimes try to push you off track.  There is some definite rubber banding going on.  If you take a very overpowered car and take the lead early, the AI tends to drive in a line close to each other with maybe one or two rabbits that are a little faster.  If you crash or are slow, they appear to space themselves out more giving you a chance to pass some cars.  The lead car tends to keep a relative constant distance until later in the race then allows you to catch up, then goes faster again once you've passed.  I wiped out on the final lap after just passing the AI, the AI was kind enough to slow down again to allow me to catch up.  On the plus side, the rubber banding makes for more fun races when you are trying to learn a track.  If you wipe out, you still aren't out of the race.  On the minus side, you can't have a really competitive race; you don't know if you win a race because the AI lets you are because you were fast.  I'm not sure if the AI genuinely lacks overall pace or if most of the AI's characteristics are mostly decisions PD made to make the game fun for most people.

The best race I've had with the AI yet, is at Nurb in the 15 minutes race. I battled with an Oreca Viper for almost a full lap. I was in the AE Honda HSV at 600PP. I think the PP limit is 650. I didn't know if I was going to win that race or not. It was pretty cool.

Also, some of the AI needs the blind spot indicator. I've had a couple take me out, during some heated racing.

Also, also, the I-A Championship at the bottom, in the license position, is a beast. I can't handle a LMP car for too long, so I grabbed the trusty HSV(love that car), and tried it out. Finished 6th at Bathurst, but I still don't know the track, and for this series I needed to. I carried on anyway. Won the next 3 races, barely. The last one is at Nurb 24hr in the evening. Really like the track, but I figured I had to win the race, to win the Championship. Fought hard for the 2 laps, but only managed a 4rd, had a couple mishaps. But to my surprised, I still won the Championship by 10 points. What a relief. It was fun and very stressful at the same time.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:44:51 PM by ChromeTuna »

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #982 on: December 08, 2013, 09:48:05 PM »

Very cool. How do you come up with your Spring Rate equivalents? I get the damper settings. But I've always heard the spring rates given in pounds.

(p.s. I'm saving up for the AST coilovers myself  :)  )

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #983 on: December 08, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »

Very cool. How do you come up with your Spring Rate equivalents? I get the damper settings. But I've always heard the spring rates given in pounds.

(p.s. I'm saving up for the AST coilovers myself  :)  )

DGR, and some others use kg instead of pounds, so I didn't have to guess on that.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #984 on: December 08, 2013, 09:59:28 PM »

DGR, and some others use kg instead of pounds, so I didn't have to guess on that.

Ahh, I was just searching for that info and found it. Was going to edit my original post. But that makes sense. So you had 8kg in the front and 6kg in the rear? Cool. I haven't figured out what springs I'm going to use front and back. I have to come up with a setting that I can use on a daily driver.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #985 on: December 08, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »

Ahh, I was just searching for that info and found it. Was going to edit my original post. But that makes sense. So you had 8kg in the front and 6kg in the rear? Cool. I haven't figured out what springs I'm going to use front and back. I have to come up with a setting that I can use on a daily driver.

I daily drove mine, and while it was by far firmer than stock, it didn't beat you to death. Infact, those are the springs for the "street" kit. They had 10/8, and 15/12 setups too.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #986 on: December 09, 2013, 05:20:49 AM »

AI....huge rubber band effect.  Improved overall, but still backs off at times when you pass. You only get a really good race if you have a weaker car and take the lead, then they might give you a good fight. Whatever, I'm still earning money and working my way toward more cars.

Mercedes Vision GT car...holy shit, turbo charge, engine tune, bolt ons, adjustable tranny, go to Like the Wind race. I only changed the top speed setting - 278mph on flat ground

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #987 on: December 09, 2013, 03:25:20 PM »

Went to sign in today and wheel is acting all wonky. Will be on the phone with Fanarec in the morning it is only nine months old or so. The way it is now if I turn the wheel right at all the camera looks that way. Makes it undriveable. I may be back out there some point soon we will have to wait and see. Hopefully everyone else is having a better time of it.

Fantec office is west coast doing what I can to be patient. But just in case mounted the backup but wow I am in for huge adjustments. Pedals and wheel are a let down and to think how much I was impressed when I first got them.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #988 on: December 09, 2013, 04:45:20 PM »

It seems the sand is much different than past versions.  You don't lose nearly the same amount of speed as before.  Sadly, this makes cheating much easier on certain tracks, particularly Apricot Hill (glad to have this track back) and one place I raced last night after drinking too many beers so I don't recall the name of it.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #989 on: December 09, 2013, 07:36:25 PM »

I hate the 24min of La Sarthe.  I'm not sure if it is kind of fun or just terribly frustrating.  One time, I was having a great race and then got spun out by the AI (well more than one time).  One time, I ran out of tires.  Another time, I thought I had everything worked out and was over a minute in the lead on the last lap only to run out of fuel.  The AI is insanely aggressive.  Combine that with the insane draft, the insane speeds on the Mulsanne straight and the fact that the AI can't time pulling out of the draft, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Some tips:
Spoiler for Hiden:
My race started with about 50% ground water.  I went with Racing Softs on my Anniversary edition Audi prototype equipped with a turbo.  The key to the first lap is to keep things close.  It doesn't matter if you are first or last at the end of the lap but you have to be fast enough to keep the pack close together.  This first lap is the tricky point.  Your tires start off cold and wet so are a little slippery to start with and the AI is dangerous.  If you make it to the end of the first lap, the AI will pit to change tires and leave you in the lead.  The wet road and then the cool temperature at night will keep the Racing softs in good condition until the end of you first stint at about the halfway point.  As the road dries and temperature increases, tire wear and fuel consumption go up.  I find that the car gets really squirrely when the rear tires are about halfway worn,  you don't want to be halfway around the track when your tires go.  You will need to pit one more time for both tires and fuel so you might as well go with softs again.  Mediums on the rear would last a little longer but I don't think will decrease the number of pit stops you need.  The last couple of laps it will look close but the AI will pit again before the last lap giving you some breathing space.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 159   Go Up